Jul 16, 2009
Rome
[ROM] Froyo_UK_3.4.2-117

This is just a simple Backup about last original froyo uk :D

Changelog

+ Rooted and busybox
+ Added CWM by tenfar
+ Milestone oc 1.4.7
+ Setcpu (from xda please donate on market)
+ File manager oi
+ Quickboot
+ Adobe FlashPlayer
+ Adobe Showcase
+ Launcher Pro 0.8.3
+ Added other Font by default
+ Bootanimation World from GalaxyS
+ Enjoy!

** DOWNLOAD the backup and unzipped in microsd >>> sdcard/goapkrev/backup, enter in recovery(cwm) and do a full wipe, flash it as a restore/backup.
as it has finished installation switch off and on again defy in recovery pressed vol down + power, arrived at the triangle with the android-robot push vol up+vol down together, and entry in recovery, do a full wipe then reboot!

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
does it work on the 2.51 ? we don't have the "Boot up only" sbf on this version.

pre2k

Jun 22, 2008
sorry, just for my understanding:

with this backup i can upgrade directly from 2.21/2.34 with clockwork mod recovery without following any other steps? is it then still downgradeable?

iaio72

Jul 16, 2009
Rome
sorry, just for my understanding:

with this backup i can upgrade directly from 2.21/2.34 with clockwork mod recovery without following any other steps? is it then still downgradeable?

i dont know about 2.21 fw....i downloading from 2.51 and was all ok!
I suggest for more security to download first uk 2.51 and after flash this rom/backup!

Jan 13, 2011
if the crystal talk setting was missing means that defy would not have crystal talk plus anymore ?

jboogie3

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2009
Florida
Might want to remove setcpu.. the dev has stated he doesn't want people to include it in roms

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

naenee

Apr 29, 2008
Google Pixel 6
Ah, good point.

However, on another note, as this release has almost everything working (the haptic feedback is not as prominent as it is in other releases), why would you want to go back?

tim440

Dec 3, 2010
Sevilla
Ah, good point.

However, on another note, as this release has almost everything working (the haptic feedback is not as prominent as it is in other releases), why would you want to go back?

There's a thread in Defy General where someone says that after a couple of days with this ROM, they're starting to have problems. Just being cautious.

iaio72

Jul 16, 2009
Rome
I see. I'll try to find that thread, as I have not been experiencing any.

*update* ah, I see. You must be referring to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=934366

Since I am running a clean unmodified version of the UK Froyo release, I suspect this user has made some changes, causing problems.

in this rom/backup i dont delete nothing about original motoblur uk, i just put some apps how wrote in changelog!;)

Top Liked Posts