[APP][2.3+] PassLock 1.5.1

Search This thread

vostdev

Mar 29, 2011
Athens
Since I have a lot of passwords I needed a password manager which will fit my needs. I did not want a manager that keeps my passwords safe on their servers but I want to export my db so I can have a backup! That's why I created PassLock password manager and I release it to the market for everyone.

PassLock keeps your passwords safe using AES-256bit and is free.

- You can group your passwords
- You can change/edit your records and also transfer them to an other group
- You can change your master pass
- You can import/export your database

Anyone that will give it a shot please leave feedback.

Since v1.0 I have changed some things that you can find below.

Changes in v1.5.1

Disabled auto-complete/auto-suggest words in passwords fields.(This might not work for all devices and all android versions.Trying to improve)

Changes in v1.5

-Show/Hide option when you type your master pass
-Lock database only and not exit
-Highly configurable password generator added

Devices Support

Unfortunately google does not release yet any documentation about 2.3.5 and also I can not create an AVD with this version for testing the app.
I have test it on 2.3.3(API 10) which is also has the same API with 2.3.4(API 10). If google changed the API level in 2.3.5 it might not work and I will fix it when released.

As far for the SGS2 I am not sure why is not working for some of you...Maybe it's the rom you are using?!As I can see 15 SGS2 has the app working fine!

For any other devices I have to search more so please post your device with the rom you are using and if it is working or not.

Thanks!

Note: The 3 permissions that required are just for the import/export of the database and for the ads!

Download from here

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2010
Showing as incompatible with my Thunderbolt. Running A05PTh30RY 1.3X which is Android 2.3.5

Last edited:

t3alc

Dec 25, 2009
So why does the app need internet access?

If it's supposed to be a local pw manager i don't see the need for any network access at all, specially not internet.

Jester23

seems to work, but can I access it while on the browser to fill fields or is it strictly a look up your info in this program then go to the browser and enter it manually? (or copy paste)
Would be nice if there was an option to autofill

CHOPS125

Nov 16, 2008
WV
I just installed on my Atrix. Seems to be working okay. I will do some more testing with it later. Seems to work as advertised--good and simple. Thanks for the dev work.

techofweb

Feb 12, 2011
Delhi
www.techofweb.com
The app doesnt work on many phones I think you need to fix it to gain wide popularity.

But anyways Thanks

And after going to my blog, I think you will Thank me also.

See here http://www.techofweb.com/google/android-passwords-manager.html

But again I dint like its non-working on many Android devices.
Hope you will fix it soon.

Attachments

• techofweb-logo.jpg
    techofweb-logo.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: vostdev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I have a lot of passwords I needed a password manager which will fit my needs. I did not want a manager that keeps my passwords safe on their servers but I want to export my db so I can have a backup! That's why I created PassLock password manager and I release it to the market for everyone.

PassLock keeps your passwords safe using AES-256bit and is free.

- You can group your passwords
    - You can change/edit your records and also transfer them to an other group
    - You can change your master pass
    - You can import/export your database

Anyone that will give it a shot please leave feedback.

Since v1.0 I have changed some things that you can find below.

Changes in v1.5.1

Disabled auto-complete/auto-suggest words in passwords fields.(This might not work for all devices and all android versions.Trying to improve)

Changes in v1.5

-Show/Hide option when you type your master pass
    -Lock database only and not exit
    -Highly configurable password generator added

Devices Support

Unfortunately google does not release yet any documentation about 2.3.5 and also I can not create an AVD with this version for testing the app.
    I have test it on 2.3.3(API 10) which is also has the same API with 2.3.4(API 10). If google changed the API level in 2.3.5 it might not work and I will fix it when released.

As far for the SGS2 I am not sure why is not working for some of you...Maybe it's the rom you are using?!As I can see 15 SGS2 has the app working fine!

For any other devices I have to search more so please post your device with the rom you are using and if it is working or not.

Thanks!

Note: The 3 permissions that required are just for the import/export of the database and for the ads!

Download from here
    The app doesnt work on many phones I think you need to fix it to gain wide popularity.

But anyways Thanks

And after going to my blog, I think you will Thank me also.

See here http://www.techofweb.com/google/android-passwords-manager.html

But again I dint like its non-working on many Android devices.
    Hope you will fix it soon.