Wall Charger For 10" Acer Iconia Tab A500 Power adapter

Search This thread

post man

Nov 1, 2011
newyourk
Wall Charger/ Power Adpater For Acer Iconia Tab A500 With 2M Cable

100% Brand New.
This the OEM Wall charger for Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc for house using.
Input: 100~240V -0.65A 50/60Hz Max
Output: 12V 1.5A
Cable length: 2M (6.5feet) Special Design
Compatible with: Acer Iconia Tab A500 tablet pc
US plug version. It needs a plug converter for EU/AU/UK using.
Package Includes:
1 x wall charger for Acer A500
$12.99
http://witglobal.com/goods-3873.html

Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
Thanks. I just ordered one. Shipping is free! But super slow... I'll drop a note when mine gets here and let you know how it fits.

rivera82falcon

Aug 26, 2010
NJ
I want one with a long cord. A lot longer.

Want a longer cable? Get a 22awg cable and either solder or crimp positive negative and ground. I wouldn't go more than 20 feet max personally. And if you solder it make sure the three cables don't touch or it goes boooooooooom!

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Achristocat

Nov 11, 2008
Chargers do not work!!!

100% Brand New.
Package Includes:
$12.99
So far this charger is NOT looking good.

I bought two 110 AC wall chargers and one 12v car charger and received them last night.

Plugged tablet in last night with 42% charge left in it, woke up this morning and tablet was dead.

Fully charged tablet with Acer stock OEM charger.

Used tablet until it was at 78%. Have been trying to charge all morning with one of the chargers with no luck. Now trying the other one to see it just the one is defective...

..but SO FAR, at least one of 'em is looking like a POS...

EDIT: so...BOTH of them fail to charge the unit. Plugged into wall - both of them will make the tablet think it's charging (icon changes to lightning bolt / charging icon) but there is NO POWER being added to battery. Battery will slowly discharge even when plugged into wall with these chargers.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE. I will now attempt to get my money back. I will keep you posted on my success or failure...P>S> Still have yet to test the 12v car adapter but confidence id NOT high...

Last edited:

kpfx

Feb 2, 2009
San Antonio
So far this charger is NOT looking good.

I bought two 110 AC wall chargers and one 12v car charger and received them last night.

Plugged tablet in last night with 42% charge left in it, woke up this morning and tablet was dead.

Fully charged tablet with Acer stock OEM charger.

Used tablet until it was at 78%. Have been trying to charge all morning with one of the chargers with no luck. Now trying the other one to see it just the one is defective...

..but SO FAR, at least one of 'em is looking like a POS...

EDIT: so...BOTH of them fail to charge the unit. Plugged into wall - both of them will make the tablet think it's charging (icon changes to lightning bolt / charging icon) but there is NO POWER being added to battery. Battery will slowly discharge even when plugged into wall with these chargers.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE. I will now attempt to get my money back. I will keep you posted on my success or failure...P>S> Still have yet to test the 12v car adapter but confidence id NOT high...

Do you have a volt meter? I'm curious (and willing to bet) that it's not really providing 1.5A. The fact that it's terminating to a USB cable and the site claims that you can use "other power supplier and Car chargers with USB power delivery" (their spelling) raises a red flag. USB power is usually only 0.5A, and even on the high-end they only push 1A or 1.2A.... not enough for our tablet. My advice is to stick with the OEM chargers (Wal-Mart still has them for $14.95).

I got ripped off with a similar eBay purchase for a USB car charger that specifically said 1.5A.... only to find that my phone was loosing power when plugged in. After checking it out the thing was only pushing 200mA!

Last edited:

taptaptouch

Jul 23, 2010
Kalamazoo
This is definately not oem, id just pony out the extra 3? dollars and buy the real one from walmart, youll probably spend the same on shipping this one

Achristocat

Nov 11, 2008
Modified the OEM charger with a cable from one of these POS!

Tried to contact the distributor to get my money back and SURPRISE...couldn't get a hold of 'em.

The good news is that I ripped out a cord from one of 'em and replaced the cord in my OEM charger and it's working SuperGood. Direct replacement!

...which is good, because the cord in my OEM charger was starting to fray right above the strain relief...They used Very Poor wire in these guys..

Anyway, glad these chargers are good for Something... :)

Achristocat

Nov 11, 2008
Cord Length of the POS.. :)

The cord length is 6'6" long. A nice size...If only they worked...

Like I said in my other post, it made a great replacement cord AFTER I cracked one of these open and stole the cord for my tired OEM charger...

If you are thinking about buying - DON'T!

...unless you just can't find a replacement cable w/plug anywhere else and you are desperate...

They Do Not Work!!!

JdgM3NT4L

Dec 30, 2009
I can confirm that this does not work. But I am thinking about doing the same cord swap that you mentioned so it isn't a total loss for me either. Was worth a try for sure.

pacificwing

Jul 8, 2011
Vancouver
I too can confirm that this charger will not work. I got the exact same model off e-bay and it did supply the correct voltage, but I did not think to check the amperage at the time.

What was interesting is that the tablet reported as charging (the battery icon showed the lightning bolt), but it was actually depleting. This makes me think that it's totally a problem of not enough current.

The package I got included this charger with a car charger, which worked fine after some adjustment. So it wasn't a total loss.

Achristocat

Nov 11, 2008
Changin out the cord...

For those of you thinking about changing out the cord from the POS charger to the OEM charger, I have a few words of advice -

1) The case is glued together. There are no screws. Not under the stickers or under the plug plate. I took a very sharp, sturdy Strong knife and slid it into the seam and stuck it hard ALONG THE SEAM, not into the charger. The charger is PACKED with goodies and can be demolished easily.

2) Get a reading on polarity (center pin is What Color Wire?) BEFORE you unsolder either one. I did, but screwed up, forgot which was which but got lucky when I did my first re-solder of the wires. I did have a 50/50 chance.. :)

3) After soldering the wires into place, hold the unit together and plug it in to your tablet to make sure it works BEFORE gluing the case back together. :) You know...to be sure and save your self some trouble...

4) I ended up hot gluing the case back together in case I need to take it apart again to replace the cord again. It's still sturdy as hell, but can be pryed apart Much more easily (while still being strong!) without destroying it.

5) This is a GREAT mod so far - The plug actually has a slightly longer center pin on it and stays in the socket on the tablet much easier than the stock right angle pin.

Destroy the POSand make it good for something... Good Luck!!!

jbuggydroid

Jul 29, 2010
I have a power cord for the gtab. Some voltage but the amp is 2. Will that still work ok our could that send too much power hurting the battery?

nvm plug too fat

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Last edited:

Magaboo

Jul 22, 2008
Vancouver
In fairness to the seller of this wall charger for the A500, I must tell you that I've received my unit today and plugged it in..........works flawlessly.
Perhaps they have changed their suppliers since last month?
Mag

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me

100% Brand New.
Package Includes:
$12.99

I brought one of Ebay (had pretty much exactly the same wording) and when it came it's only 4FT!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKl7V4XWEMo

ebay1j.png

ebay2.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

100% Brand New.
    Package Includes:
    $12.99
    I have a power cord for the gtab. Some voltage but the amp is 2. Will that still work ok our could that send too much power hurting the battery?

nvm plug too fat

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

You could still do the wire mod like the other guy. What matter is volts, polarity and sufficient amps. In other words, the voltage has to be the same, the polarity has to be the same and the amperage just has to be greater than or equal to....so your 2 amp (or 200 amp!) power supply would work just fine because at the end of the day it's only going to push as much as the connected equipment asks for.

If you think of it in terms of a liquid, voltage is the same as pressure, polarity is flow direction, and amperage is the amount of fluid that can be provided. So while my 4.7L engine has a fuel line that is ~3/8" in diameter and a jet engine has a fuel line that is ~4" in diameter as long as the fuel pressure was the same and I hooked it up to the right place my 4.7L could run off the jet engine fuel line, it would only use as much as it needed though (so flow RATE would be very low). On the other hand, hooking the jet engine up to the 3/8" line would place too much demand on the fuel system and you'd see fuel pressure (voltage) drop way off and probably burn up the fuel pump and the motor wouldn't run.

The down side to using a power supply much much larger (current wise, amps) than design is that it increases the risk of problems if you get a short. The more amps that the power supply can push the greater the disaster will be if things go wrong...you could potentially have an arc welder on your hands and some point (but not in the 2A range...lol)