[HOW TO] change boot logo (not animation)

Search This thread

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
I asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, I then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo I set now.
eating-aple-normal.jpg

here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin Below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

1. create a 540X540 image
2. merge into 1 layer
3. go to the channel mixer (image > adjustments > channel mixer)
4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
5. select the blue channel and change red to 100 and blue to 0
6. hit OK, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
7. save image with .raw extension
8. rename the output file to logo.bin
9. to make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
10. turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose AP fastboot
11. open a command window in the same folder as fastboot and type
Code:
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.bin

it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
Ya so I can't see what the image is. It doesnt show up on my computer or my phone? So what is it an image of?

kojitabe

Feb 15, 2011
Will this method brick my phone if i fail?
Wish someone post the tutorial on youtube,so it will be more clear for me.
Why you don't post this on development forum?
Thanks

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Will this method brick my phone if i fail?
Wish someone post the tutorial on youtube,so it will be more clear for me.
Why you don't post this on development forum?
Thanks

You should be fine even if you screw it up badly, as long as you type the the right fastboot command. don't try to flash this over system or something. even if it does go wrong, your logo would just be bad, and you could flash the default one that is included in all the fxz downloads floating around. this is a very simple tweak, so there is not much risk. worst case, you flash back to stock with the fxz and you are totally normal, but I see no reason that would have to happen. the development forum is more for advanced stuff like rom development

prasannapmv

May 31, 2012
I asked this here yesterday and got some good responces, so thank you, I then figured out how to do it, and was shocked at how easy it was. This is the logo I set now.
eating-aple-normal.jpg

here is the bin file to flash if you like mine: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yye2cnbezuwwxcu/logo.bin Below are the steps to create your own super easily. If anyone does not have photoshop, feel free to pm me your image and i'll do the tweaks so you can flash it.

2. merge into 1 layer
4.select red output channel and change the red value to 0 and the blue value to 100
6. hit OK, note that the colors will look weird now, but will show correctly on the phone
9. to make things easier, move it to the same folder as fastboot so that you will not have to type directory names, or you can type out the whole directory.
10. turn off your phone and turn on while holding both volume buttons, chose AP fastboot
Code:

it will take a second or two, then when it succeeds, reboot to see your new logo!

will this remove Rethink possible logo which comes after dipping M logo.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
no. that is the boot animation. this only gets rid of the boot logo which is the solid m. you can easily change the animation.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

hotboyray

Oct 27, 2010
eating-aple-normal.jpg

2. merge into 1 layer
Code:

, i did the the other steps though
can you explain step 9.. i dont get it

hotboyray

Oct 27, 2010
Well I'm sorry I don't know...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

If you put the file in the same folder as fastboot you can just type in the filename instead of typing out a long path to another folder.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

ok i found the folder, i dont get what to do now... i have my device in fastboot mode... i just dont know what to do now

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Well I'm sorry I don't know...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

ok i found the folder, i dont get what to do now... i have my device in fastboot mode... i just dont know what to do now

You are simply flashing it with fastboot. If you are gonna do this stuff, I would recommend you get familiar with fastboot and working with command line in general.

Anyways, just open a command prompt window in the same folder as fastboot and type fastboot flash logo.bin "name of your image.bin"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    eating-aple-normal.jpg

2. merge into 1 layer
    Code:

Different partitions, this is not meant for that device

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app
    Guys sorry I just cant understand Im a noob..Do we have to create a fastboot folder or is it aldready present?? And do we have to set up adb for this command to work?

I'm not really sure what you are asking. All you are doing is flashing it with fastboot, so if the fastboot executable and the file are in the same place, it is easier, since you don't have to type the whole file path out. And, this only uses fastboot, you shouldn't need adb for anything.
    Hi there,
    I need to know how I can edit my existing bootloader. As u see I have rooted my phone (QMobile noir A10 same as micro max canvas2 A110)
    As I installed some custom rom,cone rom bootloader got struck so I trying to fix it I install another bootloader.zip n well now that is struck n wouldn't remove when I install a new custom rom.
    So any idea how to remove that so the proper logo image comes before the animation logo of the custom rom.

And any idea how to fix my shut down charging battery icon as it is replace by a small weird lcolour line n goes black.

Find the XDA forum that is meant for your specific device. You'll probably find instructions on how to reflash your stock rom.