Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

What is CWM?

ClockworkMod, abbreviated as CWM, is a very famous custom recovery for all the Android phones and also tablets.It is developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush), a well reknown name in the Android dev community. ClockworkMod recovery helps you to perform many advanced recovery, restoration, installation and a good maintenance operations on the Android device that are not possible with stock recovery, and it is one of the most easy ways used to gain root access, back up device data, install custom ROMs, kernels & mods, and more. However, for anyone new to Android customization and hacking, some of its options might be proved to be a highly confusing ones.

Everything should work.

Installation:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Download:
CWM
CWM Touch

Last edited:

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010
will try asap :)

edit: booted fine, backing up as we speak..............

Looks promising, i still prefer TWRP but now we need some new builds to flash, and i don´t care witch one works best ;)

thanks

Last edited:

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
fastboot boot recovery.img does work, flashing it through fastboot does not do anything for me.

Edit: when booted with fastboot boot, flashing supersu was no issue whatsoever, my device is happily rooted now.

Last edited:

a1Pha

fastboot boot recovery.img does work, flashing it through fastboot does not do anything for me.

Edit: when booted with fastboot boot, flashing supersu was no issue whatsoever, my device is happily rooted now.

What happens when you flash it? Any messages on screen? What happens, when you select recovery in bootloader? Are you sure you are selecting with VolUp? Power is not the "enter" key!

ferreinf

Jun 26, 2010
I guess I'm gonna stick with twrp, look at the dif in sizes

Sent from my Moto G

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386690024385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386690024385.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15,777

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
Yeah Vol. UP e select when on bootloader, learn it the "hard" way, lol

That might be the issue - power has been the enter key on any other android device I have used :). I will report back.

Lo and behold, boot to recovery from QuickReboot does work with CWM, so it was the power key thing (probably simply turned the damn thing off).

Doublepranks

Nov 21, 2013
Belem
I can confirm that restoring from backup works like a charm.

Great job buddy ! Now lemme ask... rather beg you something, it's about CWM font size, please make it bigger, please!
I got this birth eyesight disease which usually isn't that much of a big deal but in this particular case the words are so small that i can barely read them! Please make it bigger or teach me how to do it myself!

a1Pha

Great job buddy ! Now lemme ask... rather beg you something, it's about CWM font size, please make it bigger, please!
I got this birth eyesight disease which usually isn't that much of a big deal but in this particular case the words are so small that i can barely read them! Please make it bigger or teach me how to do it myself!

I will have a look at how CWM manages fonts and increase font size when I find it :)

Reactions: Doublepranks

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
'Wipe cache partition' working fine on RETAIL-GB_4.3_14.10.0Q3.X-76-LGG-8_cid7_CFC_1FF.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is CWM?

ClockworkMod, abbreviated as CWM, is a very famous custom recovery for all the Android phones and also tablets.It is developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush), a well reknown name in the Android dev community. ClockworkMod recovery helps you to perform many advanced recovery, restoration, installation and a good maintenance operations on the Android device that are not possible with stock recovery, and it is one of the most easy ways used to gain root access, back up device data, install custom ROMs, kernels & mods, and more. However, for anyone new to Android customization and hacking, some of its options might be proved to be a highly confusing ones.

Everything should work.

Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Download:
    CWM
    CWM Touch
    Updated cwm 6.0.4.6 built with kernel based in kk source released yesterday. Works fine with 4.4 bootloader http://androidhosting.org/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoG/CWM6046-MotoG44.img

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk
    There is a fix for 4.4 bootloaders, expect an updated build within the next two days :)

//EDIT: Shame on me, shouldn't have promised without intense testing and post stuff when tired. We'll have to stay at 4.3 bootloaders for now.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
    But I also think that a1Pha has stopped developing his own project. No one knows why? We are thankful for the great work. But life goes on.

Excuse my asking, but are you completely insane? It's been three days since my last post. I didn't throw my phone into a river or so - I will need a working CWM in future, too. So yes, I will continue working on it. But I also have my job, my girlfriend, a family and so on. And I moved to a new city 4 weeks ago.
    The sources for Moto G are open, feel free to contribute.

My BoardConfig.mk:

Code:
    USE_CAMERA_STUB := true

# inherit from the proprietary version
    -include vendor/motorola/xt1032/BoardConfigVendor.mk

TARGET_ARCH := arm
    TARGET_NO_BOOTLOADER := true
    TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := msm8960
    TARGET_CPU_VARIANT := cortex-a7
    TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
    TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a-neon
    ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER := true

TARGET_BOOTLOADER_BOARD_NAME := xt1032

BOARD_KERNEL_CMDLINE := console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.console=ttyHSL0 androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x37 vmalloc=400M utags.blkdev=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/utags
    BOARD_KERNEL_BASE := 0x00000000
    BOARD_MKBOOTIMG_ARGS := --ramdisk_offset 0x02000000
    BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
    BOARD_KERNEL_PAGESIZE := 2048

# fix this up by examining /proc/mtd on a running device
    BOARD_BOOTIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 10485760
    BOARD_RECOVERYIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 10485760
    BOARD_SYSTEMIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 1023410176
    BOARD_USERDATAIMAGE_PARTITION_SIZE := 5930614784
    BOARD_FLASH_BLOCK_SIZE := 131072
    TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL := device/motorola/xt1032/zImage-dtb
    # TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := zanooda_defconfig

BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON := true
    BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true
    DEVICE_RESOLUTION := 720x1280
    RECOVERY_GRAPHICS_USE_LINELENGTH := true
    TW_FLASH_FROM_STORAGE := true
    HAVE_SELINUX := true
    RECOVERY_SDCARD_ON_DATA := true
    BOARD_HAS_NO_REAL_SDCARD := true
    TW_NEVER_UNMOUNT_SYSTEM := true
    TW_ALWAYS_RMRF := true
    TARGET_USERIMAGES_USE_EXT4 := true
    # TW_BRIGHTNESS_PATH := /sys/devices/fd900000.qcom,mdss_mdp/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.144/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness

My recovery.fstab:

Code:
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot             /boot           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache            /cache          ext4    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered                     wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc             /misc           emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery /recovery       emmc    defaults                                                        defaults
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data           f2fs    noatime,nosuid,nodev,barrier=1,data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc     wait,check
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system           /system         ext4    ro,barrier=1                                                    wait
    /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem            /modem          ext4    defaults                                                        defaults

How on earth can you say that?? :confused:

After 3 days??

You have the patience of a gnat, honestly!! No offence.....:)

Thank you.
    @a1Pha Will there ever be a new release of CWM? Just asking, seems the development has stopped?

Be a bit more patient please, how has development stopped , its been like two days ?, devs are people with lives as well .

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk