I9505 Unlocked email app issue

Search This thread

mmuntean2

Aug 20, 2010
Timisoara
Hello,
I am having problems with the stock Email application and the outlook.com MS exchange active sync connection.
All is working well: contacts sync, tasks, calendar, push email but the sending of emails is the issue.
When I try to send an email a small popup message appears: Retrieving account information... and nothing happens.
I have tried some 3rdparty apps to check if there is something wrong in my outlook.com account and nothing is wrong.
I would like to use the stock email app but sending email seems to be having issues.
I have tried clearing the data of the Email app, deleting/adding the MS Exchange account again but the issue persists.
Phone is on Android 4.3, non-rooted.

copytec

Jul 5, 2011
Having the same exact problem and have not found any answer and yet I can add the account to my s2 and my wife's note 2 and it works fine but not on my s4. Workaround for now is to use the outlook.com app.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Also preformed a hard reset but it did not fix the problem.

Last edited:

mmuntean2

Aug 20, 2010
Timisoara
RE:

I have solved this issue very easily
1. Clear Data of stock Samsung Email App and disable notifications for it
2. Clear data for Exchange Service and disable notifications for it.
For 1. and 2. go to Application Manager->ALL

3. Remove account microsoft exchange.... from Accounts
4. Install stock Android 4.4 email apk (attached)
5. Install Exchange Service apk for the stock Android 4.4 email app (attached)
6. Open stock Android Email app (not Samsung one) and create new account as Exchange

Details for outlook.com exchange server:
username: youradress@outlook.com
server: dub-m.hotmail.com
port: 443 (default)
Security type: SSL/TLS
Configure then push settings, signature etc.

Reactions: perknite

mmuntean2

Aug 20, 2010
Timisoara
RE:

There is no need to root for this to work.
The only bad thing is that when you create a new contact you will not get the option to add it to exchange server connection created by this method.
Also this stock email app does not have (or I could not find it) the option to select all mail, empty trash.

copytec

Jul 5, 2011
Really sucks that you cannot add contacts to exchange ./.. Its really not a fix, just another workaround for the stock Samsung email exchange does not work and I would suggest sending an email to Samsung Customer support outlining the problem as it seem that there may be a few of us experiencing the " Retrieving account information" error upon sending an email. Outlook App on play store allows adding contacts but it is a rather poor lay out.

mmuntean2

Aug 20, 2010
Timisoara
RE:

I've talked with Samsung. After doing some Clear Data thing as suggested by the chat operator I've told them that it's still not working and repeated almost 4 times that on 3rd party applications everything is ok, but the ***** from the chat answered to contact the email provider and hanged the conversation.

Great CS from Samsung....

copytec

Jul 5, 2011
I had the same response from Samsung. Need more people to let samsung know about the problem

a_ok2me

Apr 17, 2008
I just updated to Android 4.3 and now have this problem

I think there is something wrong with how the stock email app handles certificates. As I was trying to reset my email I get a certificate error. I've done a factory reset and it still doesn't fix the problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.png
    Screenshot1.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot2.png
    Screenshot2.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

copytec

Jul 5, 2011
Stock Email Client Is Now Working

Updated to XXUEML9 via Odin and my stock email is now working fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RE:

I have solved this issue very easily
    1. Clear Data of stock Samsung Email App and disable notifications for it
    2. Clear data for Exchange Service and disable notifications for it.
    For 1. and 2. go to Application Manager->ALL

3. Remove account microsoft exchange.... from Accounts
    4. Install stock Android 4.4 email apk (attached)
    5. Install Exchange Service apk for the stock Android 4.4 email app (attached)
    6. Open stock Android Email app (not Samsung one) and create new account as Exchange

Details for outlook.com exchange server:
    username: youradress@outlook.com
    server: dub-m.hotmail.com
    port: 443 (default)
    Security type: SSL/TLS
    Configure then push settings, signature etc.