Switching to new Android Phone

Search This thread

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
Hello,

I have been using Android for over the last 4+ years! I have owned the myTouch 4G for over 3 years now, and have rooted the phone, as it is currently running CM7.2. I used the myTouch 4G as my daily driver, as I didn't want to have a laggy or glitched up phone.

Ultimately, I feel that it has been a a pretty long time since I looked into the latest Android phones out there, and am now looking to upgrade my phone to something faster, and more up to date technology wise, and of course, I am tired of running ginger bread.

As a college student, I ultimately want a fast, stable phone. I do not have the luxury of buying a $500 cell phone every few months, and so I have a strict budget of $150.

I feel like this price range makes it tough to find such a great phone, though, I did find the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G on amazon for $139.95 (http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...Mobile/dp/B007URA092/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top)

What are your opinions on this particular phone? is it a major upgrade to my current myTouch 4G?

What other phones do you guys have in mind that suits my price range and needs?

Thanks!

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Last edited:

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle
dang, you beat me too it! yeah the moto g is highly recommended, the specs are incredible for such a low price, they are practically giving it away.

My only downfall is that it has no MicroSD card to the phone, which is a disappointment... as I have a 32 GB Micro SD card on my current phone. Any other alternatives? I am also on T-Mobile if that helps.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
yikes t-mobile is not the carrier to be with unless your happy with your current phone since they got rid of two year contracts, if you dont want to pay extra a few extra dollars for 24 months, i would just try to find something on ebay or swappa.

darkgiant

Dec 3, 2012
Seattle

Those phones on the list make me feel like the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G is a better phone... I think that is my only option at this point.

Believe me, that Moto G for sure is a beautiful and fantastic phone (I have seen it work) but I really don't believe in syncing absolutely all my data to the cloud (nor do I want to drain my battery life with 4G processing/Wi-Fi). I still wouldn't mind having that 32GB+ of physical storage, as I have other things to worry about instead than memory.