[Q] Phone stuck on boot loop

Search This thread

rsercano

Apr 1, 2014
Hi,
my phone stuck on boot loop, as i mentioned at the title. I mean it comes to HTC screen and then black screen and then again HTC screen. It happened when i try to move com.htc package to sd-card, i was trying to open some more place for my internal storage :( ( i didn't know that can happen.)

how can i fix this ? can you please help me thanks !:crying:

Last edited:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
Unfortunately you tried to move an important system component (didn't even know it would let you).

In future, if you don't know what it is, you should research it first. If you can't find anything, don't touch it ;)

To get it back, you will likely have to run an RUU, but you will lose everything except stuff on your sd card.

Find bortak's troubleshooting guide at the top of Q&A, find the bit on RUU, find and flash the 2.3.3. GB RUU.

In future, if you really want to make more space on the Desire, the only proper way is to research how to S-OFF, root and partition your sd card.

Reactions: rsercano

apache04

Jun 19, 2013
Do you have a Nandroid? You must take nandroid backup using CWM before going fishy with /system
Else try factory reset using stock recovery
To free system space, instead of moving important files, use Link2SD for moving apps to SD partition
I'm here to Help

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rsercano

Apr 1, 2014
thanks, i will try

I'm appreciated for your helps, i'm now at work, when i go home i 'll try your suggestion that installing RUU.

I don't have a nandroid and don't know what it is. :( And i tried all choices on HBOOT none of them worked ! :(

rsercano

Apr 1, 2014
And one more question my usb driver looks like broken when i connect computer my phone and go into HBOOT, it says "USB Device not recognized" but i can plug my sd card to my laptop, can i run RUU and flash proccess by my sd card and how ? :confused:

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London
And one more question my usb driver looks like broken when i connect computer my phone and go into HBOOT, it says "USB Device not recognized" but i can plug my sd card to my laptop, can i run RUU and flash proccess by my sd card and how ? :confused:

In the same troubleshooting guide there should be a section on how to extract the ROM.zip from the RUU

Then you rename it to PB99IMG.zip exactly, put it on the root of the sd card (not in any folder), and run it from the sdcard without cable.

Alternatively, if you search directly for the 2.3.3. RUU as PB99IMG.zip is should be available.

Reactions: rsercano

rsercano

Apr 1, 2014
In the same troubleshooting guide there should be a section on how to extract the ROM.zip from the RUU

Then you rename it to PB99IMG.zip exactly, put it on the root of the sd card (not in any folder), and run it from the sdcard without cable.

Alternatively, if you search directly for the 2.3.3. RUU as PB99IMG.zip is should be available.

YOU ARE AWESOME ! BUT :( my phone now works i opened it, but can't use my Vodafone TR line, it says NO SIM CARD What should i do now ? :(

EDIT: I MADE IT WORK BY REBOOTING, Thanks a lot again !!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately you tried to move an important system component (didn't even know it would let you).

In future, if you don't know what it is, you should research it first. If you can't find anything, don't touch it ;)

To get it back, you will likely have to run an RUU, but you will lose everything except stuff on your sd card.

Find bortak's troubleshooting guide at the top of Q&A, find the bit on RUU, find and flash the 2.3.3. GB RUU.

In future, if you really want to make more space on the Desire, the only proper way is to research how to S-OFF, root and partition your sd card.