[Q] S3 I9305 won't boot in custom recovery

Search This thread

ggmm2013123

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have s3 GT-I9305, android version 4.1.2, baseband version I9305XXBLL5. Australian model for Optus.

I successfully rooted and installed Philz_Touch_6.19.3 _ After that I could do Nandroid online backup and confirm it is rooted.
When I tried to flash custom ROM today - I found I can't boot in CWM/Philz recovery mode. Then I tried to different version of Philz/CWM and TWRP but none worked. It keeps booting in stock recovery mode- I get message as shown in attached image.

PS: I have USB diagnosis checked but haven't unlocked boot loader?

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 44

ggmm2013123

Apr 3, 2014
to be specific: my phone works fine - boots fine - It is just I want to load custom rom and it won't go to custom recovery and I can't load custom ROM.
Thanks.

ggmm2013123

Apr 3, 2014
HELP!

can anyone please help me out here!

I kept searching and found some solution but none worked.

I used triangle away. - didn't work
Installed custom recovery without checking auto reset and started after pulling battery out. - didn't work

It still boot in odin mode and I can't go to custom recovery

Aphirodite

Jan 23, 2013
i have the same problem too when i got my phone flashed 3rd recovery last year,
the stock recovery can automaticly restore itself after reboot~
but i found the solution here in xda,just flash a zip to unlock the self-protection of the stock recovery~
i will tell you the link and the attachment several hours later after my work,if you cannt wait, you can search it here,maybe you can find it yourself.
:D
Sent from my GT-I9305

ggmm2013123

Apr 3, 2014
i have the same problem too when i got my phone flashed 3rd recovery last year,
the stock recovery can automaticly restore itself after reboot~
but i found the solution here in xda,just flash a zip to unlock the self-protection of the stock recovery~
i will tell you the link and the attachment several hours later after my work,if you cannt wait, you can search it here,maybe you can find it yourself.
:D
Sent from my GT-I9305

I had a quick search but couldn't find it. Will greatly appreciate if you can post link.
Thanks

ggmm2013123

Apr 3, 2014
Done

Thanks guys.

Above solution didn't work for me but I got it working through rom manager App. I reboot to recovery through ROM Manager and it worked.

How ever After I installed Pacman rom, I couldn't use App as there were no Gapps and wouldn't boot to recovery. The workaround here was to press home, volume up and lock button simultaneously and release it after few second and it will go to custom recovery.
In the end, I am on Pacman Nightly 06/04/2014 with Philz touch recovery.