[CM9][CM10]Android 4.2 Keyboard Official

Search This thread

iDelta

Jul 28, 2012
Singapore
My keyboard keeps force closing so much that.... It doesn't even show up in the choice of keyboards

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy W (GT-I8150) with CM9 RC 5

AdliHebat

Apr 27, 2011
If you install this in /system/app to replace default keyboard, you need to extract lib/armeabi-v7a/libjni_latinimegoogle.so from the apk into /system/lib too.
That will address force close.

gtabr1

Jan 2, 2013
Brasíia
Thanks bro!! Excellent keyboard! Already using the swype, very useful for one hand situations like Subway.
Very simple to install :)
Cant thank now:(

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

realestrob13

Apr 22, 2014
My tablets keyboard keeps doing the same force closing thing it is so stressful im like losing it and so much wasted time trying to type the smallest word,if u could help i wouls really appreciate it

Thanks Rob

Sent from my TY_GT90H using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes indeed, this is the official link here to the Android 4.2 keyboard here. I can confirm that it works flawlessly on my CM10 by camcory. This keyboard is AWESOME!!!

ok guys, here we go again ;) this time its the Android 4.2 keyboard w/ gesture typing (pulled from Nexus 4, so YES its official)

Prerequisites: Must be running 4.0+

1. download the apk and place it on your sd card
    2. use your favorite file explorer and tap the apk (make sure you have "install from unknown sources" enabled in your phone settings)
    3. go into your phone's keyboard settings and enable "Android keyboard"
    4. enjoy!
    or if you can't install it, try push to /system/app and correct the permission.

get the apk here http://d-h.st/XuS

source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-2-keyboard-with-gesture-typing-right-now/
    Edit:
    I've got it!
    Click keyboard icon in left corner, and change method input to another one android keyboard (US) :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
    Are you got force close ? I get force close . I try too replace the original keyboard with this one, and fix permission, then reboot. how do you instal it ?

Just put in my SD Card, tap and install. So far I've never got force close

I'm so excited, this keyboard support emojis for messaging (SMS), included already in apk installer. :cool:
    And I noticed in original CM9 keyboard doesn't support emojis yet for SMS

how? I even didn't know that :silly:
    how? I even didn't know that :silly:

hehe, this morning when I type text messages and tap option, actually i wanna insert smiley in my text, but I saw "insert emojis" line below insert smiley line.
    and I compared with my girlfriend who's using CM9 too (same device) and i didn't saw that lines in her messages option :)