[Q] Can't seem to successfully flash any Rom's

Search This thread

Radiohead84

Jan 18, 2014
Hey guys. A few months ago a brought this issue up on another site and I think I only got one response. I ended up getting lazy with it and too frustrated to worry about it, so I gave up. Well, I'm finally ready to try and resolve it again so I wanted to see if anyone here could help me before I screw something up and brick my device lol. I have a Retail Verizon HTC One (M7) that was purchased about 3 months ago. After I bought it, I Rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, installed TWRP, all that good stuff. Everything, from what I can remember, went smoothly when doing all those things. Well, I finally at one point, decided to test out a Rom and have not been able to successfully install one yet and I have no idea why. I have tried a few and TWRP always returns a "Failed". The most recent one I tried was the ViperOne 6.2.0 (May 11). The only exception for that one, was that the aroma installer actually did say "Successful" but when I booted up I was stuck in a boot loop. I'm sure I've done something along the way that has screwed something up but I have no clue what that would have been. I'm attaching a few pictures with some info on my current setup, in hopes that something might catch someone's eye and offer a solution. Thanks a head of time for any help guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-41.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-30-18-16-51.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20140530_235716551_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140530_235716551_HDR.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20140530_234108432.jpg
    IMG_20140530_234108432.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20140531_240020905.jpg
    IMG_20140531_240020905.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 39

carm01

Jun 17, 2011
Ohio - land of the boring
Hey guys. A few months ago a brought this issue up on another site and I think I only got one response. I ended up getting lazy with it and too frustrated to worry about it, so I gave up. Well, I'm finally ready to try and resolve it again so I wanted to see if anyone here could help me before I screw something up and brick my device lol. I have a Retail Verizon HTC One (M7) that was purchased about 3 months ago. After I bought it, I Rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, installed TWRP, all that good stuff. Everything, from what I can remember, went smoothly when doing all those things. Well, I finally at one point, decided to test out a Rom and have not been able to successfully install one yet and I have no idea why. I have tried a few and TWRP always returns a "Failed". The most recent one I tried was the ViperOne 6.2.0 (May 11). The only exception for that one, was that the aroma installer actually did say "Successful" but when I booted up I was stuck in a boot loop. I'm sure I've done something along the way that has screwed something up but I have no clue what that would have been. I'm attaching a few pictures with some info on my current setup, in hopes that something might catch someone's eye and offer a solution. Thanks a head of time for any help guys.

How about try a different recovery?

durgis

Feb 12, 2010

You have the m7wlv recovery installed. Flash the current m7vzw and you should be good to go.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Radiohead84

Jan 18, 2014
Ok, thank you both. Trying that now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yep that did it! Wow...I feel like an idiot. Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Radiohead84

Jan 18, 2014
So what exactly did you do that worked?
Can you provide the recovery that worked for you ?

Last night I just ended up flashing this RUU which worked: http://tinyurl.com/l3j7rhk
Then, after reading the solution offered here, I noticed on that same thread a link to TWRP 2.7.0.8 Decided to flash that and I am now able to successfully flash Rom's again. I tried two separate ones just to be sure. ViperOne and Cyanogen. Everything seems to be working as it should now.

mskumar.87

Jun 2, 2014
did you installed kit kat ?

Last night I just ended up flashing this RUU which worked: http://tinyurl.com/l3j7rhk
Then, after reading the solution offered here, I noticed on that same thread a link to TWRP 2.7.0.8 Decided to flash that and I am now able to successfully flash Rom's again. I tried two separate ones just to be sure. ViperOne and Cyanogen. Everything seems to be working as it should now.

Hi

Mine Unlocked HTC One (Verizon) brought in US retail store. Now am using my GSM sim everything going well..

Can i install this custom ROM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...mctr=(not provided)&__utmv=-&__utmk=230836252