[Q] Please help!!!

Search This thread

binsuthomas

Sep 13, 2012
Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

Model:- i9100

Please help.. you guys are the only ones who can help

Jokesy

May 31, 2011
Lagos
Hi Guys!!,

I have an S2 and sadly while doing an update through ODIN, it was interrupted in between and got "ODIN FAIL " message. After that, I tried doing a hard reset, soft reset and even connecting my phone to different computers but somehow there seems to be no life in the phone. Good news is, I know there is nothing wrong with the hardware(as i got it checked by a technician). I just want to know how to start the phone, just to see the symbol, so that i can have it reflashed.Battery has also been completly charged , yet no change

1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

2. Samsung service repair (free if your device is still under warranty)

Reactions: binsuthomas

binsuthomas

Sep 13, 2012
1. Is there any sign of life at all in the phone? Can the phone light up at all?

2. Remove the battery for few minutes ( up to 10mins), the try again if there is sign of life)

If after trying 1 and 2, there is still no sign of life in your phone, then you can simply conclude that Your bootloader has probably been messed up, and therefore your device is hardbricked!

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair

Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. Sadly, in the middle east, Service centers are not that great and my hone is not under warranty as it got expired on 30/08/2012.

I have a feeling that you are right about the boot loader being messed up.. so how do i get it working??? I mean what is JTAG? Thats something i havent come across

Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.

Reactions: binsuthomas

binsuthomas

Sep 13, 2012
Have you tried a USB Jig? If you can get into download mode with it you can flash a new firmware through odin, and if not then Jtag probably the only thing that would help.

No i havent tried USB Jig or JTAG.. And its not available here in Bahrain.. So there is no actual way of fixing this apart from these 2 options??

Man... Im so screwed..

iiiadoableiii

Mar 8, 2011
Mumbai
Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

binsuthomas

Sep 13, 2012
Have you tried removing the battery for a while (10 minutes) and then reinserting n charging via wall charger (not via computer's USB)?

If yes, what happened?

like i said earlier... done all the basic checks... no life what so ever, do mention something else other than the ones i have originally posted

iiiadoableiii

Mar 8, 2011
Mumbai
If that's the case, then i am really sorry mate.. U can order a USB jig / jtag from Ebay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys!!,

Solution 1:

1. JTAG repair