"there is a problem parsing the package"

Search This thread

sebastienbo

Jul 21, 2010
Guys,

I'm so angry , I just rooted the nook glowlight and am unable to install any apk files.

I'm always getting "there is a problem parsing the package", whatever I found on the internet :crying:

Is there no file explorer by default on it ? And why this parse error ?

And most websites just crash, grrr

Anyone, anyone please anyone : HELP MEEEE

roustabout

Feb 12, 2011
Also, is installation of apps from unknown sources enabled in nook color tools? Most (all?) of the NST rooting packages include it, but you do have to set the flag to get packages found via the internet (rather than the google store) and copied to the device to install.

Reactions: 7musicman6

glowco

Oct 8, 2010
NJ
I get that error sometimes when downloading .apk files from some sites. Your browser might not be downloading the file with the correct filetype suffix. Can you see if it has the .apk suffix on it? I've found that some browsers do better than others with handling this file-type. If you can get xScope browser or Opera Mobile I think those were better. It's also possible that a retry of the download will work, or that the file itself is just bad.

xd4d3v

Jun 18, 2009
I get the same error on my nook simple touch.
the same apk's work on my galaxy nexus.

Anyone knows what might be the problem and how to solve it?

bobstro

Jun 6, 2009
I get the same error on my nook simple touch.
the same apk's work on my galaxy nexus.

Anyone knows what might be the problem and how to solve it?
Are you sure these apks are compatible with Android 2.1 Eclair? Not everything will work. Which programs are you trying to install specifically?

jaybhatia999

Dec 25, 2012
Mumbai
I haven't thought of that. but you're probably right.
I'm surprised the error message is not more obvious though.

guys
I've got motorola xt800 (milestone/ glam)
I am getting the same error " parsing error "

There is a problem parsing the package

its on Android 2.1 eclair

and its not rooted

what should i do ?

pls reply

I cant even access market ... cant download any apk files

Reactions: jamespoo

osowiecki

Feb 21, 2012
Poznań
guys

and its not rooted

what should i do ?

pls reply

Wrong forum.

Try installing any other package with requirements : 2.1+

In Settings check "Allow Installation of Non-Market Apps" .
Install apk from SDCARD.
I'm 90% sure you are just trying to install a package not compatible with A 2.1.

Last edited:

steve6770

Dec 15, 2012
Wrong forum.

Try installing any other package with requirements : 2.1+

In Settings check "Allow Installation of Non-Market Apps" .
Install apk from SDCARD.
I'm 90% sure you are just trying to install a package not compatible with A 2.1.

A logcat will tell you exactly what the problem is.
Use ADB and get a logcat.

I have a similar problem...

new to rooting and romming, finaly!!!! got my ms770 lg motion back to stock and I too am getting the error " there is a problem parsing the package".

I noticed that if I download an app, it installs fine, no problem...but when I transfer from my pc, it shows up with that error message when I try to install.

I have read a LOT of these forums , trying to determine how to solve this riddle...they all say try THIS file manager, or, make sure installation of non-market apps is checked, or some such thing...

Well, the "allow installation of non-market apps" thing IS checked...still no dice...

What do I do with the log once I get it?

Basically....can someone please point me in the right direction? Please?

anish.2010

Jan 3, 2012
Guys,

I'm so angry , I just rooted the nook glowlight and am unable to install any apk files.

I'm always getting "there is a problem parsing the package", whatever I found on the internet :crying:

Is there no file explorer by default on it ? And why this parse error ?

And most websites just crash, grrr

Anyone, anyone please anyone : HELP MEEEE

hey juz check if ur sd is protected with password or something. and its the reason y its showing... if sd is protected under developer options & phone is rooted it occurs. check that out n try and tht prob will be solved..it worked for me. check that out n reply.

N

NOOK!E

hey juz check if ur sd is protected with password or something. and its the reason y its showing... if sd is protected under developer options & phone is rooted it occurs. check that out n try and tht prob will be solved..it worked for me. check that out n reply.

This thread is almost a year old, therefore it is considered "dormant" or even "dead". Please refrain from posting in old threads.

Thanks. :D

ketpar007

Jun 2, 2015
I solved it.

In my phone These Error was occur twice a week. I found Best solution of "There is a problem parsing the package". For you I share this Link you can solve it by this link: youtu.be/njwRDPtfe_k :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also, is installation of apps from unknown sources enabled in nook color tools? Most (all?) of the NST rooting packages include it, but you do have to set the flag to get packages found via the internet (rather than the google store) and copied to the device to install.
    I haven't thought of that. but you're probably right.
    I'm surprised the error message is not more obvious though.

guys

and its not rooted

what should i do ?

pls reply