[Q] Too much battery drain from xposed..

Search This thread

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
So I got the closed framework and downloaded gravity box, knock code, and app ops. While the phone was fully charged and on standby it turned from 100 to 75% in a couple hours on standby. And while using thenphone there was too much battery drain. Does anyone know from which this happens (I think GB) but please share.

PS. Before applying I would get 20h+ of battery on low to medium usage.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Doesn't knock code need the digitiser to be powered up even when the screen is off?

Try disabling each module one by one until they are all disabled to see what happens.

Please do not post questions in general. Post them in Q&A. You put a [Q] in your thread title so you should know where this thread belongs

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
Doesn't knock code need the digitiser to be powered up even when the screen is off?

Try disabling each module one by one until they are all disabled to see what happens.

Please do not post questions in general. Post them in Q&A. You put a [Q] in your thread title so you should know where this thread belongs

Ya now I disabled them all and please move the thread it should be in Q&A

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Ubichinon

Nov 17, 2012
The Knock Code drains your battery. It requires the digitizer to be constantly on, thus the drain.

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
The Knock Code drains your battery. It requires the digitizer to be constantly on, thus the drain.

But why? It only works when u turn on the screen.. also I turned them all of and still had some drain so I'm thinking bit was the wallpaper..

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Battery drain rates are very dependent on usage patterns and sometimes the most insignificant settings changes can lead to well hidden sources of current consumption.
So my advise is to try to remember if you made any changes in your applications or usage patterns right before or after starting to use Xposed, as your answer my lie there.
Also try to identify if the high drain occurs from Xposed itself or one of the modules, by deactivating and/or uninstalling modules and Xposed. Please be very careful that usage patterns might easily tip your conclusions off.
To somehow prove what I'm saying here, I've noticed that on a high usage day, my N5 can last as low as only 8-10 hours on a charge, while on a low usage day, after 12 hours since unplugging, it still has at least 80% of the original charge.
Have a nice day!

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
I guess it is on the LG G3, but on that device it can also be used when the screen is on, as a lock screen method, which is what the module emulates.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Its fine that its only while the screen is on and its pretty cool actually.

I think I found the problem and that's its from xposed itself....after I uninstalled the framework I THINK that there is less drain...

Can everyone share their version of xpised and what modules they're running and how is the battery usage...?

Thanks

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Its fine that its only while the screen is on and its pretty cool actually.

I think I found the problem and that's its from xposed itself....after I uninstalled the framework I THINK that there is less drain...

Can everyone share their version of xpised and what modules they're running and how is the battery usage...?

Thanks

Latest Version > 18+ modules > Battery life unaffected

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
Really, the user experience with Xposed varies from one user to another xD

Sent from my Nexus 5

To a limit...as having so much drain using three known modules is very starnge. I lost 35% on a couple hours if total standby. So there is something wrong.

nabil alami

Apr 29, 2011
Thats just the installer app. It does nothing except intall teh frameowrk, but yes that is the latest app. go to "downloads" tab and it will show you it is up to date.

What's the difference between the classical installation and the normal installation!