Galaxy Nexus White Housing

Search This thread

plasticdarlow

Aug 31, 2010
I got the camera face plate from the original housing. Its a pretty straight forward change all you do is you lift the metal tabs and pull it off. If you plan on doing it you'll see exactly what I mean.

Where did you get the Philips screwdriver required to take out the screws? I bought a Philips #0, still to big.

Thanks,

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
I was taking a look at the picture shots of the interior of the housings and I noticed that both white and grey housings have water damage sticker shields.

Does the white housing sold by rb-sale-s on ebay come with water stickers? Aka you don't have to pull the old ones out to stick them onto the new housing?

Thanks

Why would you want to do that? If you do damage the phone and have to warranty it they will most likely care about the housing being replaced and not the lack of a water damage indicator sticker.

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Why would you want to do that? If you do damage the phone and have to warranty it they will most likely care about the housing being replaced and not the lack of a water damage indicator sticker.

You do realize that the lack of water damage indicators implies that you fiddled with your phone and, therefore, voided your warranty, right?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
You do realize that the lack of water damage indicators implies that you fiddled with your phone and, therefore, voided your warranty, right?

why would you remove the water indicator sticker from the grey shell to the white shell, when you return the phone for repair, the serial number and imei number registered will inform the service center the colour of the unit, and a switch for grey to white means waranty voided.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia

Really???

I'm pretty sure that the white housing is a dead giveaway...

They will know what you did and at that point the least of their concerns will be the moisture indicator.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

why would you remove the water indicator sticker from the grey shell to the white shell, when you return the phone for repair, the serial number and imei number registered will inform the service center the colour of the unit, and a switch for grey to white means waranty voided.

Exactamundo!

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
how is everyone getting these white housing from ebay.co.uk/ebay.de?

I can't even login with my ebay.ca account or ebay.com account :(

Any suggestions?

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Really???

I'm pretty sure that the white housing is a dead giveaway...

They will know what you did and at that point the least of their concerns will be the moisture indicator.

The white housing would be a giveaway if i was interested in buying that from rb-sale-s.

I am interested in buying the titanium one because mine has been scratched. Seing MOST of the people here bought from this specific seller from ebay, and since in the photos it seemed like it it did have water indicators, i thought i'd ask.

I really don't understand why i have to explain myself for a simple question like that. It's a yes or no answer, if you know it, please share it with me, else don't bother.

Last edited:

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
nevermind I got it...but HOLY CRAP it's at like 70EUR now...I'm thinking of just getting the back housing first and trying to find a place with the white battery cover...

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
I am interested in buying the titanium one

I really don't understand why i have to explain myself for a simple question like that. It's a yes or no answer, if you know it, please share it with me, else don't bother.

Dude, you wrote: "Does the white housing sold by rb-sale-s on ebay come with water stickers?"

That is what prompted all of this. Don't be upset with me because you asked the wrong question.

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Dude, you wrote: "Does the white housing sold by rb-sale-s on ebay come with water stickers?"

That is what prompted all of this. Don't be upset with me because you asked the wrong question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sa...e_Werkzeuge&hash=item3cc52f6b7e#ht_2176wt_964

The seller also sells titanium ones. Coming to this thread, where most people buy white housings from this specific seller i was interested in buying from, what was i supposed to ask?

"Does the titanium housing come with water damage stickers?"

I'd have gotten an even larger list of complaints for my question then.

IF the white housing comes with water damage stickers, chances are the titanium one I'm interested in also comes with water damage stickers. I sent a question to the seller on ebay but he probably doesn't speak English so I have gotten no reply. So I thought i'd ask here. Simple as. Anyway, let's put an end to this.

If someone could verify if the white housings come with water damage shields, I'd appreciate the confirmation.

TEK112

Aug 18, 2010
Philadelphia
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Sa...e_Werkzeuge&hash=item3cc52f6b7e#ht_2176wt_964

The seller also sells titanium ones. Coming to this thread, where most people buy white housings from this specific seller i was interested in buying from, what was i supposed to ask?

"Does the titanium housing come with water damage stickers?"

I'd have gotten an even larger list of complaints for my question then.

IF the white housing comes with water damage stickers, chances are the titanium one I'm interested in also comes with water damage stickers. I sent a question to the seller on ebay but he probably doesn't speak English so I have gotten no reply. So I thought i'd ask here. Simple as. Anyway, let's put an end to this.

If someone could verify if the white housings come with water damage shields, I'd appreciate the confirmation.

You could always use Google Translate:

Does the galaxy nexus shell have a water damage sticker?

Hat die Galaxie Nexus Schale haben einen Wasserschaden Plakette?

I have used it in the past for orders with China. The translation is rough, but they should get the general idea of what you are asking.

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Guys, something important.

So I called the Samsung Service Center i usually take my phone to in order to ask for the prices for the white housing. The pricing is as follows:

16.48 Euros for the back cover
6.73 Euros for the battery cover
Total 23.21 Euros (=30.5 USD).

You can buy these yourself, or pay a 27 Euro fee for it to be installed.

I just wanted to let you know about this, seeing as you guys pay 90+USD on rb-sale-s for the cover. Why not buy it from the service center itself? It's a third of the price. Please call your service center before buying from online stores, turns out it's cheaper for me.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Guys, something important.

So I called the Samsung Service Center i usually take my phone to in order to ask for the prices for the white housing. The pricing is as follows:

16.48 Euros for the back cover
6.73 Euros for the battery cover
Total 23.21 Euros (=30.5 USD).

You can buy these yourself, or pay a 27 Euro fee for it to be installed.

I just wanted to let you know about this, seeing as you guys pay 90+USD on rb-sale-s for the cover. Why not buy it from the service center itself? It's a third of the price. Please call your service center before buying from online stores, turns out it's cheaper for me.

you cannot buy them from samsung directly, first you must have a white nexus and it must be a official country of released, then they will just charge you the stated price inclusive of labour charge (within warranty period), if it's a imported unit or out of warranty, then the unit must also be a white unit (official white unit), then there is a inspection charge/labour charge on top, along with the price of the spare parts/accessories.

Some countries many even reject imported units for no reasons, just because the unit is not registered in their country.

In all cases samsung will keep the old case, but not the battery cover as the battery cover is considered as a accessory and not a spare part, if your unit was a titanium unit no samsung in the world will put a white shell on, as this is changing the phones specification, and samsung must do the installation, you cannot just get the shell and DIY. But there are loop hole that I won't mention here.

Last edited:

petsasj

Mar 22, 2010
Athens
you cannot buy them from samsung directly, first you must have a white nexus and it must be a official country of released, then they will just charge you the stated price inclusive of labour charge (within warranty period), if it's a imported unit or out of warranty, then the unit must also be a white unit (official white unit), then there is a inspection charge/labour charge on top, along with the price of the spare parts/accessories.

In all cases samsung will keep the old case, but not the battery cover as the battery cover is considered as a accessory and not a spare part, if your unit was a titanium unit no samsung in the world will put a white shell on, as this is changing the phones specification, but there are loop hole that I won't mention here.

Well I was on the phone just now and I ordered mine 15 minutes ago.

I'll let you know how it goes when they call me to go pick it up.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007

if it does work out good luck, as many large firms wont do this due to company policies and there are no exceptions.

Last edited:

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
as much as I want it...I really can't justify paying $100 CAD for a housing...faaaaaaaaackkkkkk...maybe just the housing and not the cover...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
WHOA! What app allows you to order in the future!? I want it!

i think you got it wrong, it was last year:D

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

seriously, you should just give them a month and if on the 40-42 th day file the complaint with paypal.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

how did it go.:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is one of the rare cases where the original color of the phone looks 10 time better than the white one... im just saying... i love the titanium.... the white just doesnt sit right with me... plus it isnt going to get its updates directly from google... is u have the gsm titanium one... id say stick with it... just saying

You did a lot of "just saying".

I'm just saying. Lol.:D
    kms108 - Was it REALLY necessary to quote and re-post all of the giant pictures that petsasj originally posted directly above you?
    Wow that looks pretty good, I am almost tempted to give it a shot with the one that I have....almost. :p

Seeing as you just did yours, I have a question; what tool(s) did you use to pop off the housing from the phone? I was watching this one earlier and the guy was using guitar picks to get it done and he needed a few wedged in there to get it off. All I got is the blue thing (in the pic I posted) that came with the housing that has that thin of a edge to get it wedged in there.

Yea, sorry I didn't remove the pics from my post. I used that blue tool they sent with the housing. You just have to take your time with it as the tool is a little weak, but it worked. Once you take the screws out it is very easy to get that tool between the housing and the screen. The top right corner was the easiest to come off and you just have to carefully work it around the edge of the phone. I went around the phone about two or three times carefully lifting the housing away from the screen. That is the main reason why it took about 10 mins to replace. Once the housing comes off everything else is simple and snaps back into place. One thing though... I watched the same vid. When he removed the sticker from the pogo pins I noticed that the sticker was there in the original housing and I left it there in the white housing.
    Let me know if you would like me to explain anything in more detail. I will be checking this thread for more questions.

It's like I have a new phone!
    White White White

Got the white Housing and here are some pictures:

http://img854.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn3031u.jpg