GPS doesn't work at all on any roms

Search This thread

acaplea

Aug 15, 2010
Please help me to understand what kind of trouble with GPS could be?
The truth is that I got this phone as second hand with Vodafone ROM and not working GPS. I changed the rom on official HTC Europe 3.16, radio 1.11 - the same result no GPS. Of course i've tried different tools and tests (like GPS Status&Toolbox, GPS Test&Fix, etc), i've reset AGPS data, but unsuccesfully - the test finds satellites but can't fix connection with them to check my coordinates.
Next, I unlocked the phone, made S-off and installed the custom rom ViperOnes 3.1.2 with 1.20 radio, no changes... All other comms 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi work fine.
Is there any solution to check the GPS module, antennas or smth else?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Please help me to understand what kind of trouble with GPS could be?
The truth is that I got this phone as second hand with Vodafone ROM and not working GPS. I changed the rom on official HTC Europe 3.16, radio 1.11 - the same result no GPS. Of course i've tried different tools and tests (like GPS Status&Toolbox, GPS Test&Fix, etc), i've reset AGPS data, but unsuccesfully - the test finds satellites but can't fix connection with them to check my coordinates.
Next, I unlocked the phone, made S-off and installed the custom rom ViperOnes 3.1.2 with 1.20 radio, no changes... All other comms 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi work fine.
Is there any solution to check the GPS module, antennas or smth else?

Have you tried editing your gps.cfg accordig to your region/country?

acaplea

Aug 15, 2010
Have you tried editing your gps.cfg accordig to your region/country?

I have, I setup it for Europe zone. But from my experience I had before Desire X, which was in gps.cfg as "north_america" and GPS worked perfectly. As I know it may influence on connection time with satellites only, and I tested my problem OneS on open sky more than one hour...

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have, I setup it for Europe zone. But from my experience I had before Desire X, which was in gps.cfg as "north_america" and GPS worked perfectly. As I know it may influence on connection time with satellites only, and I tested my problem OneS on open sky more than one hour...

quote:

"It is almost impossible to test a GPS Antenna without connecting it to a GPS receiver, so attempts to diagnose problems using a test-meter (or even a Spectrum Analyser) are at best pointless. In some cases, attempting to measure impedance at the Antenna connector can be fatal to the internal LNA, which is often a sensitive low-voltage Gallium-Arsenide semiconductor chip.

In particular it is essential that if RF cable-testing equipment is in use at a site, that the GPS Antenna is left disconnected from the cable until after all cable testing is complete. The power level required to destroy the LNA is very low. It is also important that the Receiver unit at the other end of the cable is disconnected during cable testing." read more --> http://www.spectracom.co.uk/InstallationInfo/HandlingGPSAntennaAssemblies/tabid/1170/Default.aspx

Reactions: acaplea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

quote:

"It is almost impossible to test a GPS Antenna without connecting it to a GPS receiver, so attempts to diagnose problems using a test-meter (or even a Spectrum Analyser) are at best pointless. In some cases, attempting to measure impedance at the Antenna connector can be fatal to the internal LNA, which is often a sensitive low-voltage Gallium-Arsenide semiconductor chip.

In particular it is essential that if RF cable-testing equipment is in use at a site, that the GPS Antenna is left disconnected from the cable until after all cable testing is complete. The power level required to destroy the LNA is very low. It is also important that the Receiver unit at the other end of the cable is disconnected during cable testing." read more --> http://www.spectracom.co.uk/InstallationInfo/HandlingGPSAntennaAssemblies/tabid/1170/Default.aspx