Difference of NC4

Search This thread

openwheelracing

May 13, 2012
Apology if I sound like a noob, but the more I read the more confused I get. What is the difference between these two scenarios? Which one is preferred?

1. Take OTA all the way to NC4, use Towrlroot.

2. From any rooted rom, flash Beanstown NC4 ROM and ODIN updated NC2 firmware.

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
Apology if I sound like a noob, but the more I read the more confused I get. What is the difference between these two scenarios? Which one is preferred?

1. Take OTA all the way to NC4, use Towrlroot.

2. From any rooted rom, flash Beanstown NC4 ROM and ODIN updated NC2 firmware.

You don't want to take the official OTA for NC4 if you haven't. Although it can be rooted - you can't roll back from it to other firmwares. NC2 is supposed to be the best as far as being able to make modifications to your phone from what I understand.

Having said that I am on official NC4. I used to really enjoy flashing roms but as of late I do not find that they offer much advantage - and often times are more buggy than the stock firmware.

openwheelracing

May 13, 2012
Thank you for the reply. So I am on Beanstowns latest NC4 ROM with NC2 firmware. I was curious if this setup may be less optimal than 100% NC4. I don't like to flash ROMs, I just need to be rooted with Wanam Xposed

thepolishguy

Dec 3, 2009
Ivanhoe CA
Thank you for the reply. So I am on Beanstowns latest NC4 ROM with NC2 firmware. I was curious if this setup may be less optimal than 100% NC4. I don't like to flash ROMs, I just need to be rooted with Wanam Xposed

Well that is your call. The guys that like flashing roms swear you should stay on NC2. I personally just grew out of it after 5 years of this stuff. I'm on stock unrooted NC4. But I did root NC4 with TowelRoot. And then I Odined back to stock unrooted. I did not however try to install Xposed or the Wanam module. So you may want to check into that before you make the leap. I've never been on NC2 so I can't really make a comparison to which firmware runs better. But my guess is since they did not release NC2, but created and released NC4 - that it is better than NC2. But then again, it may just be that they patched the exploits in NC2 and called that release NC4.

Is Wanam pretty awesome? I have heard some pretty good stuff about it. If I do test it out I'll report back here.

jimmiem

Dec 7, 2008
thepolishguy;53612317 Is Wanam pretty awesome? I have heard some pretty good stuff about it. If I do test it out I'll report back here.[/QUOTE said:
Wanam covers pretty much everything that I would want out of a custom ROM. I like stock android, I don't need a total replacement. I just want to be able to tweak the little nags, and Wanam covers just about all of them. The ones that can't be done through Wanam can be done through other means. In the end, I basically have my own custom ROM, but tailored to my tastes and not someone else's.

Reactions: thepolishguy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thepolishguy;53612317 Is Wanam pretty awesome? I have heard some pretty good stuff about it. If I do test it out I'll report back here.[/QUOTE said:
    Wanam covers pretty much everything that I would want out of a custom ROM. I like stock android, I don't need a total replacement. I just want to be able to tweak the little nags, and Wanam covers just about all of them. The ones that can't be done through Wanam can be done through other means. In the end, I basically have my own custom ROM, but tailored to my tastes and not someone else's.