Very disappointed in Z ultra will try to return back to Sony

Search This thread

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
Made the horrible mistake of getting a Z ultra and failed to realize what a horrible nightmare it is to root the device in linux and am just giving up. Feel totally ripped off. Thought I could save money over the Nexus 6 since the screen is bigger and the phone much cheaper but this really the last non nexus phone I'll buy. The clue should have been Sony patching their devices to prevent root, Never again.

theinspector

Mar 16, 2014
Made the horrible mistake of getting a Z ultra and failed to realize what a horrible nightmare it is to root the device in linux and am just giving up. Feel totally ripped off. Thought I could save money over the Nexus 6 since the screen is bigger and the phone much cheaper but this really the last non nexus phone I'll buy. The clue should have been Sony patching their devices to prevent root, Never again.

I got mine rooted fairly easy.. Not that much work.

Reactions: Phone_fan

dvdivx

Feb 3, 2009
This phone was purchased last month. Maybe it was easy for you but try a Nexus next time, no contest. Yes if it was as easy as towelroot made it then yes. With current firmware not a chance.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
This phone was purchased last month. Maybe it was easy for you but try a Nexus next time, no contest. Yes if it was as easy as towelroot made it then yes. With current firmware not a chance.

Stop *****ing and unlock the bootloader if you really want root and cant/wont run windows. This is the way Sony wants you to gain root any way.

Wont [NUT]'s tools work? cant you extract easy root and read the batch files? 4.4.4 is probably the easiest firmware we have had to run a root exploit on for a very long time.

EDIT FFS man http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900 "The tool should work on Windows, Linux and Mac. "

Last edited:

wtfhax

Jan 2, 2011
I'm sorry but judging the device based on rooting process isn't good enough. Had been using it i must say this device worth every penny from me. Of course nexus is nexus but z ultra has it's pros points.

I had no problem with root even i could not install the drivers in my ubuntu box but virtualbox winxp solved the problem.

Last edited:

MXR2

Dec 23, 2010

Why a rip off? if it is so difficult, you could've just unlock bootloader. From then on you can root however you want easily. Even without unlocking BL, it's fairly easy to root. "Don't blame the pen if you yourself can't write well". Just sayin'

Reactions: rsohne

theinspector

Mar 16, 2014
It's fairly simple. If you think the phones a rip off because your not capable of rooting it., then i don't know what too tell you. You should have done a lot more research, its simple to root it, even if you use linux.

E90 Commie

Feb 5, 2009
New York

Very unfortunate. I rooted my C6833 within the hour and the C6802 last year through vRoot. Instead of complaining about the device, go and get FlashTool, download and flash a Towelroot capable ROM, after that, go ahead and go custom ROM.

zemblance

Jan 20, 2014
It is insanely easy to root on Linux. I use all the *nix commands from the Android SDK on my Mac instead of OS X Apps like Flashtool and it works a treat. Within an hour of buying my 2nd XZU two days ago it was rooted and running Lollipop. I simply don't understand your post...

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
If you unable to root this phone then your not ment to use android phone....just a simple task that you can't find and your complaining makes no sense....
I think you should stick to simple phone rather than a real phone like the z ultra...i feel unfortunate for you to not discover the joy of the z ultra....this is the phone i stay for the longest time and still no suitable replacement for it at this time....and I'm not a one model user, i will buy if that phone is comes to my needs whichever model that is...and nexus is not a good replacement for it...
And if your unable to root this, maybe you should only use the original state phone rather than rooted...

alphahere

Nov 6, 2010
Are you serious? I was rooted in less than 2 minutes with Linux. The hardest part was the download. There was a very small bug in the script but took about a minute to correct. Actually this Sony is great with Linux. Samsung is tough to do in Linux.

Good luck

Sent from my C6806_GPe using Tapatalk

alex8787

Jan 15, 2007

They say "One minute in your mouth, forever in your waist". Here is the opposite:

One sour moment (I am still having issues using the external SD card for storing Apps with Link2SD since 11 GB is not enough for me (any solutions?) UPDATE: Fixed! Now with my 128GB External SD working with Link2SD and FolderMount I can have all the Apps I can dream of :) ), and forever (until next Android Version), the best phone money can buy.

I love the fact that the native DPI knows it is a semi-tablet, unlike other phones with large screens, that are just zoomed versions of a small screen.

I love the waterproof, plus its a gorgeous modern looking phone and super thin. The camera is really great at detail for videos and photos with moving things, but only when no flash is needed (but not the best at everything else, but still, its the best smartphone for everything else) and the photos with light are so good, it really makes up for the lousy performance in the dark.

I have the Sony leather cover/case, that gives a full charge to the ZUltra, that makes it great for intensive use, which one will like to use, since its a pleasure to use. Also extra magnetic stand at the office, just to make sure I can use it nearly 24/7 non-stop if I fancy. No cables to connect. I truly believe it is one of the best Androids and the best alternative to the iPhone 6 Plus which I use side be side everyday. The ZUltra has my personal number and unlimited internet for it, and the iPhone the working number.

Using the ZUltra beside my iphone 6+ reminds me everyday how far has come Android in making things better than the iPhone, like the nicer Whatsapp, Dropbox, etc.

ZUltra its worth the effort. Whats the point of having something so bad compared with the ZUltra for everyday, just because it was easy to do a once-in-a-lifetime (until next update) thing? Isn't it better to have the best for everyday in exchange of just one difficult moment? (Plus here there are many nice people to help you get through :) )

Last edited:
Reactions: martin132014

satriamau

Jun 20, 2012
Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia
Coming from the nexus 4, i must say rooting the z ultra is not hard at all. Just follow the tutorial here in xda or youtube. I buy the phone and got it rooted on the same day. I'm using windows 7 btw. The only down side of this phone is the camera and it have less custom rom and custom kernel compared to a nexus.

shadowcore

Apr 26, 2013
Hell
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Poco F3

Meh, I have rooted samsung, lgs and now a sony, not much of a big deal, I have done so on ubuntu though.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Stop *****ing and unlock the bootloader if you really want root and cant/wont run windows. This is the way Sony wants you to gain root any way.

Wont [NUT]'s tools work? cant you extract easy root and read the batch files? 4.4.4 is probably the easiest firmware we have had to run a root exploit on for a very long time.

EDIT FFS man http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900 "The tool should work on Windows, Linux and Mac. "

I got mine rooted fairly easy.. Not that much work.
    lol i have a nexus 5 and rooting the ultra isn't really harder.

Why a rip off? if it is so difficult, you could've just unlock bootloader. From then on you can root however you want easily. Even without unlocking BL, it's fairly easy to root. "Don't blame the pen if you yourself can't write well". Just sayin'

They say "One minute in your mouth, forever in your waist". Here is the opposite:

One sour moment (I am still having issues using the external SD card for storing Apps with Link2SD since 11 GB is not enough for me (any solutions?) UPDATE: Fixed! Now with my 128GB External SD working with Link2SD and FolderMount I can have all the Apps I can dream of :) ), and forever (until next Android Version), the best phone money can buy.

I love the fact that the native DPI knows it is a semi-tablet, unlike other phones with large screens, that are just zoomed versions of a small screen.

I love the waterproof, plus its a gorgeous modern looking phone and super thin. The camera is really great at detail for videos and photos with moving things, but only when no flash is needed (but not the best at everything else, but still, its the best smartphone for everything else) and the photos with light are so good, it really makes up for the lousy performance in the dark.

I have the Sony leather cover/case, that gives a full charge to the ZUltra, that makes it great for intensive use, which one will like to use, since its a pleasure to use. Also extra magnetic stand at the office, just to make sure I can use it nearly 24/7 non-stop if I fancy. No cables to connect. I truly believe it is one of the best Androids and the best alternative to the iPhone 6 Plus which I use side be side everyday. The ZUltra has my personal number and unlimited internet for it, and the iPhone the working number.

Using the ZUltra beside my iphone 6+ reminds me everyday how far has come Android in making things better than the iPhone, like the nicer Whatsapp, Dropbox, etc.

ZUltra its worth the effort. Whats the point of having something so bad compared with the ZUltra for everyday, just because it was easy to do a once-in-a-lifetime (until next update) thing? Isn't it better to have the best for everyday in exchange of just one difficult moment? (Plus here there are many nice people to help you get through :) )