[Q] Htc Desire HD 2.3.3 Root

Search This thread

jackcoyle

Nov 12, 2011
i have been looking at all the threads and i dont really understand what am looking at i am a noob to this , i have never rooted or anything like this can some one help me and explain how to root -

Htc Desire HD
android version 2.3.3
htc sense : 2.1
baseband version
12.54.60.25u_26.09.04.11_m2
kernal version
htc-kernal@and 18-2 #1
build number
2.50.110.5 cl 123205 release-keys
software number
browser version
webkit/533.1

if you could help that would be amazing thanks :)

dazzasky

Sep 30, 2011
Coventry
i have been looking at all the threads and i dont really understand what am looking at i am a noob to this , i have never rooted or anything like this can some one help me and explain how to root -

Htc Desire HD
android version 2.3.3
baseband version
kernal version
htc-kernal@and 18-2 #1
build number
software number
browser version
webkit/533.1

Hi the advanced ace hack kit is the way to root. Its very simple as long as you follow the instructions in the effin manuel. You can then download a custom rom. RCmix3d runny v3.3 is probably the best one but are are a few others you can choose from. Good luck, here is the link for you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1259821

Reactions: jackcoyle

dazzasky

Sep 30, 2011
Coventry
after you do what the ace hack is it easy to change roms when/if you get bored of them ?

Yes it's very easy. You will soon become a flashoholic. download a rom onto your sd card then all you do is take out your battery, put the battery back in, hold down lower volume and then hold the power on button. This will take you into hboot mode, scroll down to recovery, it will then flash pd98img image for a second, go into rocovery mode and then select install zip from sd card then select choose zip from sdcard and it will then flash your rom. Once it has finished you can then reboot. After you have installed your rom make sure you download rom manager from the market and do a back up of your system. that is basically how you flash a rom, its a good idea to download a superwipe to your sd card so when you flash a different rom you wipe it clean. Hope this helps.

jackcoyle

Nov 12, 2011
thanks alot yeah that helps alot see this superwipe does it take the numbers off my mobile it would take ages to put them back in now what a mean ?

dazzasky

Sep 30, 2011
Coventry
thanks alot yeah that helps alot see this superwipe does it take the numbers off my mobile it would take ages to put them back in now what a mean ?

No it doesn't as long as you have saved them to your sim card. If you flash a HTC sense rom and you install a different HTC sense rom, say by someone else, because you have already backed up the previous rom, after you download the next and when you are in recovery mode if you go to back up & restore, advanced, select the date and then select restore data, it will restore all your data, logins, passwords, apps on your home screens e.g so that you do not need to log in again. Its brilliant. hope it all goes well.

Last edited:

rajesh_ravs

Mar 17, 2011
Advanced Hack ace kit issue

Hi,
I'm from India when i root and run the Default ZIP file with Advanced hack ace kit it gives me an error Image not found.

Can some one plzzz help mien with this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Htc Desire HD
    android version 2.3.3
    baseband version
    kernal version
    htc-kernal@and 18-2 #1
    build number
    software number
    browser version
    webkit/533.1

Hi the advanced ace hack kit is the way to root. Its very simple as long as you follow the instructions in the effin manuel. You can then download a custom rom. RCmix3d runny v3.3 is probably the best one but are are a few others you can choose from. Good luck, here is the link for you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1259821
    after you do what the ace hack is it easy to change roms when/if you get bored of them ?

Yes it's very easy. You will soon become a flashoholic. download a rom onto your sd card then all you do is take out your battery, put the battery back in, hold down lower volume and then hold the power on button. This will take you into hboot mode, scroll down to recovery, it will then flash pd98img image for a second, go into rocovery mode and then select install zip from sd card then select choose zip from sdcard and it will then flash your rom. Once it has finished you can then reboot. After you have installed your rom make sure you download rom manager from the market and do a back up of your system. that is basically how you flash a rom, its a good idea to download a superwipe to your sd card so when you flash a different rom you wipe it clean. Hope this helps.

No it doesn't as long as you have saved them to your sim card. If you flash a HTC sense rom and you install a different HTC sense rom, say by someone else, because you have already backed up the previous rom, after you download the next and when you are in recovery mode if you go to back up & restore, advanced, select the date and then select restore data, it will restore all your data, logins, passwords, apps on your home screens e.g so that you do not need to log in again. Its brilliant. hope it all goes well.