[KERNEL][SEP.30]Bricked-Kernel|2.6.39.4|v0.7|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|stickyf req

Search This thread

show-p1984

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011

Bricked-Kernel One X (endeavoru)

The first 100% stable kernel for the HTC One X (endeavoru)
(thx HTC for the screwed source btw, fixed it ^^)
Replaced NVIDIA's strange hotplug manager with my own: tegra_mpdecision

Features:

Based upon HTC source
Fixed all stability issues from the HTC source
Fixed all section mismatches
Various other fixes
Sweep2wake
tegra_mpdecision, which completely replaces nvidias hotplug manager (better battery life + performance)
extensive sysfs interface for mpdecision with all the tuneables you want
modified ondemand governor for tegra3 & mpdecision (this is the only recommended governor atm)
fixed sound playback while screen is off
GPU OC (484Mhz)
Variant free CPU OC for all phones (51 - 1600Mhz)
Compiled with gcc4.7
fixed max cpufreq resets throughout the kernel
all cores now use the max freq (before: only in singlecore, otherwise -100Mhz)
Undervolting (faux123)
Check the changelog for the rest :)

Changelog @ bricked.de

What is sweep2wake?

How to install?

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!
Flash through recovery. But:
Since the htcdev unlock prevents us from flashing the boot partition from recovery, the installer will ONLY INSTALL THE MODULES & disable the HTC screenshot! (needed as a fixup for sweep2wake, use the AOSP screenshot pwr+vol.down instead)
_YOU_ will need to flash the boot.img within the zip (folder: kernel) yourself! (extract it to your desktop so you can use the commands given to you here)
I can't stress enough how important this is. _YOU_ will need to flash it.

How to do that (full guide, if you use the reboot option given to you by the installer you will only need steps 1 & 4-7)
1. Install HTC drivers (how to do that is explained a hundred times all over the web)
2. Reboot
3. in the boot animation, connect your phone to your computer and do:
adb reboot-bootloader
4. You should now see "FASTBOOT USB", if that is the case:
fastboot flash boot %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\boot.img
5. fastboot reboot
6. check with: adb shell uname -a if it says bricked.
7. enjoy ;)

ofc these steps can also be done before the installer is executed from recovery. Just be sure to complete both.

Where to complain about errors/bugs?

Please use the Issuetracker for bugs/errors/feature wishes!
Issuetracker @ https://code.google.com/p/bricked/issues/entry

showp1984@googlemail.com
IRC Chat: Freenode IRC #bricked

Download:

No Guarantees! If it kills your grandmother or your device, I am NOT responsible! If you understand this:
(If you download, please hit Thanks below my post! Thank you!)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Source:

Last edited:

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Battery life

onexbattlife_sense2.png

(InsertCoin)

onexbattlife_sense.png

Performance:
onex1500antutu_sense.png

Last edited:

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011
Knowledge base:
(under construction)

tegra_mpdecision manual:
coming soon(tm)

Why only clock with 1.4 Ghz max?
That's not a fix, just a point of opinion. I provide stock or close-to-stock kernel settings in regards to UV/Clocks. Usually I don't take HTC's 'stock' but the manufacturer of the component. In this case the soc, so NVIDIA.
Our stock-phone is clocked with 1.5Ghz single core and 1.4Ghz multicore (as soon as the 2nd core comes up). Usually, whatever you do, you will instantly trigger the second core to come up, if even only for a short time. This would effectively limit the cpu clock speed to 1.4Ghz for that time.
Since I overwrote the clock reduce, our phone will clock with the set max at all times. Which, in this case, is overclocking.
So I just reduced the clock back to it's "stock" setting and please trust me that you won't notice the difference to stock in Benchmarks, UI performance, or anywhere else. Not only because it is only 100Mhz on ONE CORE, but also because that core seldom runs alone and therefore can only use the 1.5Ghz for a very short time.

You are ofc free to clock it back to 1.5Ghz again. Please note that this counts as overclocking and the same rules as undervolting apply to it.

Last edited:

thedan55

Aug 23, 2009
show-p1984!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so happy to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!! love your work on the bricked kernel for the hp touchpad!!!!

cant wait to get stuck into this one!!!!!!!!!

also will you be adding otg support?? just seen it in the changelog for the eternity kernel.

once again so glad to see you working on this awesome device!!!!!!!!!!!!

deagleone

May 3, 2008
Heilbronx
Buhhhuuuhhhuuuuuuu.... No pc atm.
Download your kernel right now, flash @ 6:15 dhft! (deagleonehomecommingflashtime)

Thanks show, will report

InsertCoined from my nearly"bricked" One X (thanks show, for doing your business^^)

Reactions: show-p1984

rayford85

May 22, 2011
Just pushed this. Booted just fine. No freezes or reboots. But I do have WiFi error
20922b82-d25a-48ff.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

ShyamSasi

Dec 10, 2010
CLASSIFIED
I just flashed it and flashed the Boot.img no WiFi. I flashed it through recovery twice. And manually flashed the Boot.img. Still no go. Any idea?

hasan_abeer

Jul 17, 2008
EsHi sir ......hopefully you Will support call recorder....please any chance to provide this feature to one x owners....thanks again in advanced

show-p1984

Jul 30, 2011

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
EsHi sir ......hopefully you Will support call recorder....please any chance to provide this feature to one x owners....thanks again in advanced

I don't mean to sound rude. But you REALLY don't need to post this everywhere! The devs are aware it's a feature people want, but the reality is that getting things STABLE first is the highest priority.

It's not point getting call recording added if the phone doesn't work properly. Please just be patient and stop spamming every thread with your requests.

M.

THANHVO31

Feb 27, 2010
Haiphong
+1 for Wifi error (maximus 1.3)
+ Led Notify always ON (red)

I had Flash boot.img + copy modules at CWM.

Sweep2Wake is cool but sorry.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bricked-Kernel One X (endeavoru)

The first 100% stable kernel for the HTC One X (endeavoru)
    (thx HTC for the screwed source btw, fixed it ^^)
    Replaced NVIDIA's strange hotplug manager with my own: tegra_mpdecision

Features:

Based upon HTC source
    Fixed all stability issues from the HTC source
    Fixed all section mismatches
    Various other fixes
    Sweep2wake
    tegra_mpdecision, which completely replaces nvidias hotplug manager (better battery life + performance)
    extensive sysfs interface for mpdecision with all the tuneables you want
    modified ondemand governor for tegra3 & mpdecision (this is the only recommended governor atm)
    fixed sound playback while screen is off
    GPU OC (484Mhz)
    Variant free CPU OC for all phones (51 - 1600Mhz)
    Compiled with gcc4.7
    fixed max cpufreq resets throughout the kernel
    all cores now use the max freq (before: only in singlecore, otherwise -100Mhz)
    Undervolting (faux123)
    Check the changelog for the rest :)

Changelog @ bricked.de

What is sweep2wake?

How to install?

!!!!IMPORTANT!!!!
    Flash through recovery. But:
    Since the htcdev unlock prevents us from flashing the boot partition from recovery, the installer will ONLY INSTALL THE MODULES & disable the HTC screenshot! (needed as a fixup for sweep2wake, use the AOSP screenshot pwr+vol.down instead)
    _YOU_ will need to flash the boot.img within the zip (folder: kernel) yourself! (extract it to your desktop so you can use the commands given to you here)
    I can't stress enough how important this is. _YOU_ will need to flash it.

How to do that (full guide, if you use the reboot option given to you by the installer you will only need steps 1 & 4-7)
    1. Install HTC drivers (how to do that is explained a hundred times all over the web)
    2. Reboot
    3. in the boot animation, connect your phone to your computer and do:
    adb reboot-bootloader
    4. You should now see "FASTBOOT USB", if that is the case:
    fastboot flash boot %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\boot.img
    5. fastboot reboot
    6. check with: adb shell uname -a if it says bricked.
    7. enjoy ;)

ofc these steps can also be done before the installer is executed from recovery. Just be sure to complete both.

Where to complain about errors/bugs?

Please use the Issuetracker for bugs/errors/feature wishes!
    Issuetracker @ https://code.google.com/p/bricked/issues/entry

showp1984@googlemail.com
    IRC Chat: Freenode IRC #bricked

Download:

No Guarantees! If it kills your grandmother or your device, I am NOT responsible! If you understand this:
    (If you download, please hit Thanks below my post! Thank you!)

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

Source:

Battery life

onexbattlife_sense2.png

(InsertCoin)

onexbattlife_sense.png

Performance:
    onex1500antutu_sense.png
    Does show still have a hox???

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I have a feeling he broke his and got a N4 but could be wrong :p

Since my 1X was a donation device I will never sell it or don't repair it or discontinue support for it.
    My nephew was in the hospital this past few days, I will be doing some basic merging the rest of the week, but there are a few birthdays and other stuff (android hackathon party) lying ahead which will slow down the process.

Btw, my new Hacker chair :p
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/44206202/pics/IMG_20130205_193218.jpg
    Bricked v0.3 is out @OP!

Please disable adblockers for http://bricked.de - this little ad helps a lot! Thx!

Changelog:

***** v0.3 *****

Zip:
    * fix disabling the htc screenshot
    Kernel:
    * a0c17e8 (showp1984) : config: increment version number (0.3)
    * c7a64f6 (showp1984) : mach-tegra/cpu-tegra3: Set cpu_lp_clk again if it is not set
    * 43e8908 (showp1984) : .gitignore: add generated output from xz compression
    * e36c83e (showp1984) : config: enable kernel XZ compression
    * 4bb2c86 (showp1984) : arch/arm: add XZ compression support
    * 2c7dcbf (showp1984) : arch/arm/Makefile: Enable pipe compiling
    * 8ff4eff (Miao Xie) : lib/memcopy: use glibc version the kernel's memcpy and memmove is very inefficient. But the glibc version is quit
    * 9f3eb01 (Miao Xie) : lib/string: use glibc version the performance of memcpy and memmove of the general version is very inefficient, t
    * 4c161c3 (Andrew Vagin) : sched: don't call task_group() many times in set_task_rq()
    * 58bb59f (Jeff Moyer) : [patch] iosched: prevent aliased requests from starving other I/O
    * 2125a25 (Benjamin Herrenschmidt) : powerpc/pmac: Fix SMP kernels on pre-core99 UP machines
    * 4ed2692 (Stanislaw Gruszka) : iwl3945: fix possible il->txq NULL pointer dereference in delayed works
    * d816e22 (showp1984) : config: update with autogenerated stuff from commits
    * f52a5cf (RongQing.Li) : ipv6: Don't dev_hold(dev) in ip6_mc_find_dev_rcu.
    * bca05a3 (Anton Blanchard) : perf tools: Incorrect use of snprintf results in SEGV
    * b403aec (Anton Blanchard) : afs: Remote abort can cause BUG in rxrpc code
    * fce1ba7 (Anton Blanchard) : afs: Read of file returns EBADMSG
    * 1d64f57 (Ryusuke Konishi) : nilfs2: fix NULL pointer dereference in nilfs_load_super_block()
    * d161d52 (faux123) : drivers/usb/misc: add ehset.c for OTG operations
    * 6f3c63f (Todd Poynor) : [PATCH] usb: otg: Temporarily grab wakelock on charger and disconnect events
    * 1b72c8c (Todd Poynor) : USB: OTG: Take wakelock when VBUS present
    * af8f32c (Ashwin Chaugule) : Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
    * cc93e70 (Russell King) : [PATCH] ARM: entry: no need to increase preempt count for IRQ handlers
    * 7c7a694 (Steven Rostedt) : sched: Remove unlikely() from ttwu_post_activation
    * fcb65b8 (Steven Rostedt) : sched: Change pick_next_task_rt from unlikely to likely
    * b36890b (Steven Rostedt) : sched: Remove unlikely() from rt_policy() in sched.c
    * 327307c (Yong Zhang) : sched: Cleanup pre_schedule_rt
    * f5edc94 (faux123) : sched: disable GENTLTE_FAIR_SLEEPERS for better performance on Android
    * bab3e32 (LeeDrOiD) : Make vfs_cache_pressure configurable
    * e465f7d (showp1984) : netfilter: xt_log.h: fix warning: value computed is not used
    * 2772ad5 (showp1984) : makefile: vectorize for quadword registers GCC does not support vectorization with varying vector sizes. By defa
    * d085d84 (TripNRaVeR) : vfp: compile with neon
    * c0ac77a (showp1984) : config: enable CPU freq stat details
    * e77200e (Darrick J. Wong) : crc32: Select an algorithm via kconfig Allow the kernel builder to choose a crc32* algorithm for the kerne
    * 232fa5d (Darrick J. Wong) : crc32: Add self-test code for crc32c Add self-test code for crc32c.
    * c1ce2e7 (Darrick J. Wong) : crypto: crc32c should use library implementation Since lib/crc32.c now provides crc32c, remove the softwar
    * 81e77b9 (Darrick J. Wong) : crc32: Bolt on crc32c Reuse the existing crc32 code to stamp out a crc32c implementation.
    * d110a3e (Bob Pearson) : crc32-final.diff Some final changes - added a comment at the top of crc32.c
    * 6fdc101 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-optimize-loops-for-x86.diff Add two changes that improve the performance of x86 systems 1. repla
    * 3377c71 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-add-slicing-by-8.diff add slicing-by-8 algorithm to the existing slicing-by-4 algorithm. This consists o
    * dc0c138 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-add-real-8-bit.diff crc32.c provides a choice of one of several algorithms for computing the LSB and LSB
    * 714ec80 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-fix-check-endian-warnings.diff crc32.c in its original version freely mixed u32, __le32 and __be32 types
    * 6950a73 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-misc-cleanup.diff Misc cleanup of lib/crc32.c and related files - removed unnecessary header fil
    * 94bf85d (Bob Pearson) : crc32-replace-self-test.diff Replaced the unit test provided in crc32.c, which doesn't have a makefile and doe
    * ce8066c (Bob Pearson) : crc32-add-pointer-to-tab.diff Replace 2D array references by pointer references in loops. This change has no e
    * fb19d00 (George Spelvin) : crc32-move-to-documentation.diff Moved a long comment from lib/crc32.c to Documentation/crc32.txt where it
    * c5e23a4 (Bob Pearson) : crc32-remove-trailing-whitespace.diff removed two instances of trailing whitespaces - remove trailing whites
    * 6677b16 (showp1984) : config: update missing options
    * d480f03 (ezterry) : staging:lowmemkiller add Fugeswap
    * 0a46d80 (showp1984) : config: activate swap and zram
    * e688bbd (showp1984) : config: enable basic NTFS support
    * db3fd1e (showp1984) : gitignore: updating ignored files
    * 2428740 (Mandeep Singh Baines) : lib/sha1: use the git implementation of SHA-1 For ChromiumOS, we use SHA-1 to verify the integrity of
    * 75d14b4 (showp1984) : config: enable Squashfs & sqfsxz
    * 221c746 (showp1984) : config: Enable Automatic process group scheduling
    * 0643bfc (showp1984) : htc-battery-core: Fixing once again² ...
    * 5bb7707 (showp1984) : -O3 compilation fixups
    * d28054e (showp1984) : Makefile: Optimizing build-options for linaro
    * 329bdf4 (showp1984) : Makefile: Added ARM optimizations
    * d654e77 (showp1984) : Makefile: adding config variable for Os/O2/O3 compilation
    * 657f7bd (jdkoreclipse) : include: mm: increase readahead buffer
    * 8e4fcfc (jdkoreclipse) : mm: adjust vm ratios
    * 7dfe36c (showp1984) : net / netfilter: remove annoying 'comparison will always be true' warning
    * c1184d9 (showp1984) : arm: mm: fixing 'offset.un' may be used uninitialized in this function
    * 6540adb (showp1984) : config: build nls_utf8 as module
    * a73895a (showp1984) : config: build cifs as module
    * 93599f3 (showp1984) : config: enable usb host mode (no function atm)
    * 02df4bb (showp1984) : common.c: fix NP oops​

75 changed files with 2,819 additions and 894 deletions.​

Yes, this fixes the not used lower clocks ;)
    This Kernel is NOT STABLE !

Many Users from Leedroid / JDr0id / Revolution HD ROM's reporting :

1. Unresponsive Power Button
    2. Deep Sleep Issues
    3. S2W Not Responding Intermittently
    4. Battery Drain During Charge
    5. Inability to End call

If you have any one of these Issues revert back to stock Kernel or another Kernel, several users recommend :

Francos Kernel R2 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646883

Eternal Kernel - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1640532

Remember to "FASTBOOT ERASE CACHE" from CMD window after flashing new Kernel !

You may Also NOT have any of these issues, for a more stable phone consider another Kernel untill the issues have been solved.

*** Recover from Non-booting Phone ***

This is where your phone has discharged during charging and wont power on when not connect to USB / Wall Charger.

1. Remove Phone from USB / Wall Charger for 1min

2. Insert USB / Wall Charger wait until the Red LED begins to Blink Let it blink for about 1m.

3. Power on normally ( If this fails follow steps 1 & 2 again )

4. Allow the phone to charge to at least 30% ( Then Make a Back Up OPTIONAL )

5. Boot into Fastboot and flash another kernel or if you wish to re-flash Bricked ( NOT RECOMMENDED )

6. FASTBOOT ERASE CACHE

7. Boot up as normal

Seriously, you can go posting things like this. Show-p works on this in his free time to provide something for users to try. Not to be shot down like wise guys like you. We are all adults here and can make decisions on what to flash on our phones. There are ways of posting dev related bugs to help progression but this my friend us not one of them. I suggest you find another kernel and stay away from here.

Not cool man...

Sent from my Bricked Coredroid One X using XDA Premium