[17.01][DNA/X920D/E][ROM][GSM][GLOBAL] Virtuous DNA+ v.2.0.0 [Sense 4+ / OC / Stable]

Search This thread

mdeejay

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2010
Abakan
s-series.png
Virtuous DNA+ v.2.0.0
Welcome to Virtuous DNA+. This is a pretty much stock HTC Sense 4+ build of Android 4.1.1 JellyBean with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.

Virtuous DNA+ is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:

Virtuous S-Series

S-Series ROM's are pretty close to stock, with basic optimisations and tweaks. This series is designed for people who rely on their phone 24/7 and are not looking for the latest and greatest features. These ROM's will only be updated if and when an official release is announced.

More information can be found on our Blog.

Screen Shots

screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png
screenshot44.png

Features
  • Based on 1.12.709.1 for TW / Asia HTC Butterfly (Android 4.1.1 Sense 4+)
  • Russian version Based on 1.10.411.1 for RUS HTC Butterfly (Android 4.1.1 Sense 4+)
  • Verizon Bloat Free
  • GSM/3G/HSDPA works
  • Global APN list
  • MMS works
  • Wi-Fi Hotspot works
  • USB tethering / Internet pass-through works
  • Wireless charging works
  • NFC works
  • Root / Superuser
  • /system write protect disabled
  • Perflock disabled
  • Deadline I/O Scheduler default
  • CPU OC (Max: 1728MHz. Default: 1512MHz Min: 192MHz)
  • GPU OC 480MHz

!ROM not for Verizon users. Only for worldwide GSM users!

Credits
  • show-p1984 - kernel stuff
  • faux123 - kernel stuff

Beta-test

Instructions
  • Make sure your device is unlocked and you have CWM/TWRP installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
  • Shut down the device
  • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible
  • Release both buttons and press the Volume-up button
  • The device now boots into your CWM/TWRP recovery
  • Make a backup of your current ROM
  • Inside CWM select "wipe data/factory reset" (optional but highly recommended)
  • Then flash the rom zip as usual
  • Reebot in Fastboot mode and flash boot.img

Downloads

Droid DNA version
X920E (Chinese) version
X920D (TW) version
X920E (Russian) version
(boot.img included in zip)

Make sure you do a full wipe (aka "wipe data/factory reset" in CWM) before flashing this!!!

Please note that the ROM needs to settle down after the flash so give it at least 10 minutes after booting to reach the normal speed and smoothness!!!

Github

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)

s-series.png

Last edited:

mdeejay

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2010
Abakan
s-series.png
Changelog

Code:
v.2.0.0
- new base 1.12.709.1 (7 jan. 2013)
- back to old stable kernel from v 1.0.1 (for now)
v.1.0.2
- new kernel 3.4.25
- Qualcomm ROW I/O Scheduler
- Added Chinese language support
- removed Chrome
- disabled 3 dot menu button
v.1.0.1
- Initial release

s-series.png

Last edited:

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
Hey mdeejay I saw on your github you were working on an aosp kernel for us. How far along are you?

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

soyuutaku

Jul 12, 2010
Hong Kong
Is this works on HTC Butterfly(X920e), which sell in China???

UPDATED: the boot inside not works in X920e.

Last edited:

bl4ckluna

Dec 27, 2010
ShenZhen
Virtuous DNA+ v.1.0.1
Welcome to Virtuous DNA+. This is a pretty much stock HTC Sense 4+ build of Android 4.1.1 JellyBean with tweaks and optimization's by the Virtuous Team.

Virtuous DNA+ is the result of a collaborative team effort by the following developers:

Virtuous S-Series

S-Series ROM's are pretty close to stock, with basic optimisations and tweaks. This series is designed for people who rely on their phone 24/7 and are not looking for the latest and greatest features. These ROM's will only be updated if and when an official release is announced.

Screen Shots

screenshot1.png
screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png
screenshot4.png

Features

ROM not for Verizon users. Only for US GSM and worldwide GSM users)

Credits

Beta-test

Instructions
  • Make sure your device is unlocked and you have CWM/TWRP installed (see this thread for help and a handy tool to do that)
  • Shut down the device
  • Hold both the Power-button and the Volume-down button until the splash screen appears and some white text in the left top corner is visible

Downloads

Current Version

Make sure you do a full wipe (aka "wipe data/factory reset" in CWM) before flashing this!!!

Please note that the ROM needs to settle down after the flash so give it at least 10 minutes after booting to reach the normal speed and smoothness!!!

Github

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​

can i ask how to disable /system write protect ? China ButterFly IS DLX_U, not same as ASIA_WWE dlx....

jlevy73

Nov 8, 2009
Los Angeles
no. its only for Droid DNA

Should work on the x920e, just have to change the updater-script file that looks for the DNA before installing. I've done it using J Butterfly Rom's so should work the same for this Rom.

For those brave souls on the x920e, this is what you would need to do (thanks SharpISO3):

open up the ROM, navigate to the META-INF/com/google/android/ folder. Inside that folder, you'll see the updater-script file. Extract it to some folder on your computer. Open the updater-script file, it's probably best to use Notepad++.

With that file open, find the lines assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "dlxj" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "dlxj"); - it's near the top. You can either replace the 'dlxj' values with the x920e values, or just delete the line entirely. Once that's done, save the file, then put the file back into the ROM, replacing what's inside.

After that, try flashing.

Reactions: physbook

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
what is the MD5

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I can not get tmobile apn settings to go in. I go and save them and then it just says there is no sim card in the device even though i have signal. Calls and text work but no data unless on wifi. I would love to run this rom but no data on tmobile

PowerPC

First, I'm using HTC DNA (Verizon).

Is there any one using AT&T sim card? I did do the full wipe of data, cache, system. Actually, i also accidentally deleted my sdcard partition. Anyway, when booting into this ROM, I did get the full bar of AT&T signal. However, there are couple problems.

1. During the setup process, there is not English (United States). So, I do use English (United Kingdom) to continue.

2. This is more serious problem. Even getting the AT&T signal, when I went to the APN settings, it keeps saying no SIM is detected. I tried to add a new APN (since none existed at all) to set up the mobile network. Upon saving, it still showed me "No SIM is detected" and not saving the APN I just entered.

3. Not sure if instruction is missing a step. I don't think the installation via CWM or TWRP flash the boot.img. I have to extract it out of zip and flash via fastboot. Is this correct?

Thanks.

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
I did do the full wipe of data, cache, system. Actually, i also accidentally deleted my sdcard partition. Anyway, when booting into this ROM, I did get the full bar of AT&T signal. However, there are couple problems. Sorry bout the SD mate that sucks bu t i have the smae issues as you but with tmobile

1. During the setup process, there is not English (United States). So, I do use English (United Kingdom) to continue. (me too)

2. This is more serious problem. Even getting the AT&T signal, when I went to the APN settings, it keeps saying no SIM is detected. I tried to add a new APN (since none existed at all) to set up the mobile network. Upon saving, it still showed me "No SIM is detected" and not saving the APN I just entered. (me too)

3. Not sure if instruction is missing a step. I don't think the installation via CWM or TWRP flash the boot.img. I have to extract it out of zip and flash via fastboot. Is this correct? I had to do a fastboot flash of the bootimag

letschky

I am from Austria and I also have the DNA is mine operator "3", I installed Rom and for me the operator settings are set automatically, so I had not set the APN itself.
Because of the language I do not know, for me it was German / Austria to choose
Yes you need to flash the Boot.img via fastboot flash boot boot.img
So far everything is running great umd I noticed nothing is bad, this is a very good Rom
But I flashed the Stock Cubed write to system kernel with the modules of course
I hope you understand my bad Englisch language.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-series.png
    Virtuous DNA+ v.2.0.0

Virtuous S-Series

Screen Shots

screenshot1.png
    screenshot2.png

screenshot3.png
    screenshot4.png
    screenshot44.png

Features
    • Based on 1.12.709.1 for TW / Asia HTC Butterfly (Android 4.1.1 Sense 4+)
    • Russian version Based on 1.10.411.1 for RUS HTC Butterfly (Android 4.1.1 Sense 4+)
    • Verizon Bloat Free
    • GSM/3G/HSDPA works
    • Global APN list
    • MMS works
    • Wi-Fi Hotspot works
    • USB tethering / Internet pass-through works
    • Wireless charging works
    • NFC works
    • Root / Superuser
    • /system write protect disabled
    • Perflock disabled
    • Deadline I/O Scheduler default
    • CPU OC (Max: 1728MHz. Default: 1512MHz Min: 192MHz)
    • GPU OC 480MHz

!ROM not for Verizon users. Only for worldwide GSM users!

Credits
    • show-p1984 - kernel stuff
    • faux123 - kernel stuff

Beta-test

Instructions
    • Shut down the device
    • Reebot in Fastboot mode and flash boot.img

Downloads

Droid DNA version
    X920E (Chinese) version
    X920D (TW) version
    X920E (Russian) version

Github

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)

s-series.png
    He posted a screenshot of Sense 5 on his DNA. So assuming that means it close to being released.

yea. need fix few bugs...so it will be released when its ready
    s-series.png
    Changelog

Code:
    v.2.0.0
    - new base 1.12.709.1 (7 jan. 2013)
    - back to old stable kernel from v 1.0.1 (for now)
    v.1.0.2
    - new kernel 3.4.25
    - Qualcomm ROW I/O Scheduler
    - Added Chinese language support
    - removed Chrome
    - disabled 3 dot menu button
    v.1.0.1
    - Initial release

s-series.png
    Virtuous Delicious v.2.0

- Base RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13.3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed_2_4.exe (13 march)
    - Stable 1.7GHz kernel
    - Improved performance
    - Other htc changes

Bugs:
    - Zoe
    - Burst

Droid DNA

X920D

X920E
    for GSM Droid DNA users..lets test :)
    Virtuous Delicious v.1.0.0
    Bugs: camera 640*480, front camera, Zoe (in progress)

if rom works good i will create thread

x920e, x920d users stay tuned

*u can't use this rom as base without my permissions

Credits/Thanks: Virtuous Dev team, LLabtooFeR, bl4ckluna, Zarboz (camera res) , all my testers