Phone was rooted, did factory reset, are all signs of rooting gone

Search This thread

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
I rooted my phone and was going to unroot. I downloaded all the files to my computer but was unable to get into download mode on phone. I followed some guides and instead of getting into that mode it did a factory reset.
I don't see in settings anything about phone being rooted, but it can't be that simple. Can someone help please?

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
What device do you have, what have you tried? In short, no, a factory reset won't unroot your device. You need to flash the stock firmware for your variant using the lg flash tool. on d800, and maybe other variants, to get into dl mode, hold down volume down and plug USB into your device from your computer. You can also try volume up and plug in USB from pc.

Follow the steps in this thread to go back to stock.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

illinoisuser

Feb 26, 2014
What device do you have, what have you tried? In short, no, a factory reset won't unroot your device. You need to flash the stock firmware for your variant using the lg flash tool. on d800, and maybe other variants, to get into dl mode, hold down volume down and plug USB into your device from your computer. You can also try volume up and plug in USB from pc.

Follow the steps in this thread to go back to stock.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for your help. I have a LG G2 verizon. I had downloaded all the files from the "VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED]" In the process I was trying to get phone into download mode and it froze up to the screen that said updating firmware or something. I couldn't get it to do anything so I read about holding the buttons down and to make a long story short it did a factory restore.
Since i posted this i do realize that it is still rooted and am wondering if i can proceed with the unrooting. I have the LG Flash Tool ready to start, but tried once to get into download mode and it wouldn't work. It just kept coming to a screen that asks if i want to do factory reset.
I sure hope you or someone can help me. I am new to Android so kind of overwhelmed

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Hi thanks for your help. I have a LG G2 verizon. I had downloaded all the files from the "VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED]" In the process I was trying to get phone into download mode and it froze up to the screen that said updating firmware or something. I couldn't get it to do anything so I read about holding the buttons down and to make a long story short it did a factory restore.
Since i posted this i do realize that it is still rooted and am wondering if i can proceed with the unrooting. I have the LG Flash Tool ready to start, but tried once to get into download mode and it wouldn't work. It just kept coming to a screen that asks if i want to do factory reset.
I sure hope you or someone can help me. I am new to Android so kind of overwhelmed

for my model its hold down volume up and plug usb. might want to give that a try.