[Q] M7 Custom roms install then freeze

Search This thread

SmudgeSmith

Jun 27, 2014
Got an interesting issue. Interesting as in annoying the **** outta me ha ha

My phone accepts and installs any custom ROM (Tried Maximus, ViperOne and Revolution so far) it says successfully installed, press here to reboot - all good to that point. I then reboot and it sticks at the HTC screen forever - left it overnight just in case it was doing something funky and just needed time. Some of the ROM issues I've read about suggest clearing cache etc. No luck so far.
If I then hard reboot, go to recovery and clear cache or factory reset it doesn't change the result. The only ROM that doesn't have this issue is CM 11 via their installer program.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I thought about finding a RUU and going back to the start but of course I can't find a RUU for my area (Australia) nearest one is Asia - and I'm not sure if I can just use another RUU and cant find anything to say either way.

Can anyone give me any pointers?? Ideally I'd like to be left with the Revolution ROM BTW :)

Thanks

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Got an interesting issue. Interesting as in annoying the **** outta me ha ha

My phone accepts and installs any custom ROM (Tried Maximus, ViperOne and Revolution so far) it says successfully installed, press here to reboot - all good to that point. I then reboot and it sticks at the HTC screen forever - left it overnight just in case it was doing something funky and just needed time. Some of the ROM issues I've read about suggest clearing cache etc. No luck so far.
If I then hard reboot, go to recovery and clear cache or factory reset it doesn't change the result. The only ROM that doesn't have this issue is CM 11 via their installer program.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I thought about finding a RUU and going back to the start but of course I can't find a RUU for my area (Australia) nearest one is Asia - and I'm not sure if I can just use another RUU and cant find anything to say either way.

Can anyone give me any pointers?? Ideally I'd like to be left with the Revolution ROM BTW :)

Thanks

Which recovery are you using ?