rooted can i lower brightness lower

Search This thread

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
the lowest brightness setting is still quite bright would like to decrease it more if possible and not too difficult

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
the lowest brightness setting is still quite bright would like to decrease it more if possible and not too difficult

1. Download and install Xposed Framework

2. Download and install GravityBox[KK] via Xposed (or if you're still on JellyBean then choose GravityBox[JB])
---a. Apply the GravityBox module and reboot

3. Open GravityBox and click on Display Tweaks (6th option down), then select "Brightness Settings".

4. Turn the switch to "On" and move the slider for "Minimum Brightness Level" down to 1.

5. Reboot to apply the changes.

Autobrightness won't take advantage of these changes but manual brightness will go very very dim now.

This worked for me so I hope this helps!

If you run into errors just quote this post and tell me what went wrong and I'll do my best to try to troubleshoot with you.

Last edited:

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
thank you are all of them available in the Play Store or do I get that stuff from somewhere else

danny39

Jun 26, 2009
Chicago, IL
thank you are all of them available in the Play Store or do I get that stuff from somewhere else

Sideload Xposed via the APK download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.robv.android.xposed.installer

And GravityBox is installed through the Xposed installer, so after you install Xposed, open Xposed and select "Framework" then click "Install/Update" then reboot. Once the phone reboots go back into Xposed and select "Download". Find "GravityBox[KK]" and swipe from right to left to get to "Versions". From there select Download on the latest version (3.2.1 at the moment). Back out to the main screen of Xposed and select "Modules". Put a check in the box for GravityBox and then reboot. Now open GravityBox and continue with the steps to lower the brightness.

D

Darth

Check out "display brightness " on play store. Doesn't make it go dimmer than stock minimum.... But puts a highly customizable always on top slider on the screen. Anywhere around the edges and any size or color. A great way to manually control brightness and save some juice. ;)

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-30-00-18-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-30-00-18-34.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

seangrimes590

Mar 2, 2014
Philadelphia
I use Lux and its perfect for me. Make sure to disable the built in auto brightness if you use it. It has day and night profiles. I have my night profile set at -40% for 0lx and my day set to -10% for 0lx. I use dynamic mode but other modes work well too and use less sensor time.