Remap Softkey and volume button

Search This thread

water

Nov 21, 2005
Hi,

Here is my contribution. The program will remap the softkey buttons and volume buttons:

tap soft key = orginal soft key functions
tap and hold left soft key = start menu
tap and hold right soft key = close/ok button
volume slider at the left = page up/down

You can also use the DPAD to do some extra actions in phone app.

NOTE: If you got notification error, please run smartskey.exe and then run smartskey.exe to close the app. The program will now close all notification that relate to smartskey when it is closed.

Update:

0.60 (2007-08-23)
Fixed: Make DPAD function work on WM6
Fixed: Fix DPAD function not compatible with TomTom
0.56 (2006-11-17)
Fixed: Fix compatibility with CeleDial
0.55 (2006-11-15)
Fixed: Compatible with CeleDial
Fixed: DPAD function will call default Contacts/Text Messaging instead of calling original Contacts/Text Messaging directly. So if you have installed any third party replacement, it will be called when DPAD in Phone app is pressed.
0.54 (2006-11-06)
Fixed: Endless loop when using “OK” button of keyboard in Wizard.
0.53 (2006-06-23)
Fixed: DPAD on will not affect TomTom and calendar
Fixed: remove notification routine will remove all paths so that it will not prompt wrong notification path anymore when user change the location of the smartskey.exe
0.52 (2006-03-26)
Fixed: DPAD functions still apply in SmartDial dialog.
0.51 (2006-03-20)
Fixed: Can use volume key to switch to vibrate, off mode by volume slider
Fixed: Exception List will not check the classname of the window as well, so you can also put applications that will change title in the list.
Added: change the behavior of the dpad, and user can set the action for each direction using DUP, DDOWN, DLEFT, DRIGHT
0.5 (2006-03-19)
Add: DPAD, use dpad for additional action (call log, messaging, programs, contacts) in phone app.
Add: VOLUMEONTODAY, volume key will check the topmost app is today or not
Fxied: improve force closed function.
0.41 (2006-03-11)
Fixed: will not overwrite ini files
Fixed: make executable smaller
Added: PAGEONEXPLORE, use soft key to scroll page in “Programs”
0.4 (2006-02-25)
Fixed: rewrite force closed function again
Added: VOLUMEONPHONE, volume key will check the topmost app is phone or not
Added: REMOVEDUPSDDAEMON, automatically remove duplicated sddaemon events.
Added: OMAPCLOCK, omapclock wrapper to set clock automatically after wake up.
Added: STARTMENUMETHOD, provide alternate method to popup start menu.

water

Attachments

• smartskey.0.56.zip
    84.9 KB · Views: 13,303
  • smartskey.0.60.zip
    92 KB · Views: 10,120
Last edited:

water

Nov 21, 2005
Now do exactly as pressing the OK button on the keyboard, so hide only. Actually close is much easiler in programming aspect :)

Woodent

Jan 19, 2006
[feature request]
is there a chance then that at some stage of the development of the tool it would actually ok/close, and not ok/hide the apps? ;)
[/feature request]

lewcamino

Jun 21, 2005
Chicago
www.teamcf.net
That is a nice idea (I just got my 8125 and I was thinking of that EXACT setup)

One thing I would ask for, if its not too much trouble...
Can you make another progy that does everything (start menu and ok/minimize) except the volume scroll? I like to change the volume while in a call and such.

Thanx and really nice job; Lew

EDIT: Better idea.

Include a config file for the program, here's an example.
Code:
LeftSoftKey = 1 // 0 = default 1 = hold for start menu
RightSoftKey = 1 // 0 = default 1 = hold for ok/minimize 2 = hold for ok/close
VolumeScroll = 0 // 0 = default (volume control) 1 = Scroll

I think that's a good idea. Let me know what you think?

Later; Lew

water

Nov 21, 2005
okay, add one more version without volume keys remap. For close button request, I may do it when I am free. :)

The program cannot be configured because actually no interface.

lewcamino

Jun 21, 2005
Chicago
www.teamcf.net
wow man. thanx for such a fast response . I was just in bed when I decided to check one last time (from my wizard of course)

So can the settings for the program be set by a config file? Can it read the the cfg file and use the settings in it as variables for how it will handle the different key press events?

Thanx again... awsome sauce man!

Later; Lew

XDAII

Dec 23, 2003
This is one of the mose useful bits of software I have come across for the Wizard. Simple but oh so effective :D Like others have said, one-handed operation is now much more simple.

Well done water

XDAII

Dec 23, 2003
This is one of the mose useful bits of software I have come across for the Wizard. Simple but oh so effective :D Like others have said, one-handed operation is now much more simple.

Well done water

lewcamino

Jun 21, 2005
Chicago
www.teamcf.net
I have what I think is a simple question.

I have put the smartkey in my startup, now lets say I don't want it to start up any more. How can I get it out of start up?
I already tried deleting it it says access denied on the Wizard and if I try from PC.

Any thoughts?

Later; Lew

water

Nov 21, 2005
lewcamino said:
I have what I think is a simple question.

I have put the smartkey in my startup, now lets say I don't want it to start up any more. How can I get it out of start up?
I already tried deleting it it says access denied on the Wizard and if I try from PC.

Any thoughts?

Later; Lew

delete the shortcut from startup, and then restart the phone.

lewcamino

Jun 21, 2005
Chicago
www.teamcf.net
Yeah... that means im an idiot...

I didn't put a shortcut in the startup folder... I put the exe int he startup folder. Go ahead... point an laugh, lol, I would.

So now knowing that, any other suggestions?

Later; Lew... the dork of the day.

JonnoB

Oct 18, 2005
lewcamino said:
Yeah... that means im an idiot...

I didn't put a shortcut in the startup folder... I put the exe int he startup folder. Go ahead... point an laugh, lol, I would.

So now knowing that, any other suggestions?

Later; Lew... the dork of the day.

you can't delete it because it is running. stop the process (memory cp app) and then delete it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: 0.2 bug

lpasq said:
    buggie-boo: when closing adobe acrobat reader 2.0 using smatskey, system freezes and requires soft-boot.

209134.gif

confirm that 0.3 closes acrobat reader with no hang
    bubism said:
    water said:
    Hi, and thanks for the app!

Just a suggestion: what about making the "volume" key sensitive to the length of the pressure? I mean:

- Short pressure = scroll within the page
    - Prolonged pressure = scroll page by page

I'm using the scrolling feature for Contacts mostly, and such a feature would be VERY helpful there...

1. Your idea is good. but the hardware is not pressure sensitive.
    water

My guess is that there is no need for actual pressure-sensitivity. In fact, it would be possible to check for how many inputs are being cached in a time unit (say, half a second or a second).

If inputs in cache > X then execute a pageup/down scrolling
    In other cases just scroll to the next/previous item

I quit programming back in the C-64 days, though, so I might be quite off the mark...

Okay, I know what u mean now. I will check if it is possible.

water
    andonevris said:
    water said:
    talkingbollox said:
    This is working great except that when I screen toggle and bring the device back into use the CPU defaults back to 180MHz. I have set the speed at 252 in the ini file.

This is wierd as I see that smartskey.lnk is in the windows/startup folder and a wakeup event points to this shortcut. :?:

Yes, I also find this sometime, seems the OS won't send wakeup event to my program if you on and off the phone in a short period. I will check how to fix this.

water

I'm getting this problem too. A fix would be very nice indeed :)

As others have said, many thanks for a superb little app. Couldn't live without it now.

Top man

The OS seems won't send wkeup event for quick power off and on. You know the notification queue of wince is not so reliable... but generally, it should keep the cpu speed of your phone.

water
    Hi Water,

i have still problems to get the latest version running: Maybe i have started smartskey once from the storage card (i have copied the porggi from PC to Mini SD and then i moved (really a move) the files to the PPCs main memory). Now i get every time i switch on the PDA the error message: "Can not open 'Storage Card/.../Smartskey.exe'".

I dont get rid of it: I deactivated smartskey by starting the exe from the other location in the main memory by starting smartkey again. The normal window appears which ask me if i really want to close it. I pressed yes. I removed the link in the autosart folder and resetted the device. Nothing helps. The warning is back again as soon as i switch on the PDA - although i havent started smartskey any more.

Have you got some hints?