Enable proximity sensor

Search This thread

aidanbree

Apr 20, 2005
I am looking to find out how to enable the proximity sensor. When I take my ear away from the handset (e.g. calling a call sensor), it isnt detecting it. I therefore need to press the power button to wake the screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
I am looking to find out how to enable the proximity sensor. When I take my ear away from the handset (e.g. calling a call sensor), it isnt detecting it. I therefore need to press the power button to wake the screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers

If you hold your thumb/finger over the top of the screen to the left of the HTC logo, do you find that the buttons light?

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
Just a thought here, but isn't this the feature of the light sensor? There are two of them in that particular area....

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Just a thought here, but isn't this the feature of the light sensor? There are two of them in that particular area....

Opps, my bad, you're right I'm confusing the two...

Although I don't believe that I've seen any settings that dictate whether the proximity sensor is on or off, on my device it just worked out of the box, switching screen off during call when phone is lifted to ear and back on automatically when pulled away

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App