[Q] What path should I take if I only want Kindle and Comixology functionality?

Search This thread

DSGamer

Dec 11, 2008
I just purchased a Nook Tablet. Moved over from the Kindle Fire because I didn't like how thick the screen was and thus how glossy / reflective it is. I actually don't mind the Nook interface. Literally all I want to do is run the Kindle App for Android along with Comixology. I have purchased significant content on both and I don't want to lose access to it. Otherwise I like the Nook and would be content to just use the stock OS. Is this possible? Or do I have to dual boot?

Reactions: siix89

DSGamer

Dec 11, 2008
So I got this working for the most part. Is there any way to get these apps to appear under the Nook UI? Right now I'm booting into the AWS Home and that's where Kindle is located, etc.

CRE

Feb 24, 2008
Look for an application named "App Manager". It will make shortcuts for whatever app you like on the Nook home screen. It should be easy enough to track down in the Nook Tablet and/or the Nook Color forums.

EDIT: There's a link to the APK for App Manager in post number 5: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1353040

lenardo

Nov 23, 2011
I use homecatcher & go launcher my my homepage, i NEVER use the nook default launcher, i just add shortcuts to the nook apps on my main page, and i one "page" devoted to games...

btw rooted, also install the amazon app store,

better selection AND better prices than the stock b&n store plus they give a paid app away for free a day-i have installed atleast 50 apps this way.

and if you are a prime member, install the amazon video player, though you have to temporarily unroot the tablet (voodoo rootkeeper) to use.

siix89

Apr 11, 2012
Just bought an 8gb NT with 1.42 preloaded and I just want to add the kindle app to it. Do I do everything you do for a 16gb NT?

Top Liked Posts