[=v=] DOMINATE YOUR LG-OPTIMUS-L9-P769 - \m/ (>_<) \m/

Search This thread

villan.co

Jun 27, 2013
villan.me
thanks man! i know there's a LOT of people anxious to get their teeth into this, and i'm staying up as long as i can to get it as close to complete as i can before i crash, so that by the time i wake up, every one is running an unlocked bootloader or a rooted phone - and no one is softbricked.

btw, not sure who to ask, but it says you're a "senior member", so, do you know if i can change my screen name on this site to "villan" (purposely misspelled, to reflect my other project's name (villan.co))?

Last edited:

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
No PBJ for me. :crying: I spent a good 2 hours sending the adb reboot oem-unlock using cmd in Windows with admin. Now, I've spent an hour my Linux Mint laptop. I'm going to keep trying but I'm feeling very silly repeating the commands over and over. Are you sure about this?

Last edited:

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
thanks man! i know there's a LOT of people anxious to get their teeth into this, and i'm staying up as long as i can to get it as close to complete as i can before i crash, so that by the time i wake up, every one is running an unlocked bootloader or a rooted phone - and no one is softbricked.

btw, not sure who to ask, but it says you're a "senior member", so, do you know if i can change my screen name on this site to "villan" (purposely misspelled, to reflect my other project's name (villan.co))?

We don't decide that stuff, admins do, I think

Sent from my LG Optimus L9 running PenberRom5 using Tapatalk 2

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
i'll be trying this today. No wonder it didn't work, i was 20f. Now i have to be mad at T-Mobile and LG. This coming from the same people who brought us the Nexus 4. How could they mess things up this badly?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

do i still have to flash to ICS before 20B?

wilvelas

May 11, 2010
unbrickable?!?

Thanks for dumbing this one down, but I think I managed to screw things up anyways.

I've gotten the dreaded "Security Error" and can't seem to get the phone to be recognized by the computer anymore. I can get the phone to the S/W ugrade screen, the drives load, but the adb, the lg software, fastboot, all don't recognize the phone. Did you ever run into something like this? If so, what methods did you use to unbrick?

Thanks!

** EDIT **
So I was able to finally get it to fastboot using Lelus fastboot package. Kept trying to load the files for JB (option 7), would get the flipped fastboot screen, phone would restart. Would enter S/W update mode but not communicate with KDZ. Instead I used option 5 to load ICS, got the flipped screen again, waited for the phone to restart, entered S/W update mode, and now KDZ connected to the phone. Currently going back to stock before trying unlock boot loader again :D Cheers

Last edited:

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks for dumbing this one down, but I think I managed to screw things up anyways.

I've gotten the dreaded "Security Error" and can't seem to get the phone to be recognized by the computer anymore. I can get the phone to the S/W ugrade screen, the drives load, but the adb, the lg software, fastboot, all don't recognize the phone. Did you ever run into something like this? If so, what methods did you use to unbrick?

Thanks!

yeah, he unbricked it. He'll have to answer that when he gets back on.

LaDY Vengeance

Aug 27, 2013
Philadelphia
Did you do this without a sim that may be very important

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Okay... I'm going to trust you and try your method again tonight. Can you explain if you copied over the Lelus root while flashing and if you flashed the L9Recovery to flash the radio?

I think with this phone, the smallest details are what open the gates to freedom. How many hours did you spend sending the adb commands? I started feeling like a crazy person after a while.... lol.

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
when i try to run the adb reboot oem-unlock command it says device not found. Even though i can do adb shell and su. What gives?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

BpV7Yoq.jpg

does it have anything to do with me uninstalling all the bloat?

Last edited:

omgbossis21

Jul 7, 2013
arma
when i try to run the adb reboot oem-unlock command it says device not found. Even though i can do adb shell and su. What gives?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

BpV7Yoq.jpg

does it have anything to do with me uninstalling all the bloat?

In shell its just reboot OEM-unlock

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i can not help those who see no need for help. good luck with life. thread closed.
    as much as @omgbossis21 doesn't like getting excited: this device can be unlocked over usb.

because i can't get gcc to compile, due to a configuration problem there is a lack of documentation for, i decided to do a quick bit of research into i2c.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I²C
    http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/usb_i2c_tech.htm
    http://svn.peeklinux.com/trunk/peek-build/m23/csw-system/drv_app/i2c/i2c_hw_functions.h

those tools that @LaDY Vengeance linked to may be using the same method (see, i told you they might help some one in the future ;)).

i opened a hex editor and created a binary file to send instructions over usb, and haven't gotten it to work so far, but, i've never written to a usb socket/tty before, either...

i think the slave register's (OMAP_I2C_SA_REG) address offset is 0x0b or 0xac, depending on which struct is being used (neither of which make since, if they are 16-pin registers, the address of the 2nd register should be 0x10, which i HAVE seen in code, but, i2c.h suggests differently). the internal address SHOULD be 0x00 0x00, since it's an instruction, and not a reference to a data payload in memory, and the byte length SHOULD be 0x02, and the data payload, or, "command", itself, is 0xaa 0xdc. i don't know what the BASE memory offset would be, if any, and, i don't know if there is a protocol setup required, or, if it is accepted raw data as instructions/payload. perhaps a more experienced systems programmer might know how to put all that together to create a hack.

the unlock hack may end up being some thing like:
    Code:
    cat /storage/software/android/villan.hack > /dev/ttyACM0

and the contents of hack should be in instruction format, which should look some thing like this:
    Code:
    0x56 0x10 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xAA 0xDC

but i2c.h defined the I2C_FUNC_SMBUS_WRITE_WORD_DATA command to be 0x00400000, so, it COULD be like this:
    Code:
    0x00 0x40 0x00 0x00 0x02 0xAA 0xDC

okay, i'm in over my head with this stuff... i'm going to get back to the "easy" way, of trying to compile a damned u-boot... if i can get gcc to resolve my damned path...
    So this rom your compiling from source (without x and u partition source) is gonna unlock the bootloader on second install? By installing a ported Loki image? By a modified x and/or u partition with the LG signature that you cracked (nope). Because you found a Backdoor in to omaps secure storage(doubt it)? BC you found a way to set the unlock flag or efuse and will only share it via your rom? Lets not hype people up, if you actually do it just release it. If you come across important info and wanna share please do.

1: no trolling
    2: read the thread
    3: if you know some thing i don't know, please share, as every one else is doing

now, in case you missed it, or, didn't catch what my intentions were, i found the place in the code where the bootloader gets unlocked. i don't know how to write it into a c-binary that can access the kernel on a rooted phone, nor a java apk, AND, we NEED a newer STOCK rom any way, so, i'm just going to compile a new stock rom, with the bootloader hack in it. as far as "signing" it, i assume since it's LGs source code, it will have the tools in it to sign each image, or, it will be bootable because the build process has tools for signing it. it should end up like the v20b that @cyanogen prepared for LG. this should be the pretty much same as the previous "b" rom, just, updated for the 769s, and with the bootloader hack in it. if you don't think this can be done, then tell me why. don't just "troll", try "helping" instead.