[Q] How do I recover my phone through Odin using a backup ESF .tar file

Search This thread

rilesbriles

Dec 3, 2013
I was installing android 4.4 and when I rebooted my phone I got a message saying that I'm running an authorized version of software and I need to go to a verizon store. I am not able to boot in recovery mode, it always goes back to the verizon screen. I've been trying to flash my backup ESF I made through EFS Professional using Odin but I always get this:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> efs.img.ext4
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> nvrebuild1.bin
<ID:0/003> nvrebuild2.bin
<ID:0/003> tz.mbn
<ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1).

I also get SECURE CHECK FAIL : tz in odin mode on my phone.

Any suggestions for me?

Last edited:

skyss07

Mar 10, 2013
Okay for your problem, if you can go to Download Mode and your recovery back to its stock form, your last option will be flashing it through Odin. There are several method and guides How to Flash via Odin. I will link to you all the guide and try it so your phone will be back to normal. Choose only 1 method

1.) [HOW-TO] Unbrick your soft bricked Galaxy S III (+ bootloader brick)

2.) Verizon Offcial VRBMB1 Odin Files, VRBMF1 Odin Files, and VRBMF1 Update Files

Must read first the guide and download all the necessary.

If your phone gets revived, you can try this method and choose TWRP recovery and update the recovery.

Click Here If Your Ready To Root/Unlock Bootloader/Flash Recovery

Note: You know the responsibility when you root your phone, I am not nor them who created this thread have no responsibility to your phone, it is your choice.