My HTC One came with s-off already?

Search This thread

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Hi,

After i've been playing with samsung phones i decided to buy an HTC One, but today i started to follow some guides in order to unlock bootloader, root and s-off my device.

My surprise when i pu the phone in bootloader mod is already unlocked and s-off, however when i put in recovery mod the screen was dark and then showed an image with a phone and a red triangle inside i presume that there is no recovery installed and the phone is not rooted.

Here's the bootloader information of my device:

***UNLOCKED***
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF RH
CID-HTC__304
HBOOT-1.56.0000
RADIO-4A.23.3263.28
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-4.19.401.9
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Feb 7 2014,01:06:01.0

I need your help. What am i suppose to do now? Root my device and install a recovery?

Thx :)

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Technically, there *is* a recovery, just a stock recovery (the red triangle is normal with the stock recovery).

With S-Off, you can do anything. Of course a good place to start would be to flash a custom recovery. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: HC4Life

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Technically, there *is* a recovery, just a stock recovery (the red triangle is normal with the stock recovery).

With S-Off, you can do anything. Of course a good place to start would be to flash a custom recovery. ;)

So my next step is flash a custom recovery and then root my device?

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

If you want to root just flash latest twrp recovery (2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4). enter recovery then exit and you'll be prompted to root your phone.

You'll be prompted with something similar to this:

unlock-bootloader-install-twrp-root-google-play-edition-htc-one.w654.jpg

swipe to install then when the phone reboot, go in your app drawer and complete the root installation by opening the SuperSu app.

either ''play'' or ''twrp'' methos should work with s-off.

Last edited:

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
If you want to root just flash latest twrp recovery (2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4). enter recovery then exit and you'll be prompted to root your phone.

swipe to install then when the phone reboot, go in your app drawer and complete the root installation by opening the SuperSu app.

Nice. So only have to download the last TWRP recovery and flash it. One more question how to flash a custom recovery?

alray

May 22, 2012
Nice. So only have to download the last TWRP recovery and flash it. One more question how to flash a custom recovery?

boot your phone in bootloader mode
select ''fastboot'' then connect usb cable to computer
open a cmd prompt from your adb/fastboot folder

Code:
fastboot flash recovery <name_of_recovery_file>.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

make sure you download the correct recovery that match your phone variant. i.e don't use a sprint (M7_WLS) twrp recovery on your device (M7_UL)
and make sure to save the recovery .img file in your fastboot/adb folder prior to flashing it.

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore

Code:

make sure you download the correct recovery that match your phone variant. i.e don't use a sprint (M7_WLS) twrp recovery on your device (M7_UL)
and make sure to save the recovery .img file in your fastboot/adb folder prior to flashing it.

Everything went well. Now can i flash any rom?

alray

May 22, 2012

Yes, with s-off you can flash either a sense based custom rom or gpe custom rom. Be sure to use a rom intended for M7_U or M7_UL. Don't flash any sprint rom (WLS). Also make a Nandroid backup of your phone trough twrp before you flash a rom and save a copy on your computer.

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Yes, with s-off you can flash either a sense based custom rom or gpe custom rom. Be sure to use a rom intended for M7_U or M7_UL. Don't flash any sprint rom (WLS). Also make a Nandroid backup of your phone trough twrp before you flash a rom and save a copy on your computer.

Thx bro for the tips. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code: