Galaxy s3 screen not rotating please help me

Search This thread

Leo-2011

Oct 15, 2011
Sorry if is not posted on right forum.

I started having problems with rotation of my screen with my galaxy s3. I never had any problems with rotation of screen but started last night with no reason. I haven't changed anything on the phone and I didn't install any new application but screen wouldn't go to landscape position. The I checked everything restarted several times, battery pulled several times no luck. I had all galaxy line phones but never had same issues. I am really upset about it. Please help if you experienced same issues.

Thank you so much :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vikesh-raj

Oct 20, 2012

I started having problems with rotation of my screen with my galaxy s3. I never had any problems with rotation of screen but started last night with no reason. I haven't changed anything on the phone and I didn't install any new application but screen wouldn't go to landscape position. The I checked everything restarted several times, battery pulled several times no luck. I had all galaxy line phones but never had same issues. I am really upset about it. Please help if you experienced same issues.

Did you disable Auto Rotate ?

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

If that's your phone you are in the wrong forum this is I9300 forum .

Answer given may not apply to a non I9300 but its worth checking the Play store .

jje

Reactions: Leo-2011

Leo-2011

Oct 15, 2011

Just wanted to say that this worked for me as well!
I am not sure if this worked but I got it fixed only in odin mode.
I found below instructions on the forum.
In order to get into odin mode, hold the volume down, home, and power buttons when powering on your phone. Then just hit volume up when it prompts you to.
I hope this fixed.

Thanks again

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
How does using the accelemeter checker fix the problem

Who said it fixes the problem? As the app name says, its checking if his accelemeter works or not. It might be spoilt. And therefore MIGHT tell him wats the problem.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
Give a thank if I helped you. :)

n0013z

Oct 31, 2013
Who said it fixes the problem? As the app name says, its checking if his accelemeter works or not. It might be spoilt. And therefore MIGHT tell him wats the problem.

iv tried all the fixes i can find, dropping, smacking, odin mode, playing a racing game (NFS) checking and unchecking, nothing seems to work Screenshot_2013-12-25-11-52-59.png
Screenshot_2013-12-25-11-53-11.png
this is the result from acelemeter checker.
any other method i can try that might work?

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
iv tried all the fixes i can find, dropping, smacking, odin mode, playing a racing game (NFS) checking and unchecking, nothing seems to workView attachment 2474151
View attachment 2474152
this is the result from acelemeter checker.
any other method i can try that might work?

I am not the one who suggested the check of accelemeter but can u make the image bigger?

n0013z

Oct 31, 2013
I am not the one who suggested the check of accelemeter but can u make the image bigger?

clicking on the image enlarges it
tried playing a youtube video and it went in landscape mode. when same when playing a racing game but the 'tilt to turn' doesnt work. not sure if this will help to show a problem.
would a custom rom flash solve this problem im currently on 4.1.1 stock but willing to try anything

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
tried playing a youtube video and it went in landscape mode. when same when playing a racing game but the 'tilt to turn' doesnt work. not sure if this will help to show a problem.
would a custom rom flash solve this problem im currently on 4.1.1 stock but willing to try anything

Sure.... Maybe try updating to 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387990036446.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387990036446.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: n0013z

leezrd

Nov 18, 2010
charleston,sc usa
Fix auto rotate

Worked for me.. Uncheck auto rotation then turn off phone, take out sim card and battery wait 5 seconds then put both back in and boot phone, wait about 15 seconds to boot completely then turn on auto rotation.. Bam working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check your accelerometer with apps from the play store
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

If that's your phone you are in the wrong forum this is I9300 forum .

Answer given may not apply to a non I9300 but its worth checking the Play store .

jje
    How I can do that?

search on the play store for accelerometer checking apps?

Sure.... Maybe try updating to 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-I9300.
    Give a thank if i helped you. :)