[Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich [TABLET TWEAKED][CM7]

Search This thread

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
The theme kinda doesn't work on 7.2 Mirage now. The notifications are black on black so they are impossible to see. There is also a notification circle on the status bar all the time.

I had somewhat the same problem, it was working one day on Mirage's build then the other day I couldn't read the notifications, no idea why since I didn't update the rom nor change the theme in any way. When Mirage released a new build I just updated the ROM and voila it worked.

My advice is to flash or re-flash the newest mirage build. But my problem might not be the same as yours, anyways you got nothing to lose.

The theme kinda doesn't work on 7.2 Mirage now. The notifications are black on black so they are impossible to see. There is also a notification circle on the status bar all the time.

It just started happening with the latest build. Not sure what changed. If the next mirage build doesn't fix it, I'll have to revert to my backup. This theme isn't being developed anymore.

Edit: Can't download the compatibility theme. Minus says file not available.

Last edited:

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Rehosted the files on to my private server. DOWNLOAD, DOWNLOAD MY CREATIONS!
Young+Frankenstein2.jpg

rmbrug

Mar 22, 2012
No apk

When I click the download link in the original post, I get a zip filled with folders and files (assets, META-INF, RES, etc.). I cannot find an .apk file.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
When I click the download link in the original post, I get a zip filled with folders and files (assets, META-INF, RES, etc.). I cannot find an .apk file.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

All the links except the Beautiful Weather themes are to APK files, it seems like you are unzipping the APK files.

IFLATLINEI

Dec 27, 2010
Thanks joenathane

Thanks for all your hard work putting this theme together. I came to the party rather late and unfortunately I'm using it in a less than perfect state but love it anyways. So my notification windows is broken. I don't need it. There's also a little blue circle on my task bar that I assume doesn't belong but it doesn't look bad sitting there. I'm probably going to keep using it. Hell maybe ill try to fix it (Yeah right!). Atleast till I'm ready for ICS and ICS is ready for me.

With that being said....is there no one who can fix it? Hahaha kidding.....but not really lol. Anyways best of luck in future projects and thanks again. Best theme I've ever had for the Nook Color.

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
Hey, joenathane. Been a long time. I was one of your avid followers on this thread of yours before I has my Nook Color pawned. xD I just got it back and I'm trying to make the theme work and for some reason I'm having trouble with it. Last time I checked, there was a flashable zip that I also need to flash via recovery but now I only see an APK on the OP. Does the APK has all it needs to function correctly? I'm getting FCs whenever I try applying it via Theme Chooser.

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
Hey, joenathane. Been a long time. I was one of your avid followers on this thread of yours before I has my Nook Color pawned. xD I just got it back and I'm trying to make the theme work and for some reason I'm having trouble with it. Last time I checked, there was a flashable zip that I also need to flash via recovery but now I only see an APK on the OP. Does the APK has all it needs to function correctly? I'm getting FCs whenever I try applying it via Theme Chooser.

What's good dude? Been a long time.

I've haven't had a nook for for the better part of a year now and my HP Touchpad is running CM9.

Try the compatibility version, it's not as fully featured but the regular version redirects some XMLs from the systemui.apk, those XMLs are very build specific, that is why you are getting those FCs.

(The flashable zip you remember used to replace those XMLs but I figured out how to make the theme chooser do that).

Reactions: les02jen17

les02jen17

Jun 10, 2011
Manila
What's good dude? Been a long time.

I've haven't had a nook for for the better part of a year now and my HP Touchpad is running CM9.

Try the compatibility version, it's not as fully featured but the regular version redirects some XMLs from the systemui.apk, those XMLs are very build specific, that is why you are getting those FCs.

(The flashable zip you remember used to replace those XMLs but I figured out how to make the theme chooser do that).

@joenathane: compatibility mode solved it. Though I kinda miss the feature wherein we can have the back button as the first soft button on the left then home, then menu, then quick notifications... I remember we used to do that with flashable zips after applying the theme. I guess you can't bring that back, since you don't have Thanks anyways man. Anyone still watching joe's thread that still have those files?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

joenathane

Oct 19, 2010
Phoenix
@joenathane: compatibility mode solved it. Though I kinda miss the feature wherein we can have the back button as the first soft button on the left then home, then menu, then quick notifications... I remember we used to do that with flashable zips after applying the theme. I guess you can't bring that back, since you don't have Thanks anyways man. Anyone still watching joe's thread that still have those files?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

The files would have to be updated to match the newer build you are using, that's why you get force closes with the standard version.

I could try to make a newer build of the theme when I have some free time in the up coming days, but it may be near to impossible since I have no way to test. Don't expect anything but I'll look into it.

Also, if anyone wants to take over where I left off, feel free to use my work, I have zero issues with that.

Reactions: les02jen17

tuffasagong

Mar 13, 2012
Hey, this is a really nice theme, thanks alot. I started trying CM10 betas for the Nook Color but I was having too many issues, so went back to CM 7.2 and at least it looks a bit like CM10 till they get it more stable. Thanks!

Reactions: joenathane

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for all CM7 Tablet users who want a taste of ICS. I will post my progress and take request on this thread. Happy themeing!
    END OF LIFE

I do not have any devices running CM7 any longer, so I cannot continue development on this theme - being A) I have no way to test the builds -and- B) It's not very fun developing something you don't personally use

Sorry for that people... I hope to continue creating themes once the theme chooser for CM9 gets baked in. Until then I hope people can continue enjoying this theme as is. :)
    1/4/12

This build is mainly to smooth off some of the rough edges, the only device I have left running CM7 is my Touchpad which looks like it will be getting ICS very soon. I have a borrowed Droid X here I used to help make some of the change in this release.

I have added compatibility versions for those who have experienced issues installing this theme.

Thanks and peace to all!

Download links and instructions below
    Some Screenshots(not all up to date)

iFWqpzCFS5rvg.jpg

iS44hrAEjIc6u.jpg

ibaKu3Z5Gxv6bb.png

iArxek3s4yort.png
    My setup
    -LauncherPro Plus w/ 10 columns X 10 rows
    -Beautiful Widgets -Super Clock(Tablet)
    -Minimalistic Text
    -MultiPicture Live-Wallpaper
    -Some of my wallpapers http://min.us/mvkEMQF#12g
    Download
    Ice Cream Sandwich Theme

http://goo.gl/9Uxmg

Small clock version
    http://goo.gl/ruDnO

Compatibility version
    http://min.us/mGRHgHHmD#3o
    http://goo.gl/NUEGD
    Phone version
    http://min.us/mGRHgHHmD#4ohttp://goo.gl/Erv39
    Compatibility version(if you have issues installing the standard version)
    http://min.us/mGRHgHHmD#5ohttp://goo.gl/rLgzj
    Beautiful Widgets themes
    http://min.us/mGRHgHHmD#6ohttp://goo.gl/GK4DH

place in the /data/beautifulwidgets/ folder on your SD card, then the skins will show up in your skins section for the Super Clock and Weather.
    Install Instructions
    -Download the theme apk

-Use a file browser like Astro or the included CM7 file manager to navigate to the apk and install it.

-Once it is installed open your app drawer and find and open the Theme Chooser app, select the theme and hit apply and then apply anyway.

-Reboot and enjoy life :)

Recommended

To get the best use of the theme turn compact carrier label on, it's under CyanogenMod Settings>Interface>Status bar tweaks>

Also make sure to change your notification power widget indicator color under the >interface>CyanogenMod settings, I recommend #ff00ddff .
    Uninstall Instructions

Open Theme Chooser and apply an alternative theme, then go to settings->applications->manage applications-> then find Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet Tweaked Theme and uninstall it. If you've installed the flashable ZIP, you'll need to either reflash your current build with the CWM or grab a "stock" SystemUI.apk and replace the modified version with it. Then go jump off a cliff :D
    I WAS ABLE TO DO IT!!!! :D

I've implemented all the changes all through the theme chooser theme! Which means no more MetaMorphs or Flashing zips! Ice Cream Sandwich Tablet Tweaked Beta 1 coming very soon! I'm just going to test it for a little bit to make sure there are no bugs.
    I'm going to recompile this theme for the CM 7.2 stable, for all those staying with Gingerbread, expect the build in within the next couple of days.
    Have a bit of free time and looking at this theme but I'm not really seeing anything that I feel needs attention... At a point changing things just to change them will probably result in a worse theme.

My thoughts now are on themeing Ice Cream Sandwich itself as that will be the OS of choice here soon enough. In the mean time I may be done here, unless someone could convince me of some changes that I need to or should make to improve the theme.

I'm not saying that this theme is perfect in any way but the idea of this theme was to reasonably emulate the feel of ICS and I think I have accomplished that in my little way.

Sorry if that is a disappointment to any of you, I just think I've reached the end of my creativity on this theme.
    Accurate Battery Framework Mods + ICS Beta 1 Theme APK

Well I spent a few hours compiling the framework mod and ICS Beta 1 theme apks so we could have a 1% interval accurate battery mod and battery icon choices instead of the crappy 5% interval battery that comes on stock CM7 Alpha 3. Please follow the steps below to implement the accurate battery mod. I have also included a CWM flashable for both XRON-fied Beta 1 and CM7 Alpha 3 if you would like to go back to stock. I have included the chroma ICS wallpaper that was used in the screenshots in the shared folder if you would like to see how sharp it looks with these mods. If you like my mods please give me thanks and thank joenathane for doing the dirty work to create the best ICS theme out there!

1.) Download either a CM7 XRON-fied B1(Beta 1)or CM7 Alpha 3 flashable CWM zip with the 1% accurate battery mod of your choice. refer to the screen shots below to choose the accurate battery mod of your choice.
    2.) Download your 1% accurate battery mod theme apk of your choice. I have added the stock ICS wifi signal bars to the theme apks with wifi in their label. I personally like the stock ICS wifi signal bars over the Honeycomb wifi signal bar.
    3.) Install the theme apk of your choice through a file manager or just hit open on it after you download it.
    4.) Go to Theme Chooser and select the the theme you just installed and hit apply.
    5.) Reboot in to CWM Recovery Mode and flash CWM flashable framework zip that has your accurate battery mod of choice and then finally you can reboot the phone and enjoy the way a battery should really look!

I have shared a folder in my mediafire account and you can download all the files of your choice from http://www.mediafire.com/?3ah5c4t5j2858.

0948e6483dd3f04b3ccdb889f3d036bd26c8c8a9ff16b9214bd8d7b115f8c7a66g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Theme + Tiny Accurate Battery Mod

20172566733b600f4f3d7e694aa2a03eb847b885d1b0adbcf2cae66912fcde036g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Theme + Tiny Accurate Battery Mod + ICS Wifi Icons (My Personal Favorite)

1c99ee5dc829414dd3f793d415da44d0a99004d11b113c9301ab078e05a626556g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Small Clock Theme + Tiny Accurate Battery Mod

1e57bf0b2027aba5b12e5f558ad7f8b15ac36f4615069b3ffac29e6306e122116g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Small Clock Theme + Tiny Accurate Battery Mod + ICS Wifi Icons

c96db52ca74cda2a3d4221e7fc72cb8b683753d4523ace4e05df89611d96e84b6g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Theme Small Clock + Segmented Accurate Battery Mod

589dc9cb18d7102957284a1fc29b5d79d9adb15479db3e30466687296cf9b2406g.jpg

ICS Beta 1 Theme + Gingerbread Accurate Battery Mod