Recovery Mode WT19i

Search This thread

lobo115

Jun 21, 2012
Chitre
Hello, i have a question ¿how can i enter to recovery mode in wt19 and what i need to do it?, i try with power and menu, power and camara, power and vol down, power and vol up, power an vol down and vol up, power and vol down several times, even power and walkman, i could flash it with .62 and rooting it, but i want to know if there is a way to boot in recovery. THZ
I dont unlock bootloader, but a friend have a galaxy with bootloader locked and he can user recovery mode.

EDIT
Sorry i did install a custorm kernell and a custom rom, and i forget edit this post, Thank you very much and sorry for inconveniences.

Last edited:

andro-SYR

May 2, 2012
Did u install cwm?what firmware u have?
Cus if u have cwm simply power ur phone and keep pressing vol down

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

Reactions: lobo115

gandhar

Jan 20, 2012
Goa
Hello, i have a question ¿how can i enter to recovery mode in wt19 and what i need to do it?, i try with power and menu, power and camara, power and vol down, power and vol up, power an vol down and vol up, power and vol down several times, even power and walkman, i could flash it with .62 and rooting it, but i want to know if there is a way to boot in recovery. THZ
I dont unlock bootloader, but a friend have a galaxy with bootloader locked and he can user recovery mode.

wt19i does not have a built in recovery like the samsung phones.
you have to install it.
if you have root already, then proceed to this thread and follow instructions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345741

browse the last few pages of that thread, i believe somebody has got it working.

Reactions: lobo115

loCe45

Mar 25, 2012
Varazdin

Unless you're talking about CWM recovery (keep pressing repeatedly volume down when you see Sony logo, until you enter CWM), there's also a so called 'safe mode', check this thread.

othar.pl

Sep 18, 2012
I'm looking for recovery lor my sony wt19i with official 4.0.4(4.1.B.0.587) android.
Phone is already rooted, I got Rom Manager, and I would like to install CM9.1

The only recovery I found was for 2.3 android only. Ao I did not try to install it.
Can you provide me a link or guide me what should I do?

Yes I am noob, but will be thankfull.

mihahn

May 26, 2012
I'm looking for recovery lor my sony wt19i with official 4.0.4(4.1.B.0.587) android.

The only recovery I found was for 2.3 android only. Ao I did not try to install it.

You can't install cyanogenmod before you have unlocked your bootloader. You can unlock by official sony method for developers (look in my signature for a guide) or by testpoint method. Otherwise you can't install a rom for unlocked bootloader because you aren't able to flash a kernel boot.img.

When your bootloader is unlocked, in most custom kernels cwm is integrated ;)

Don't try to flash a rom for unlocked bootloader on a locked bootloader, otherwise your device will brick and you will have to flash the original firmware with flashtool!

Ah btw to install cwm on ics you must have rooted ics (you can't root ics like gingerbread firmware .42, you will have to do it like this) and then you can download the x-parts app from playstore which can automaticly install cwm ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: othar.pl

othar.pl

Sep 18, 2012
I rooted device and have X-Parts.
Installed Recovery 5.5.0.4 by pvyParts.

I am able to restart in recovery mode.

Do I understand it right?
Even if I have recovery installed I won't be able to install CM or other ROM with locked bootloader?

mihahn

May 26, 2012

Even if I have recovery installed I won't be able to install CM or other ROM with locked bootloader?

You can install roms especially made for locked bootloader, like ics based "real ics lite" or "MiniCMSandwich". There are some MIUI rom's around here, too, but stock rom is the smoothest ;)

Reactions: othar.pl

giri.sahu94

Jun 23, 2013
MP
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
how to setup custom rom in lww

actually i hv done root and also installed rom into my device by using "SE_Extreme_Tweak_Installer" and bravia engine as well ....then i installed rom manager v 5.5.2.8 from google play NOW :confused: i dont know what to do ???
please guide me

thanks in advance

giri.sahu94

Jun 23, 2013
MP
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
error while creating recovery

after installation cwm recovery as mentioned that we must take backup from pressing vol - key and selecting backup option...
as same thing i did but during backup process it shows " .android_secure " error .
and i am afraid of that because i don't have any back up file.:rolleyes:

please help me how to fix this problem

thanks

mihahn

May 26, 2012
after installation cwm recovery as mentioned that we must take backup from pressing vol - key and selecting backup option...
as same thing i did but during backup process it shows " .android_secure " error .
and i am afraid of that because i don't have any back up file.:rolleyes:

please help me how to fix this problem

thanks

These are the apps on your sdcard. Be sure you have ca 1,5 gb of free storage on your sdcard when you start the backup. The size depends on how many apps are installed/etc but 1,5 should be good to be on the safe side ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2

Reactions: giri.sahu94

giri.sahu94

Jun 23, 2013
MP
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
sd-ext bot found

while taking backup it says "sd-ext not found and skipping backup" and jumped to another process then backup complete.
for confirmation i did restore ..then it says sd-ext .img not found.

and could anyone explain about sd-ext ?:eek:

mihahn

May 26, 2012
while taking backup it says "sd-ext not found and skipping backup" and jumped to another process then backup complete.
for confirmation i did restore ..then it says sd-ext .img not found.

and could anyone explain about sd-ext ?:eek:

It says sd-ext.img not found on every backup I take so there's no problem. For more information about sd-ext use the search ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2

Reactions: giri.sahu94

giri.sahu94

Jun 23, 2013
MP
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
resting mobile got stuck on SONY logo

i tried to upgrade ICS ROM with [ROM][ICS][LWW]Walkman Xperia™ v2.5 [06.04.2013] which i found on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2196841
as their instructions
(
1.Backup you system
2.Reboot device and go to CWM or TWRP
3.Wipe data, cache, format system, data, cache, dalvik cache
4.Reboot and go to CWM or TWRP )
i did whole thing then after restarting mobile got stuck on SONY logo also i am trying to press vol down key for entering cwm recovery but nothing is happening .:(
please help i have only single fone

:(please

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unless you're talking about CWM recovery (keep pressing repeatedly volume down when you see Sony logo, until you enter CWM), there's also a so called 'safe mode', check this thread.
    Did u install cwm?what firmware u have?
    Cus if u have cwm simply power ur phone and keep pressing vol down

Sent from my WT19i using XDA

wt19i does not have a built in recovery like the samsung phones.
    you have to install it.
    if you have root already, then proceed to this thread and follow instructions.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1345741

browse the last few pages of that thread, i believe somebody has got it working.

You can't install cyanogenmod before you have unlocked your bootloader. You can unlock by official sony method for developers (look in my signature for a guide) or by testpoint method. Otherwise you can't install a rom for unlocked bootloader because you aren't able to flash a kernel boot.img.

When your bootloader is unlocked, in most custom kernels cwm is integrated ;)

Don't try to flash a rom for unlocked bootloader on a locked bootloader, otherwise your device will brick and you will have to flash the original firmware with flashtool!

Ah btw to install cwm on ics you must have rooted ics (you can't root ics like gingerbread firmware .42, you will have to do it like this) and then you can download the x-parts app from playstore which can automaticly install cwm ;)

You can install roms especially made for locked bootloader, like ics based "real ics lite" or "MiniCMSandwich". There are some MIUI rom's around here, too, but stock rom is the smoothest ;)