[Q] CM 11 - Performance tab question/help

Search This thread
T

TjabbyD

Hello xda.

I installed Cyanogenmod on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 today with no problems at all, however I've found something that seems a bit weird. (I know there is supposed to be bugs in nightlies, of course, but I thought i'd ask anyway.)

In the performance settings of the tab, it keeps the minimum CPU frequency to 1190mhz. If I put it to 300mhz, it will work, but as soon as I exit out of the performance tab, it goes back to 1190mhz. I figured that my phone was quite hot when I didn't use it, and that's how I found out.

Have anyone seen this on the latest CM11 nightly for the Note 3? I hope somebody out there know how I can fix it.

Many thanks.

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hello xda.

I installed Cyanogenmod on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 today with no problems at all, however I've found something that seems a bit weird. (I know there is supposed to be bugs in nightlies, of course, but I thought i'd ask anyway.)

In the performance settings of the tab, it keeps the minimum CPU frequency to 1190mhz. If I put it to 300mhz, it will work, but as soon as I exit out of the performance tab, it goes back to 1190mhz. I figured that my phone was quite hot when I didn't use it, and that's how I found out.

Have anyone seen this on the latest CM11 nightly for the Note 3? I hope somebody out there know how I can fix it.

Many thanks.

try set cpu app or use temask kernel found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687074&page=3

T

TjabbyD

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've heard a little about kernels. The thing is, that this is the first time I've ever put a custom rom on an android device, so I'm not really 100% familiar with all this yet, however if the custom kernel won't be able to brick my phone, I sure would give that a try.

Should I go with the "stable" version or the beta version of the kernel?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've heard a little about kernels. The thing is, that this is the first time I've ever put a custom rom on an android device, so I'm not really 100% familiar with all this yet, however if the custom kernel won't be able to brick my phone, I sure would give that a try.

Should I go with the "stable" version or the beta version of the kernel?

go with beta its very stable just flash with cmw or twrp and dont touch anything

T

TjabbyD

go with beta its very stable just flash with cmw or twrp and dont touch anything

Thank you a lot :)

I'm taking the beta version then!

- So... I just tried to flash it with Odin, but as it is a .zip file and not .tar, I can't do that.

I do have TWRP on my device, so I can use that, I am not very sure on how to do that though?

I'm sorry for the noobish questions. First time I installed a custom rom :)

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Thank you a lot :)

I'm taking the beta version then!

- So... I just tried to flash it with Odin, but as it is a .zip file and not .tar, I can't do that.

I do have TWRP on my device, so I can use that, I am not very sure on how to do that though?

I'm sorry for the noobish questions. First time I installed a custom rom :)

go to twrp then install zip find the kernel press it it will install then reboot should be good to go do a backup just in case :D

T

TjabbyD

go to twrp then install zip find the kernel press it it will install then reboot should be good to go do a backup just in case :D

That sounds amazing!

Thanks for your help man :) I appreciate it!

So, just to be 100% sure, I am going to download and install the "NEW BETA KERNEL v3.02 b1" Right? :)

T

TjabbyD

yes mate

you should try his rom its one of the best cm roms out there

Yeah I've heard a lot about his ROM too, I should have installed that instead of the official nightly, oh well. Perhaps I will soon :)

I really appreciate your help. On to install the kernel now! Hopefully I will get as amazing battery life as the show :)

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah I've heard a lot about his ROM too, I should have installed that instead of the official nightly, oh well. Perhaps I will soon :)

I really appreciate your help. On to install the kernel now! Hopefully I will get as amazing battery life as the show :)

you can just flash over the top with out loosing any data

T

TjabbyD

sembuild articles

download rom on your phone flash it with twrp then flash the same gapps with twrp (must be the same gapps or it will factory reset)
thats it done

That's amazing! :) I'll see if I will do that soon.

I installed the kernel and everything looks fine, however the performance tab is still acting weird. I think I will install a CPU app.

So this is it? There is no new settings I need to check or anything? :)

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
That's amazing! :) I'll see if I will do that soon.

I installed the kernel and everything looks fine, however the performance tab is still acting weird. I think I will install a CPU app.

So this is it? There is no new settings I need to check or anything? :)

nope dont use performance tab at all use this app if you want to play with this settings

Trickser settings
Eco mode - off
MP-Decision - off
Intelli-plugin - on
Dynamic Fsync - on
Governor - Intelli-demand
Scheduler - row

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod&hl=en_GB

T

TjabbyD

nope dont use performance tab at all use this app if you want to play with this settings

Trickser settings
Eco mode - off
MP-Decision - off
Intelli-plugin - on
Dynamic Fsync - on
Governor - Intelli-demand
Scheduler - row

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bigeyes0x0.trickstermod&hl=en_GB

Got everything set up and running now!

Thanks a lot for your help mate! I really appreciate your time! :)

Now I "hopefully" will have amazing battery life just like the other people in the thread! :)