mushipkw

Jul 25, 2006
Pilkhuwa
www.wmskins.com
Im using M600,
AKU 2.3
ROM 2.15.13.27 WWE
ROM date 3/9/06

My camera shows green pixels scattered on the screen wen I overclockd it to 247Mhz with the battery status plugin, N wen I undo d overclocking it works fine.

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
Be happy! My camera doesn't do any more, NOTHING!
I don't know its because of BS. For sure I will format/reset in a couple days my whole device.

Nostramo

Sep 13, 2006
Madrid
Im using M600,
AKU 2.3
ROM 2.15.13.27 WWE
ROM date 3/9/06

My camera shows green pixels scattered on the screen wen I overclockd it to 247Mhz with the battery status plugin, N wen I undo d overclocking it works fine.
It's a known problem of some camera drivers on some devices.
Use "App based overclocking" and set your camera to 195 Mhz. All will work ok ;)

Regards.
Nostramo

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Hello Black-Rose,

Question: how to establish Cpuscaling?
Can you give me an advice?
simply use the default values. I made this for users not to care about the settings in detail..

Set CpuSpeed to: 247 (when I establish at 260, it's not scaling)
Set on Wakeup: not
hm.. can you post your registry-settings (Flags, FlagsExt, AutoScaleSet, AutoScaleSet0, OmapClockSet, RefreshRate) ?

When I click on Extended, I see more values can you explain me how to work whit and the thoughts behind?
It's explained at first post of this thread.

- What do you mean with option 'Show Today-Screen?
This option is available by "On Wakeup"-Tab, which means on wakeup show today screen...

- What do you mean with option 'Round Counter' and how to install?
some mobile providers have plans which makes use of this. As you haven't looked for such a function, i guess you don't need it..
Maybe another user can explain this? It was a hard day today... very tired...

- In the row of Indicators there is a green square with a value. What does it mean/show?
It shows how much your cpu is currently used, that is how much your cpu is just working. 0%..100%..

At option 'Devicelock' there is the option Backlight fix with a value options.
Is this for the backlight that always (at my device) turns on 10 sec.?
Yes, when using devicelock, on some devices the backlight automatically changes to 10ms (also without BatteryStatus).. This option provides you a method to use devicelock and prevent the former.

Be happy! My camera doesn't do any more, NOTHING!
I don't know its because of BS. For sure I will format/reset in a couple days my whole device.
let us know about your results. this could be very useful warning.

kind regards,
ikarus

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
Not really. I was wondering because Battery Status sets the clock rate to 195 MHz when on AC rather than performing autoscaling. Technically one can sync with an application running at a different clock rate.

Hello vsc,
yes it's by design, imagine you're on ac and use your camera.
If there is a scenario where it shouldn't, then we can make it chooseable/optional. Are there?

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Not really. I was wondering because Battery Status sets the clock rate to 195 MHz when on AC rather than performing autoscaling. Technically one can sync with an application running at a different clock rate.
hm... i'm not sure of that... on ac autoscaling is okay and could be enabled (but needs some code and i don't know if this is really needed).

Also i experienced switching the cpuspeed that often while connected to ActiveSync will confuse the connection.. and that's why cpu-scaling is disabled for a stable ActiveSync-connection.

ActiveSync should be stable on a fixed cpu-speed and that's why app-specific-oc is enabled for usb-connections..

hope this clears some more...

regards,
ikarus

vsc

Mar 3, 2006
Ok that explains why I have been able to sync with a speed other than 195 MHz. To be honest I thought I read that other speeds would prevent sync (e.g. the clock rate would upset the serial USB interface). Thus it would appear that the on chip I/O devices runs off of a clock generator other than the PLL for the core.

hm... i'm not sure of that... on ac autoscaling is okay and could be enabled (but needs some code and i don't know if this is really needed).

Also i experienced switching the cpuspeed that often while connected to ActiveSync will confuse the connection.. and that's why cpu-scaling is disabled for a stable ActiveSync-connection.

ActiveSync should be stable on a fixed cpu-speed and that's why app-specific-oc is enabled for usb-connections..

C

clown

hi ikarus, for some reasons unknown, charging appears to be normal again when i started testing the latest version.. guess it's a glitch or somethin.

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
Hello Black-Rose,
hm.. can you post your registry-settings (Flags, FlagsExt, AutoScaleSet, AutoScaleSet0, OmapClockSet, RefreshRate) ?
With all pleasure I want to do that for you, but where in the registry must I look?

some mobile providers have plans which makes use of this. As you haven't looked for such a function, i guess you don't need it..
Maybe another user can explain this? It was a hard day today... very tired...
Ok, like my provider does. The first seconds in the first minute is a minute. Doesn't matter you call 10 sec. or 59 sec. You will pay for a minute. After the minute it's per second.

It shows how much your cpu is currently used, that is how much your cpu is just working. 0%..100%..
Ok, that's what I thought. But you can see the value of mhz.
At my pc I use Stattbar.

Yes, when using devicelock, on some devices the backlight automatically changes to 10ms (also without BatteryStatus).. This option provides you a method to use devicelock and prevent the former.
Mine device is turning on 10sec too. This is a good tool, but not for me... :(
I don't use devicelock, I only use the standby.

let us know about your results. this could be very useful warning.
I will do! Please write me where in the registry I've t look.

kind regards,

Feb 8, 2006
Name Opérator....

Hi Ikarus,

For HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name, i have 'BOUYGTEL'
and i give you 2 screens of my TodayPage.

Sometimes, after a soft reset, i lost more caracters like % or the first BO and EL.

Thanks for yours answers and for you software.

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
hi ikarus, for some reasons unknown, charging appears to be normal again when i started testing the latest version.. guess it's a glitch or somethin.
that's great. If it is really a problem caused by BatteryStatus, then we should try solving it.

Hi Ikarus,

For HKLM\System\State\Phone\Current Operator Name, i have 'BOUYGTEL'
and i give you 2 screens of my TodayPage.

Sometimes, after a soft reset, i lost more caracters like % or the first BO and EL.

Thanks for yours answers and for you software.
Hello poisson_rouge5, i c.. it seems vga was not recognized. Do you use the recent version on first post of this thread? (build 0146)

With all pleasure I want to do that for you, but where in the registry must I look?
at first post of this thread there is the registry-key of BatteryStatus
1. Start the registry-editor and navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items
Ok, like my provider does. The first seconds in the first minute is a minute. Doesn't matter you call 10 sec. or 59 sec. You will pay for a minute. After the minute it's per second.
you got it ;)
enter 60 into the first edit-box and 1 into the second...

Ok, that's what I thought. But you can see the value of mhz.
At my pc I use Stattbar.
i don't understand.

Mine device is turning on 10sec too. This is a good tool, but not for me... :(
I don't use devicelock, I only use the standby.
oh, but isn't it dangerous when you accidentally wakeup your device or accidentally make a phone call? This could happen without locked buttons..

ikarus

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
Doesn't matter, isn't important.
Or really want to know. ;)

oh, but isn't it dangerous when you accidentally wakeup your device or accidentally make a phone call? This could happen without locked buttons..
When my device is in standby modus, it only kan wakeup with the standy button. Other buttons doesn't do anything in standby modus.
When I wake up my device, it's shows a screen of Owner Information:
My info like address and home phone number (if someone find my device) and my medical info (I've heart problems and the mobile phone has saved my lives several times).

Black-Rose

Oct 21, 2006
Hello Black-Rose,
When I can help you, offcourse!
Here they come!

RefreshRate: value = 128005 (decimal)
OmapClockSet: value = 7756 (decimal)
AutoScaleSet0: value = 23090 (decimal)
AutoScaleSet: value = 1951303952 (decimal)
FlagsExt: value = 29360192 (decimal)
Flags: value = 690024624 (decimal)

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
When my device is in standby modus, it only kan wakeup with the standy button. Other buttons doesn't do anything in standby modus.
you're right :)
A task-reminder, sms, calender-reminder or notification as well as a phone call can wakeup the device....

Question: I want to move the "turn off display"-icon to context-menu and make it without invoking devicelock. Any comments?

..I've heart problems and the mobile phone has saved my lives several times...
oh, so you must be more careful than others when tweaking the device ;)
Thanks for your registry-settings. maybe i can figure out why your device doesn't scale with 260MHz.

regards,
ikarus

Nostramo

Sep 13, 2006
Madrid
Question: I want to move the "turn off display"-icon to context-menu and make it without invoking devicelock. Any comments?
May be you could copy to context-menu instead of move? Tray icon is a good way for me, and I think making it without invoking devicelock is a great idea.

Regards.
Nostramo

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
Hi Ikarus,

My version is the 0.03.201 Build 0123.
Is there another one ?

Thanks for yours answers
oh, that's the problem. Resolution-Awareness will be introduced with the new version, but you can test it with the build 0146 at first post of this thread.
Note: there are two paint-methods. One for qvga and one for other resolutions. This is more efficient and painting is faster but increase the codesize a little (~1k).
That is if there is a difference between painting of BatteryStatus on your 9100 and 9000, then let me know.

regards,
ikarus

ikarus

Oct 26, 2005
www.chi-tai.net
1000 / 1001 postings here !!! :D

May be you could copy to context-menu instead of move? Tray icon is a good way for me, and I think making it without invoking devicelock is a great idea.
hm.. If you could turn of the display with context-menu (at taskbar on top) e.g. while tcpmp is in foreground.. would you use the tray-icon?

more comments?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good luck with the exams, although after seeing your skills with this project, i'm sure you will pass with flying colours ;)
    thanks a lot :D
    I hope i will make it, but i'm always being nervous in exams...

Your program work very good with me,but it can't auto scale the speed and can't change about LCD. It's good if you can add more option like those in your program :)
    okay... there are a lot of interesting suggestions for further additions, so lets see what comes next.

btw. are there any htc hermes (xda trion) users using BatteryStatus (beside the one i have email-contact with) and having issues?
    Also getting probs trying to download from website. Anywhere else I can get this?!

Ta....
    Wisbar Desktop And Batterystatus

when i use WISBAR DESKTOP it actually shows BATTERYSTATUS with correct data on meters, but every time i try to configure it, - a message that batterystatus disabled appears.... is it actually overclocking my processor while in wisbar desktop mode??
    did you do that as mentioned directly after the title (first page):
    - Copy CallLogs.exe to the same directory as BSCallTimes.xml

if yes, then i guess your xml-file is corrupt. The last 3 users having a corrupt xml-file tried to keep a big flat file by renaming and merging the xml-files. You should do that only if you know when an xml-file is well-formed.

Does that help?

I deleted the xml-file and now with a new one I can see the call logs of this period ... another question: Is it possible to see the call logs of a previous period? How? I notice the xml-files are backuped with the date appended to its name. How can I read this files? Thanks.