Indexservice - Problem with

Search This thread

M3r71n0

Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys,
my GT-N9005 has this problem
"the program indexservice was arrested" (in Italiano " il programma IndexService è stato arrestato")
the message shows up every now and continuously, does anyone know why?

--Update--
The service scan the file pdf, doc, xls, etc (no media) possibly for S-Finder

--Update 2--
Ok, the Indexservice arrested if file (pdf, doc, xls) is > 200MB

Last edited:

fscherz

May 12, 2011
I have same problem!
I did not find any file >200MB (I had one MP4 but deleted it).
Because it came every view minutes I freezed now S Finder and the service itself with Titanium Backup and will see if it still appears!

wai999

Sep 30, 2013
im having same problem. keep pop up the message 'unfortunately, indexservice has stopped.'

wat is this actually?

ahmedo2

May 3, 2007
hi I have same problem I changed the phone continue same with the second one what is it

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
hi I have same problem I changed the phone continue same with the second one what is it

I've fixed mine now. I used a USB card holder to copy my card to then formated my SD & put everything back on one folder at a time.
Once the folder was identified I put small groups of files on until phone froze & eventuality identified the file.
The culprit was a 2.74mb .PDF file that contained text & pictures.

(That file had been on a Note 2 & a Note 1 before that with no issues.)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ristiisa

Feb 18, 2009
Tallinn
I had bunch of files in Dropbox including large pdf files (from 400mb), I disabled the Document Sync and the problem went away...

Last edited:

Max_32

Oct 7, 2013
For me the culprit was a corrupted pdf file. My Note3 was fine after I deleted that file.
Moreover I found that the indexservice process is taking more cpu and time when I have more number of pdf files in my memory card.
So, right now either you can put less number of pdf files on your device to avoid the lag or just wait till the indexing completes.

After the indexing completes, the device works as wonderfully as it was working before inserting my memory card.

Hope I helped...Cheers!!!

goforce87

Oct 23, 2013
Hey guys,
my GT-N9005 has this problem
"the program indexservice was arrested" (in Italiano " il programma IndexService è stato arrestato")
the message shows up every now and continuously, does anyone know why?

--Update--
The service scan the file pdf, doc, xls, etc (no media) possibly for S-Finder

--Update 2--
Ok, the Indexservice arrested if file (pdf, doc, xls) is > 200MB

Il mio file pdf é di 6MB e pgni volta che lo salvo e apro mi da l'errore indexservice è stato interrotto.