Search This thread

Holgott

Sep 20, 2011
Give us other examples, as pin is known.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Prime guide`s widget looks ugly too. That's just an example and I think these two are not the only ones. Well, is there allrdy a solution or do I rly have to change dpi to have all things looking good?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oL00No

Jun 11, 2012
Prime guide`s widget looks ugly too. That's just an example and I think these two are not the only ones. Well, is there allrdy a solution or do I rly have to change dpi to have all things looking good?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is ONE bug. How 3rd party widgets look on various launchers is hardly a problem people here would care about.

240 dpi is standard. Rom has 1 bug. Change if you want.

sulligogs

Mar 11, 2012
Google+ has stopped

Hi,

Installed omni-4.4-kernel-21-12-CWM.zip and booted into recovery. Then wiped cache and dalvik and installed the following zips in the same order:-

omni-4.4.2-20131221-i9100-NIGHTLY.zip
pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.2-20131215-signed.zip
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip

Wiped cache and Dalvik again

I boot into Omni and get a black screen with the status bar for a few seconds and then the error that Google+ isn't properly installed followed by Google+ has stopped.

I can get into Settings, but can't use a Launcher.

Anybody else have this?

oL00No

Jun 11, 2012
Hi,

Installed omni-4.4-kernel-21-12-CWM.zip and booted into recovery. Then wiped cache and dalvik and installed the following zips in the same order:-

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip

I boot into Omni and get a black screen with the status bar for a few seconds and then the error that Google+ isn't properly installed followed by Google+ has stopped.

Anybody else have this?

Full wipe

Ultimate Chicken

Jan 30, 2006
Dang. Found out the hard way that exfat isn't supported on the ROM side yet.

In the process of converting my SD card back to fat32.

Consider this advance warning for newbies.

sulligogs

Mar 11, 2012
Full wipe

I've already full wiped before and after flashing and flashed the files again.

Never had a problem with CyanogenMod from version 7 onwards. This is the first time I've come across this.

Flashed back CWM 6.0.2.9 and restored my CM backup.

Thanks again

dany547

Feb 8, 2008
Iași
www.geekchronicles.ro
Hi,

UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip

Anybody else have this?

you need to have the latest CWM or TWRP, factory reset+ wipe dalvik, install the rom and the gapps provided here

sulligogs

Mar 11, 2012
you need to have the latest CWM or TWRP, factory reset+ wipe dalvik, install the rom and the gapps provided here

Thanks dany,

I did start again with flashing the latest kernel and TWRP omni-4.4-kernel-21-12-CWM.zip and then the latest ROM omni-4.4.2-20131221-i9100-NIGHTLY.zip. I left out GAPPS completely and flashed UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip.

Same thing.

I might try again with just the GAPPS provided when I have more time.

Thanks again.

nerotix

Mar 19, 2011
Utrecht
What are the major bugs at this point? I mean.. how are the random reboot? They still really present or?

chandu9013

Jul 5, 2011
Chennai
What are the major bugs at this point? I mean.. how are the random reboot? They still really present or?

Random reboots are very rare.Haven't experienced them on the last three nightlies.
The other major bug is with sd.Copying large files from internal to external hangs after some progress post which device also starts heating up.

Reactions: pierx

gohanSS

Dec 7, 2010
Hi guys
I have tried for the first time Omnirom with latest build, but at first boot after installation the setup wizard keps crashing and doesn't allow me to configure anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I9100

Hi guys, this is the development forum for OMNI ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II (and its variants) . First of all i want to mention that im not affiliated with OMNI, AOSP,TWRP . This topic is in original development because its OFFICIAL support from OMNI development team. I didnt compile anything.I created the topic because there wasnt an official one related to the rom and also i dont take any credits

NOTE THAT BY FLASHING OMNI ROM OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CUSTOM FIRMWARE, RECOVERY YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. I, MYSELF OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF OMNI, TWRP, AOSP ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTE ALSO THAT YOU WILL FLASH THIS CUSTOM FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

USE THE REVIEW AND BUG REPORT BUTTONS! :highfive:

HOW TO INSTALL THE ROM
    -BACKUP
    -you need CWM version 6.0.4.4 and up or TWRP 2.6.1 and up CLICK HERE
    -copy the zips to your device
    -if you are on Stock ICS, MUST READ THIS
    -if you are on JB a full wipe is needed (factory reset+dalvik cache) or any other form of CUSTOM ROM
    -reboot into recovery
    -install the omni zip
    -install gapps zip
    -for root acces flash SUPER SU 1.91 also
    -wipe cache
    -reboot into system

GAPPS 4.4.2 Google APPS or PA MINI GAPPS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL]OMNI, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    dany547, Entropy
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OMNI
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-09
    Last Updated 2014-07-24
    @XpLoDWilD, Will our i9100 be updated to Android Lollipop ? Thanks.

Yes.
    Known bugs:- ART isnt working
    -some random reboots from time to time

What do you mean ART isn't working? On my personal builds it is working flawlessly and NO random reboots whatsoever AT ALL???

Also I really hate to sound like a douche in saying this, but shouldn't the title of this thread be UNOFFICIAL instead of Official? By official, it implies that the work is yours and you are the official representative of Omni to post Omni builds. Because Codeworx and Entropy are the official devs for the GT-i9100, it is perfectly ok for either of them to post official builds because without them, there wouldn't even be a fully functional CM for this device.

Not trying to make enemies mate, just thought I'd point that out. Forgive me if I am wrong and sorry if I offended you
    Thanks for letting us test your KitKat ROM.

Apps Move to SD card working in this beta?

this is the OFFICIAL 4.4.1 from Omni, its not mine :)
    For root access, there is a new version of SUPER SU on latest omni.

SUPER SU 1.93 : http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu