Possible leaked HTC M8 Screenshots and Device Photos

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

One thing that i want HTC to improve before the unveiling of this phone is their marketing strategy. To be honest, i really hope this phone to be as successful as Samsung or Apple devices because they deserve it. HTC One's design is so revolutionary, i've seen many manufacturers implement this type of design on their tablets and they look better than most of Android tablets out there, except Sony Xperia and LG G Pad 8.3 of course. Maybe, they could make a huge promotion campaign on local television in many countries, like what Oppo, Samsung or Sony did with their devices. I also really hope that HTC patents the design of new HTC One because they deserve it.

Jeez HTC would sell so many of these its not even funny if they did just one thing - set up a demo in the stores of an HTC M8 blasting out tunes. Game over. While its true that the sound quality of the HTC is actually worse in audiophile eyes because of the equalizer settings taking the music out of balance instead of balancing it like they are supposed to, the average consumer (myself included) enjoys the heavy bass hits and apparently Boomsound is even louder and better without Beats now than it was with it.

Seriously, they would fly off the shelves and that set up would benefit carriers too so it would likely not cost HTC anywhere near as much as national TV advertisement that people with a DVR just skip anyway would.

Last edited:

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Jeez HTC would sell so many of these its not even funny if they did just one thing - set up a demo in the stores of an HTC M8 blasting out tunes. Game over. While its true that the sound quality of the HTC is actually worse in audiophile eyes because of the equalizer settings taking the music out of balance instead of balancing it like they are supposed to, the average consumer (myself included) enjoys the heavy bass hits and apparently Boomsound is even louder and better without Beats now than it was with it.

Seriously, they would fly off the shelves and that set up would benefit carriers too so it would likely not cost HTC anywhere near as much as national TV advertisement that people with a DVR just skip anyway would.

I'm thinking this London debut is going to be all about this and filmed and spread all over the net. Then again all the nerds in the know already know about this device, not going to hit the general public so hard this way.

If Verizon IS going to get the 2 week exclusive if i were HTC i would say during that 2 weeks you need to do this in stores as well as part of the agreement. Then word will get out by consumers to their friends, family, etc. then doesn't matter the carrier people will buy it up. Just a thought but we'll see.

EtherealRemnant

I'm thinking this London debut is going to be all about this and filmed and spread all over the net. Then again all the nerds in the know already know about this device, not going to hit the general public so hard this way.

If Verizon IS going to get the 2 week exclusive if i were HTC i would say during that 2 weeks you need to do this in stores as well as part of the agreement. Then word will get out by consumers to their friends, family, etc. then doesn't matter the carrier people will buy it up. Just a thought but we'll see.

If they were to do something like this, to be perfect honest, T-Mobile would be the best carrier to pull it off. T-Mobile has the lowest corporate account base of all the carriers, caters to low and no credit customers more than the others, and generally appeals to a younger crowd more than the other carriers so a kiosk like this would be a major score for both companies.

I don't think it would be near as effective at Verizon because Verizon has a much more professional image and attracts customers that care more about professional features than the speakers on the phone.

I know I'm categorizing customers here but lets be realistic - Verizon is the Mercedes-Benz of wireless while T-Mobile is the Ford.

giorat23

Jul 12, 2013
I think that the Nexus 5 is an excellent phone totally updated and smoother than any other Android flagship today to change it for a new HTC One.. If it finally looks like the rumors and leaks really dont worth the update.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

All phones have a front logo.. Except Nexus's, iphone's and some chineese phones...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
If they were to do something like this, to be perfect honest, T-Mobile would be the best carrier to pull it off. T-Mobile has the lowest corporate account base of all the carriers, caters to low and no credit customers more than the others, and generally appeals to a younger crowd more than the other carriers so a kiosk like this would be a major score for both companies.

I don't think it would be near as effective at Verizon because Verizon has a much more professional image and attracts customers that care more about professional features than the speakers on the phone.

I know I'm categorizing customers here but lets be realistic - Verizon is the Mercedes-Benz of wireless while T-Mobile is the Ford.

I think we all know though T-Mobile is the #1 carrier for Samsung 100%. I'm sure they have their hands full pushing the hell out of the S5. What the New One is to Verizon is what the S5 is to T-Moble.

EtherealRemnant

I think we all know though T-Mobile is the #1 carrier for Samsung 100%. I'm sure they have their hands full pushing the hell out of the S5. What the New One is to Verizon is what the S5 is to T-Moble.

How do you figure?

T-Mobile has launched plenty of phones with HTC... The MyTouch series comes to mind for one.

Samsung rarely has T-Mobile exclusives and I don't think T-Mobile has ever branded a Samsung phone as their own. Its arguable but Verizon and T-Mobile probably are the two with the best relationship with HTC and at&t has the best with Samsung. Sprint is irrelevant.

Top Liked Posts