Note 2 TWRP bootloop

Search This thread

Thepunisherg4

Nov 28, 2012
HI everyone.
i have just installed the new DN3 v5 rom. my previous was an omega v27 so an 4.3 android based rom and before the flash i have do all the wipe for a clean install: system,data,cache,dalvik. now my phone won't start with the rom, it start directly in TWRP(2.7.0.2) without load the rom. any solution?
sorry for bad english.
thx

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
HI everyone.
i have just installed the new DN3 v5 rom. my previous was an omega v27 so an 4.3 android based rom and before the flash i have do all the wipe for a clean install: system,data,cache,dalvik. now my phone won't start with the rom, it start directly in TWRP(2.7.0.2) without load the rom. any solution?
sorry for bad english.
thx
Did you try rebooting from within the recovery menu "reboot system"? If that doesn't help just reflash v5 again since you can access recovery.Good luck

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Yes i've already tried, i've also try to reflash the Rom several time but nothing. The only thing i can do is to go in recovery. The Rom wuoldn't boot up. Help me please.
Sometimes the recovery refuses to flash the ROM correctly so one needs to switch recovery so i'll link you up with philz 6.25.0 just flash that recovery using your existing twrp recovery and then "reboot recovery" from within the twrp menu now it will bring up your new philz recovery up. (place the zip file of philz touch in your sd card via card reader)

Go to this http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100 scroll down and download 6.25.0 or 6.26.0 .zip file and follow the above steps.If you need help on how to wipe your phone using philz follow this guide below

Go to mounts and storage and click on format/system, format/cache, format/preload , format/data and format/data and data/media (/sdcard)<--- this will format your internal storage,so back up if you have anything saved on it..NOTE: Do NOT format storage/sdcard1 cause this is your external sd card if you accidentally do format it you will lose all the contents on your sd card.If you still want to format your external sd card by this way make sure you have a card reader handy to be able to transfer the downloaded ROM and other contents on your sd card.
Now go back to main menu and click on advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache ,once again go back to main menu and click on wipe cache partition and go ahead and wipe it.At the very end go back to main menu and click on wipe data/factory reset and choose Clean to install a New ROM.Done.You have successfully performed all the wipes.Now you can go ahead and flash the ROM.

Now once you have succesfully flashed your rom and it boots up and you set up your phone,you can always switch back to twrp ,Good luck

Thepunisherg4

Nov 28, 2012
Sometimes the recovery refuses to flash the ROM correctly so one needs to switch recovery so i'll link you up with philz 6.25.0 just flash that recovery using your existing twrp recovery and then "reboot recovery" from within the twrp menu now it will bring up your new philz recovery up. (place the zip file of philz touch in your sd card via card reader)

Go to this http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100 scroll down and download 6.25.0 or 6.26.0 .zip file and follow the above steps.If you need help on how to wipe your phone using philz follow this guide below

Go to mounts and storage and click on format/system, format/cache, format/preload , format/data and format/data and data/media (/sdcard)<--- this will format your internal storage,so back up if you have anything saved on it..NOTE: Do NOT format storage/sdcard1 cause this is your external sd card if you accidentally do format it you will lose all the contents on your sd card.If you still want to format your external sd card by this way make sure you have a card reader handy to be able to transfer the downloaded ROM and other contents on your sd card.
Now go back to main menu and click on advanced menu and wipe dalvik cache ,once again go back to main menu and click on wipe cache partition and go ahead and wipe it.At the very end go back to main menu and click on wipe data/factory reset and choose Clean to install a New ROM.Done.You have successfully performed all the wipes.Now you can go ahead and flash the ROM.

Now once you have succesfully flashed your rom and it boots up and you set up your phone,you can always switch back to twrp ,Good luck

nothing...stil boot into recovery.. :crying:

Thepunisherg4

Nov 28, 2012
Can you flash your omega v27 rom again?Or even that doesn't boot up?

Do you have stock 4.3 ROM? Flash that via ODIN and re root your phone and do the steps again

just tried:
-install official 4.4.2 XXUFND3, reroot, get TWRP and flash....nothing
-install official 4.3 .........MK9, reroot, get twrp(switched also to philz) and flash...nothing
it always brings me back in recovery...

EDIT: just for security i've just flashed the last omni rom and it boots up, so i think its a rom's problem, any suggestion?

Last edited: