I have a custom rom, no Gapps, no root. please help

Search This thread

RoughRunner

Nov 25, 2011
Toronto
So my cousin had the this tablet she hadn't us for a while and she asked to to fix it up. Root it put some apps on it blah blah blah. So i rooted it using this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681155/
Everything was fine and it went smoothly, I had root access, TWRP recovery that it came with and it was working fine.
I wanted to put a ROM on it for my cousin to match her phone so I found this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584265
So, I flashed the Rom and it was fine. Then I flashed the Gapps and it said that the system partion didn't have enough space.
Here is where I screwed up (I think). TWRP said that I lost root access and i had to fix it BUT i had to swipe a bar at the bottom to fix it. My dumbass pressed the button in the middle of the screen which was to ignore it. I didn't see what i was doing and i messed up
So I lost root or something and when i turn on the device and try to boot into recovery by holding the Power + Vol Down keys it does not work!
Now I have a tablet with android 4.4.3, no Gapps, no root, no recovery. I have tried to factory reset it but the one in settings do not work.
I'm stuck and I need help from someone smarter. Thank you for anything.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Id start again, sounds like something in recovery got messed up if it thinks the system partition is not big enough for gapps

Flash TWRP with Easyflasher
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012

Download ROM & Gapps to MicroSD Card

I suggest KatKiss #29 & Gapps from this link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2592890

Factory reset & Wipe everything except External Storage from TWRP

Flash ROM
Flash Gapps

Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

Reboot

Nothing more nothing less is needed, so if it doesn't work by doing the above, there are other problems

Reactions: RoughRunner

RoughRunner

Nov 25, 2011
Toronto
ok so i installed the drivers it easyflasher was asking for and now it asks whether the device is SBK1 or SBK2, how do i find out whether the device is B70 or above... I feel dumb again... It also asks if its in APX mode... i need help again :(

Last edited:

RoughRunner

Nov 25, 2011
Toronto
ok i figured out the easyflasher and i get the recovery but, when im done flashing all the files and boot the device it says that i have to repair root, like before and even if i say to do so i lose the recovery every time meaning i have to go and put the recovery back onto it and do everything again.....

RoughRunner

Nov 25, 2011
Toronto
alrighty so ive got the recovery to stick, and i got the KitKatKiss rom which is actually really nice, however i don't have root, i keep trying to flash the supersu file but it does not work. thanks for everything already. it would be nice to have it rooted.......

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
alrighty so ive got the recovery to stick, and i got the KitKatKiss rom which is actually really nice, however i don't have root, i keep trying to flash the supersu file but it does not work. thanks for everything already. it would be nice to have it rooted.......

KatKiss is already rooted by default, you should not flash an additionnal supersu zip.
Just Flash the rom then gapps from the KatKiss thread
wipe cache + dalvik-cache
then reboot.

If you're coming from another rom version, a full wipe / factory reset is recommended before flashing too.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

QUOTE:

Nothing more nothing less is needed, so if it doesn't work by doing the above, there are other problems

--
As Tim says, and as I said, if you had just followed my instructions and not tried adding your own section of the process, you would have had no problems ;)

RoughRunner

Nov 25, 2011
Toronto
KatKiss is already rooted by default, you should not flash an additionnal supersu zip.
then reboot.

If you're coming from another rom version, a full wipe / factory reset is recommended before flashing too.

ok thanks theres the problem :) all fixed thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Id start again, sounds like something in recovery got messed up if it thinks the system partition is not big enough for gapps

Flash TWRP with Easyflasher
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688012

Download ROM & Gapps to MicroSD Card

I suggest KatKiss #29 & Gapps from this link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2592890

Factory reset & Wipe everything except External Storage from TWRP

Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps

Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

Reboot

then reboot.

QUOTE:

--
    As Tim says, and as I said, if you had just followed my instructions and not tried adding your own section of the process, you would have had no problems ;)