[APP] JustAnotherMaps -[R]- 16.12.2010 -[V]- 1.5.0.0

Search This thread

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Name: JustAnotherMaps

It`s Just Another Maps based on OpenStreetMaps maps data. It does not use Bing maps. This app supports these features:
• Zooming
• Routing
• Searching
• GPS/Cellular/Wi-Fi location.
The main benefit is that OpenStreetMaps have a better map precision and geographical coverage especially in Western Europe, Asia and etc. The trial mode has all features except routing.

This app is built on these projects: OpenStreetMaps, CloudMade, DeepEarth, Nominatim.

Updates:
  • Version 1.5: Speed up the map downloading process
  • Version 1.4: Improved multi-touch behavior, added “follow me”, added "route here from my current position", fixed some minor bugs.
  • Version 1.3: Added a locate me feature and fixed non-US locale issue
  • Version 1.2: Added a "Locate me" feature.
  • Version 1.1: Added a "run under lock screen".

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=099fddd0-5404-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Attachments

• 511883b7-36a3-4df6-abe2-669bf5e3cc5e.jpg
    511883b7-36a3-4df6-abe2-669bf5e3cc5e.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,226
Last edited:

oOp

Jan 29, 2008
Hi tested the test version. Please some things:

Wishes:
- Add a button for center the map to your current position (like in bing maps)
- Add to the test version a way to test the routing (maybe limited to 10 km radius)
- Add a list for "Favourite Places" and a "Home Place" (needed for fast routing)
- Maybe you can get more input here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Android

Corrections:
- If i search for the city "bingen" i get "Ooops something is going wrong. Please restart the application"
- Multiple finger zooming is a little bit slow (hangs)
- Scroll left right with fingers is also little bit slow (compared to ta maps / bing maps)

Conclusion:

Nice work. If i can test routing and it works well i will definetly buy it.
I would love to see your app getting in the future more to a nice little openstreetmap navigation app.

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Hi,
thanks for this info its really great that you find a time to add some words on it.

"Locate me" feature will be added in next version right now Im testing it. I will look at scrolling and multitouching zooming.

Is this error message appear everytime you try to search something or only on word "bingen"? On my phone everything is okey with that query as I understand its a city in Germany=)

oOp

Jan 29, 2008
yes. its only with the word "bingen" and yes ... all the time ;) dont know whats up there!

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Hi all,
I`ve got a user that have a potential error on samsung Omnia with routing. If somebody try to use this application on omnia please replay the feedback here. It would super usefull for me because I dont have such device on hands and cannot test it.

Thanks in advance,
Victor

oOp

Jan 29, 2008
Hi. I bought your app and will now test routing here in germany a bit.

What really would be a benefit for routing is:

- Map targeting to position your currently driving - walking like a compass.
- To add start position by searching the start (e.g. streetname) or "current position" and also to add end position by searching.
- Could you add something like "current speed" at top right corner?

Thanks for the "locate me" ... it works, but best to add a button or?

Btw. I'am a c# developer for 8 years now. Maybe i can help?

Reactions: Gaploid

castrow

Jul 29, 2009
Bogota
Sounds Good! Probably a silly question but If I am in usa, does the tool load the maps automatically? If I travel to south AMerica or Europe is it the same? Do we store the maps in the main memory or should we use data roaming? Thanks and happy new year

llejk

Oct 2, 2007
I'm wondering when google and ms stop there noncense and bring out google maps.

oOp

Jan 29, 2008
tested today routing with my car. really: it makes no sense having routing enabled and not moving the map with current location in centered mode. you do not really want the car driver to push every 10 seconds the "locate me" button, or? :D

another thing is to fade out the from/to location box on top if you start "routing" ...

Looking forward to hear anything new from your side for further updates.

Prinzessin Horst

Feb 24, 2007
Just bought your app because it looked promising - especially the routing.

Tested three smaller cities in Germany... each time the app crashes.
- Nordstemmen
- Wankheim
- Langenfeld

Maybe OpenStreetMap does not recognize the cities, i don't know.
But why does the app crashes because of that?

Routing:
Would love to have direct input of start and end.
Right now you can search a position, then point at it on the map and hope, it's correct.
Would also be nice if the map turns in the direction of driving (if this is possible)
Can the app run in the foreground all the time?

Rest is mentioned before.

At the monent the app is unuseable for routing.

I can imagine the hard work you had so far.
I hope you can fix the problems and make your app becomming a cool one.

Sorry for my bumpy english...

Last edited:

Wolfman017

Jan 11, 2008
Toulouse
Nice job, looks promising. The routing feature is a good think that was missing ! But it needs some improvements. The most important to begin :
- realtime navigation : a step by step navigation, or at least (to begin) a realtime update of the position (like said oOp)...
- distance and time estimation when making a route, with options to choose shorter or faster path.

Reactions: Gaploid

ruscik

Jun 16, 2007
London
At the same moment it is on the same level as Bing maps:

1. Can locate me but does not want to use GPS
2. When routed and located does not update to nw position when one is moving

Those two things need to come in ASAP, a indicator when it s using GPS and when GSM location would help for now so I could see if GPS sucks or it does not use it. Second point needs attntion ASAP to make it usable. There was no Bing maps update mentioned for january so you are our last hope.

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Sounds Good! Probably a silly question but If I am in usa, does the tool load the maps automatically? If I travel to south AMerica or Europe is it the same? Do we store the maps in the main memory or should we use data roaming? Thanks and happy new year

In this version the application does not store data on the phone between launching its a limitation of WP7 SDK.:(

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Just bought your app because it looked promising - especially the routing.

Tested three smaller cities in Germany... each time the app crashes.
- Nordstemmen
- Wankheim
- Langenfeld

Maybe OpenStreetMap does not recognize the cities, i don't know.
But why does the app crashes because of that?

Thanks for comment.
I think you hit a known bug that was fixed in version 1.3 just update the app, uninstall and install it again.

Routing:
Would love to have direct input of start and end.
Right now you can search a position, then point at it on the map and hope, it's correct.

Right now Im looking at this feature very close.

Would also be nice if the map turns in the direction of driving (if this is possible)
You are talking about step by step navigation or only about feature that will rotate map to your driving direction?

Can the app run in the foreground all the time?
No, its a limitation of WP7 SDK.

Last edited:

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Nice job, looks promising. The routing feature is a good think that was missing ! But it needs some improvements. The most important to begin :
- realtime navigation : a step by step navigation, or at least (to begin) a realtime update of the position (like said oOp)...
- distance and time estimation when making a route, with options to choose shorter or faster path.

Thanks for comments I will look at your wishes. Time and distance estimation with different options is not a difficult to implement.

jaraya13

Jun 30, 2008
San Jose
Help to pay the JustAnotherMaps app

Thanks for comments I will look at your wishes. Time and distance estimation with different options is not a difficult to implement.

Hi. Nice work, it really shows some POIs in Costa Rica, my country, not like Bing, it doesn't show a thing!

My big problem is that I can only download free apps from the marketplace or the trial versions. I REALLY, REALLY want to buy your app, also my girlfriend and 2 more friends that have WP7.

Please tell me if there is a way that I can pay you through Paypal and you give me some kind of workaround to install the full version. Please! I can't pay because my Credit Card needs to be from the USA, and it is from Costa Rica. Please help me, I am willing to pay twice of tha app's value.

Regards and please reply ASAP, I really need your app!

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Hi. Nice work, it really shows some POIs in Costa Rica, my country, not like Bing, it doesn't show a thing!

My big problem is that I can only download free apps from the marketplace or the trial versions. I REALLY, REALLY want to buy your app, also my girlfriend and 2 more friends that have WP7.

Please tell me if there is a way that I can pay you through Paypal and you give me some kind of workaround to install the full version. Please! I can't pay because my Credit Card needs to be from the USA, and it is from Costa Rica. Please help me, I am willing to pay twice of tha app's value.

Regards and please reply ASAP, I really need your app!

Hi,
As I understand you can use your card even it was issued outside of USA. You need to change settings on your computer: Locale, Location, In browser. And you need change it on these sites too: account.live.com, profile.live.com.

Victor

jaraya13

Jun 30, 2008
San Jose
Hi,
As I understand you can use your card even it was issued outside of USA. You need to change settings on your computer: Locale, Location, In browser. And you need change it on these sites too: account.live.com, profile.live.com.

Victor

Hi Victor, thanks for the answer. I know you can use credit cards outside the US, but that is if you are in a country like UK where Marketplace is supported. In my country it is not supported (Costa Rica, Central America).

I have tried all the things you said but no luck. The only thing that works for me is setting everything to the US so at least I can download free apps.

Regards.

Gaploid

Dec 17, 2010
Hi Victor, thanks for the answer. I know you can use credit cards outside the US, but that is if you are in a country like UK where Marketplace is supported. In my country it is not supported (Costa Rica, Central America).

I have tried all the things you said but no luck. The only thing that works for me is setting everything to the US so at least I can download free apps.

Regards.

Its strange that you cannot buy the app. I`ve got a few friends in Russia that sucсessfully can buy apps even in Russia the phone is not supported like in Costa Rica.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: JustAnotherMaps

It`s Just Another Maps based on OpenStreetMaps maps data. It does not use Bing maps. This app supports these features:
    • Zooming
    • Routing
    • Searching
    • GPS/Cellular/Wi-Fi location.
    The main benefit is that OpenStreetMaps have a better map precision and geographical coverage especially in Western Europe, Asia and etc. The trial mode has all features except routing.

This app is built on these projects: OpenStreetMaps, CloudMade, DeepEarth, Nominatim.

Updates:
    • Version 1.5: Speed up the map downloading process
    • Version 1.4: Improved multi-touch behavior, added “follow me”, added "route here from my current position", fixed some minor bugs.
    • Version 1.3: Added a locate me feature and fixed non-US locale issue
    • Version 1.2: Added a "Locate me" feature.
    • Version 1.1: Added a "run under lock screen".

Download Link: http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=099fddd0-5404-e011-9264-00237de2db9e
    Hi. I bought your app and will now test routing here in germany a bit.

What really would be a benefit for routing is:

- Map targeting to position your currently driving - walking like a compass.
    - To add start position by searching the start (e.g. streetname) or "current position" and also to add end position by searching.
    - Could you add something like "current speed" at top right corner?

Thanks for the "locate me" ... it works, but best to add a button or?

Btw. I'am a c# developer for 8 years now. Maybe i can help?
    Tried entropay.com. Made my account, bought a Virtual CC, loaded with 20 bucks, and still I get an error in the marketplace when trying to buy your app. :(

Unbelievable, I thought that all these services give the same ability. Here in Russia some people use this service http://v-pay.biz/index.php?lang=en and its working with marketplace properly.

I`ve looked on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=830701&page=9 and found that somebody confirmed that service instantvirtualcreditcards.com is working with zune and there is a nice Webmoney integration. I think you should try it.

Sorry that you waste a money.
    Today I was able to buy this app! One friend in the US send me his credit card info, so it went through the marketplace!!! :D

Routing looks OK, but I don't like the search function, because for example, if I want to search Burger King restaurants nearby, I have to type: "burger king costa rica", if I don't do that, I will get results from BK in the US and other countries.

But good work, please keep the updates coming! Regards.

Hey It’s a great news, congratulations=).

About your question, the search function should try to find POI on the area that you are looking in the app right now, if there are no results for that it should try to find the nearby locations. Try to zoom on Costa Rica city area and then search "Burger king". I will look on this behavior too on my side.