[Q] Help for my Huawei U8300

Search This thread

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
i test very much rom in this device, and u8100,8110,8120 and ideos is working whith problem, in 2.1 version wifi not work and physical keyboard need to remap, in 2.2 version full work but when press button on physical keyboard, block my device and reboot.
i need for your help to fix this problem (change driver physical keyboard in 2.2 rom for example)

thanks very much for your Help

Last edited:

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
i test the new rom 2.3 for ideos and work but the problem whith keyboad physical is always present..

Thank for your help

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
hi where you find rom for the u8300?
i am also intersted (but a total newb in android scene)... can you point me to a right place...

this u8300 is a faboluos device, wifi, gps, qwerty, touch... but it lacks only a newer android version...

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
the problem is only physical keyboard driver, every rom from huawei 8100, 8110, ideo, is working but freze phone when press button on keyboard.
I need for developer android for fix this problem.

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
ty for reply

i am not a developer and am total "mooron" on android devs:
but could is it possible to cook a rom from the ideos rom base (i see thre are several now) but with the native keyboard driver from the original huawei rom?
is it possible?

please someone let us know... ;D

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
thanks for reply
i write to developer for help for this problem, i waiting for respose and study for fix problem.

type9

Dec 11, 2010
Can we maybe use the CM rom?? on 8300?? i am newb on android....
by the way, idoes rom is really fast on u8300..just problem with qwtey.
So we need 2.2 rom for instead 2.1...

znelis

Jan 27, 2011
Hi!

Can you please post a link to the rom you are using, i'm mostly interrested in the 2.3 version.

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
i'am waiting for expert deploy for my u8300, i have test more mod but the keyboard don't work when android is upgrade to 2.2 or 2.3.
i suppose driver native on kernel for keyboad is the problem.

znelis

Jan 27, 2011
Have you tried to install the Huawei IME?

I found HwIME.odex and HwIME.apk in /system/app/
libjni_hwime.so was in /system/lib/

Download them here:
dl.dropbox.com/u/4997718/Huawei.zip

It's worth trying, even if it may be in the kernel.
Maybe there are some more files, but that was what i found.

TuoNonno

Oct 24, 2008
Treviso
I think that I managed how to do it...

basically it's quite simple, you just need to extract recovery.img from the u8100 rom and flash it to you phone trough terminal or adb with push command.
In this way you mantain the eclair kernel (boot.img) and you flash the froyo system.

calippo74

Jan 11, 2007
i tested the rom from huawei ascend, and work fine, but i need the remap keyboard and enable rotation screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm about to release a froyo based rom :D stay tuned :p
    I managed to have physical keyboard support and froyo but atm I'm having problems with continuosly and random crashes, I need to work on it more :/
    Some news...
    I wrote to Huawei and asked for the source code for the kernel. Their reply was:

HI£¬Peter

we will ask our colleague in R&D dept to handle this ASAP .it might take a a
    week or so .due to some inner procedure we need to pass before we upload it
    to our website

Thanks

customer service
    HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

So perhaps we will see a froyo port for it after all! :D

/Peter
    If anyone is missing Live Wallpaper it can be fixed. you need to have your phone rooted and im not going to give you a guide on that.

Download http://www.mediafire.com/?rq5iic4db7awt2j and add the files you want in the / system / app (I've used root explorer).

To get Live wallpaper needed files is LiveWallpapers.apk and LiveWallpapersPicker.apk.
    no price in Naples Italy is 80 € in a shop wind.
    I'd be torn between him and U8150 ideos to 100 €
    What do you think is better?