Viper4android Sound Equalizer

Search This thread

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
Well I was tired of the moto useless equalizer with no real customization.
So I just downloaded Viper4android on my moto running KitKat 4.4.
It works fantastic actually better than it did on 4.2
Here's the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Before you install stop audio effects and disable it
Then install viper4android fx
It will ask for root permission
Install high, medium or low battery use and rebooT

IRS , these are preset sound filters found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439254

Eargasm, enjoy

Sent on my Moto X

cyhamada

Oct 26, 2010
New York
New to the Moto X. Does this mean that viper doesn't work unless you've unlocked bootloader and rooted with TWRP?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
New to the Moto X. Does this mean that viper doesn't work unless you've unlocked bootloader and rooted with TWRP?

Thanks in advance.

I really don't have an answer , I have no idea if you can give r/w access using jcases method of root, give it a try and see what happens

Sent on my Moto X

Reactions: cyhamada

cyhamada

Oct 26, 2010
New York
Will do. My device doesn't actually arrive until Thurs but I'm trying to do as much research on the forums in prep.

Thanks!

c19932

Jun 9, 2010
Google Pixel 6
not sure what the reason is, but after I installed viper4android, my "audio effect" app would crash whenever I open it. I forgot to turn off "audio effect" before I install viper4android, and now I cant even open up "audio effect". Does freezing the audio effect app turn it off?>

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
not sure what the reason is, but after I installed viper4android, my "audio effect" app would crash whenever I open it. I forgot to turn off "audio effect" before I install viper4android, and now I cant even open up "audio effect". Does freezing the audio effect app turn it off?>

Stop and freeze it, you may also need to reboot

Sent on my Moto X

Globalrebel

Nov 8, 2006
California
So, I have been using this and love it. However, I have noticed that if I have music playing through Spotify or some other application, the MotoAssist feature will not read out my text messages. If I turn off Viper4Android and don't have Spotify going while driving, the program reads off my texts without any problems. Can anyone here verify this?

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
I love Viper but I wish the Moto X sounded like my nexus 7 that I have dash mounted. There are more tweaks in Viper on the Nexus. Sounds good on the X but doesn't come close to the Nexus.

EvilMotoX

Please explain how there are more tweaks in viper 4 android on your nexus device. The V4A app is a single app there is not a special one made for a nexus unless you choose different ui settings within the V4A app all tweaks are the same no matter what device you use it on so please enlighten me. Very miss leading comment you have made.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Please explain how there are more tweaks in viper 4 android on your nexus device. The V4A app is a single app there is not a special one made for a nexus unless you choose different ui settings within the V4A app all tweaks are the same no matter what device you use it on so please enlighten me. Very miss leading comment you have made.

I will post some screen shots. When I installed the Viper driver on the nexus it asked which chipset I had. I chose the correct one and it gave me about 3 times as many tweak in the settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dandan2980

dandan2980

Jun 17, 2010
I will post some screen shots. When I installed the Viper driver on the nexus it asked which chipset I had. I chose the correct one and it gave me about 3 times as many tweak in the settings.

Are you on the latest version 2.3.2.2 cause the drivers are set up to install automatically.

sonofevil77

Apr 19, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Are you on the latest version 2.3.2.2 cause the drivers are set up to install automatically.

I know I'm on the current on my Note II, Nexus 7 2013, and moto x but I'm not sure about my car Nexus 7. I'm going to guess not but still the sound is better with those additional settings.

Edit: Note 2 I'm on 2.3.1.1

Last edited:

Globalrebel

Nov 8, 2006
California
The installation no longer asks what kind of chipset you have. It now only asks the quality type you would like (Extreme, super, or high). I'm really hoping here that someone can speak to audio being muted through Moto Assist when using V4A. Anyone?

cyhamada

Oct 26, 2010
New York
The installation no longer asks what kind of chipset you have. It now only asks the quality type you would like (Extreme, super, or high). I'm really hoping here that someone can speak to audio being muted through Moto Assist when using V4A. Anyone?

In your other post, you mentioned turning off V4A and Spotify fixed your problem...any chance the problem is caused by Spotify and not V4A?

I can't offer any insight to the problem since I'm not rooted yet, but I miss V4A from my Galaxy Nexus days and it's the main reason I want to root...however, if it really is V4A that's causing Moto Assist issues, I might think twice.

Thanks.

dems86

Nov 3, 2012
Sacramento
Anyone can confirm if Moto Assist reading of texts works with this or not, or if that experience up the thread was more a problem with Spotify?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I was tired of the moto useless equalizer with no real customization.
    So I just downloaded Viper4android on my moto running KitKat 4.4.
    It works fantastic actually better than it did on 4.2
    Here's the link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Before you install stop audio effects and disable it
    Then install viper4android fx
    It will ask for root permission
    Install high, medium or low battery use and rebooT

IRS , these are preset sound filters found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439254

Eargasm, enjoy

Sent on my Moto X

Thanks in advance.

I really don't have an answer , I have no idea if you can give r/w access using jcases method of root, give it a try and see what happens

Sent on my Moto X

After some further testing, the issue is related to V4A. I am able to turn it off and get my vocal alerts. But the moment I turn it on for Bluetooth, the alerts are no longer heard. I can see Tochless control accepting my voice commands, but I get no sound out to my stereo. I'll be posting this in the V4A thread. Hopefully this can be fixed, as it is a BIG deal for me.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoasotQidH7OFZvd25ZWkpSMnc/edit?usp=docslist_api

Here is a link to my saved headset profile give this a try just put it in your viper4android profile folder

I use the z edition Sony Xperia rock.IRS in this profile so if you don't have it it will have to be a different IRS in the convolver

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

reinstall it for the 4th time now when i change the irs i hear a change but the sound's still low ? . Also when i put the volume to the top the sound is awful ?

Sent from Moto X using xda premium

Are you on stock or one of the Aosp Roms