Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
Informative Thread Google Cached

READ CAREFULLY
WARNING
DO NOT FLASH THE NEW 4.4.2 SBF FIRMWARE UNLESS YOUR CARRIERS FIRMWARE IS AVAILABLE.
FOLKS HAVE FLASHED OTHER CARRIERS FIRMWARE AND AS A RESULT THEY HAVE NO DATA CONNECTION,
YOU CAN NOT DOWNGRADE, SO IF THIS HAPPENS CHANCES ARE YOU'LL HAVE A PHONE THATS UNUSABLE UNTIL AND IF YOUR CARRIERS SBF SHOWS UP.
THERE IS A CHANCE THAT EVEN AFTER YOU FLASH THE CORRECT FIRMWARE, YOUR RADIO SIGNAL MAY NEVER WORK

I will not in any fashion help anyone to upgrade nor downgrade their moto, this thread is for info only. I personally will not take any responsibility for any issues. You own it ., you alone broke it

Motorola bootloader unlocking website https://motorola-global-portal.custh...-your-device-a

WARNING WARNING

DO NOT FLASH ANY OTA 4.4.2 ,OTA ROM OR ANY SUCH MEANS OF UPGRADING WITHOUT HAVING YOUR SPECIFIC CARRIER 4.4.2 SBF FIRMWARE AS A BACK UP

WARNING WARNING WARNING

IF YOU HAVE A LOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY FLASH YOUR SPECIFIC CARRIERS SBF FIRMWARE, OTHERWISE YOU WILL END UP WITH A HARD BRICKED DEVICE

If you Frankenstein a way of downgrading do not post it here, this thread is not about tricks, hacks or any such garbage. This thread is to inform folks in the correct way of maintaining your moto to work. Plain and simple
There's a tremendous amount of firmware flashing which is causing harm to many users phones.
Realize that having a unlocked boot loader moto, regardless if its a DE will also suffer from hard bricks.
Unlocked boot loaders can flash other variants system.img's without to many issues
Modems are a different story, some user report no data with European modems, so I suggest using your specific carriers modems
Stay away from motoboot.img (boot loader) or gpt.bin(partition table) be warned
Remember you and you alone are responsible for any hard bricks
This is a simple chart what can and can't not be downgraded, Thanks to Dray_jr :thumbup:

the only OTA that can downgrade is 4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam

here is what we know right now that might make more sense

4.4 to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick
4.2.2 Post Cam to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick.
4.4.2 to to anything will Brick
4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam you are ok

WARNING if you manage to flash back to 4.4 or even 4.2.2 with the new 4.4.2 BOOTLOADER DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE ACCEPT ANY OTA, YOU WILL HARD BRICK YOUR DEVICE, PROOF BELOW

******** "it was running on 4.4.2 software, then i downgrade to 4.2.2. all was fine, but OTA killed it.

So after that, i read that 4.4.2 instaled new bootloader =( that cant be downgraded, and can bricked the phone, it was my mistake =(

So i think i should sent it to Motorola and if i lucky one, they should repair it, or resend new one. or if bad luck i will throw it to the trash =)"*******

Files inside sbf firmware:
Motoboot.img (bootloader)
gpt.bin ( Partition table)
NON_HLOS (modem)
System
Recovery

Bootloaders:
4.4.2 North , Central & South America:
Rogers 30.B4
US Cellular 30.B4
Brazil Retail 30.B4
T-Mobile 30.B4
Sprint 30.B4

Europe:
UK 30.B3

Modems:
Rogers 4.4.2

Stock Recovery:
Rogers Stock Recovery 4.4.w

4.2.2 pre camera boot loader 30.70
4.2.2 post camera bootloader 30.71

Issues:,
Confirmed by Steve x , you can not downgrade bootloader from 4.4.2

WARNING WARNING

The Brazilian phone and central American phones will not have a data connection with the uk or DE firmware, so do not flash any European firmware, be warned

Last edited:

Cozume

Jan 30, 2014
I think the community would benefit if this were a sticky posted as a closed thread:
GoogleCache said:
the only OTA that can downgrade is 4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam

here is what we know right now that might make more sense

4.4 to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick
4.2.2 Post Cam to 4.2.2 Pre Cam will Brick.
4.4.2 to to anything will Brick
4.4 to 4.2.2 Post Cam you are ok

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I would be really really careful bro your stealing alot of people work without quoting them by posting this I should know some of this work is mine

Sent from my XT1056 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I don't even have this device and know you can't downgrade. Why don't you try reading a little instead of posting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

flashallthetime

May 27, 2012
Stouffville
OK stepping hers as this is my work, its people like the op that just make me hate xda, the poster of this thread which was original done by me should be ignored , do not give him the time of , its not worth it, just move on, he knows where he got all the info which is incomplete and he's the reason why I removed it original

Sent on my Gummy running Lenoto X

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
!!

OK stepping hers as this is my work, its people like the op that just make me hate xda, the poster of this thread which was original done by me should be ignored , do not give him the time of , its not worth it, just move on, he knows where he got all the info which is incomplete and he's the reason why I removed it original

THIS^^^^^^

Do not post crap like "well this was in Google cache" when it is clearly posted whose work it is! Credits MUST be posted. also you are only looking for a fight OP by claiming to report every post that disagrees with you or questions your credibility..do not waste moderator's time!

Thread cleaned and closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

!!

THIS^^^^^^

Do not post crap like "well this was in Google cache" when it is clearly posted whose work it is! Credits MUST be posted. also you are only looking for a fight OP by claiming to report every post that disagrees with you or questions your credibility..do not waste moderator's time!

Thread cleaned and closed