[Q] Stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Hello, usually don't have much issues with this sort of thing as I have decent experience with this.

I'm stuck on this particular issue though as my phone is in a constant boot loop. I was planning on just reflashing a ROM on to the device, but in the bootloader or recovery my pc will not detect the device at all so I am unable to run fastboot or adb commands on it. I have tried this on 3 pc's(2 Windows 8.1 and 1 Windows 7).

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 8 & 8.1 will not work. I used the DNA toolkit on a Windows XP laptop to get my phone out of the bootloop (when you were using the Windows 7 computer, were you using the USB 2.0 port? It's been mentioned in many posts that USB 3.0 will not work). Don't use the drivers from HTC SYNC, the proper drivers are here on XDA (just Google it).

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA running KICKDROID Sense 6/4.4.2 ROM via Tapatalk

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Yes it was on USB 2.0. Drivers won't do me any good if device manager won't even detect the device is plugged in to begin with. That is the issue is I have no way to flash a new ROM because I can't even get device manager to pickup that the device is plugged in on any computer.

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
You can't update the drivers for a device though until it detects there is a device there. There shouldn't be any issue with Windows 7 being able to detect a DNA.

I never had an issue with this until now and now I'm just stuck in either a boot loop or going into recovery.

I would be willing to to try XP for the fun of it when I get an opportunity, but don't feel it is necessary.

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
If I do a factory reset from CWM Recovery I can get into Cyanogenmod and go through the initial setup steps. After that it sits at a black screen, but I can drag the notification drawer down and get into the settings. Only have a minute or two before it reboots back into a boot loop.

Surely there has to be some way to fix this...

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
I managed to get it to stay on. Here is what I did to transfer a new ROM over. Since all I could access on the phone was the settings I changed a locksceen slider to the Play Store and installed AirDroid. I then transferred the file over through AirDroid.

I am about to flash it now. If this installs fine and clears up the boot loop issue then I guess that issue is fixed, but that still doesn't solve the problem with my device not connecting to the PC through USB.

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Okay I managed to finally get a new ROM to flash over after some issues with the ROM zip itself. It flashed and said updating apps 77/77 and restarted and its been sitting at the boot logo for 10 minutes.

Still never got it to detect USB connection on PC either.

I don't have a single clue what to do now. Am I just out of luck at this point?

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Okay I know I have flooded this with messages, but I have Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 on there and it seems to be working fine. I can reboot and it goes back into Android without a boot loop from what I can tell.

USB still does not work even within Android though. Is there an issue with the hardware itself? It charges fine.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Okay I know I have flooded this with messages, but I have Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 on there and it seems to be working fine. I can reboot and it goes back into Android without a boot loop from what I can tell.

USB still does not work even within Android though. Is there an issue with the hardware itself? It charges fine.

Is MTP checked or USB debugging enabled? If not you need to check them both

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

thayl0

May 26, 2013
Have you tried downloading pdanet that will reinstall adb asking with other drivers

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Yes I have. Still should allow normal file transfer without it and also at the very least device manager should detect it. I think I am just out of luck on this. At least it can still charge.

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
On the Win 7 machine, are you sure that USB port is good? Sorry no one asked that simple question.

Also, have you tried cleaning your micro USB port?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

justinds89

Dec 12, 2013
Yes, like I said other devices work fine on PC and also have tried it on 4 different computers. I also cleaned the port.

NP, appreciate the response.