[Q] GT-I9300 not registered on network

Search This thread

mauschuster

Jun 5, 2014
Hey, guys!
This is my first post in this forum.
My situation is the following: a friend of mine came to me because her SIII GT-I9300 was stuck in the SAMSUNG screen. After a little research on the internet, I did a wipe data, which did not work. Then I researched a bit more and flashed Android 4.3 using Odin. Android was running OK, but I got "not registered on network".
My question is: in order to fix this problem, should I worry about the IMEI? (when I did the wipe data i didn't do any backup...:silly:).
Any help is welcome. Please have in my mind that I'm a noob...

masterfj

Jun 5, 2014
Hey, guys!
My situation is the following: a friend of mine came to me because her SIII GT-I9300 was stuck in the SAMSUNG screen. After a little research on the internet, I did a wipe data, which did not work. Then I researched a bit more and flashed Android 4.3 using Odin. Android was running OK, but I got "not registered on network".
My question is: in order to fix this problem, should I worry about the IMEI? (when I did the wipe data i didn't do any backup...:silly:).

hey,
You can try flash v2 modem like MG4 or the latest one is ND1.

Press thanks button if i help you :D

elelamy

Jun 5, 2014
Hey, guys!

U can flash these 1- Patched XXUGMK6 kernel
2- Patched XXUGMK6 modem

by using cwm recovery

Attachments

• Patched_XXUGMK6_kernel.zip.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 339
  • Patched_XXUGMK6_modem.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 321

mauschuster

Jun 5, 2014
Well, guys...
I did what you said... didn't succeed. I installed those patches, but it still says "not registered on network".
I wonder if it is an IMEI / EFS folder issue... As I mentioned on the initial post, I don't have a backup EFS folder.
Should I try to flash the stock ROM (I mean, the factory native ROM) so as to try to recover the IMEI?
If so, I don't know what was the original firmware because I got this mobile from a friend.
Any ideas on how to figure it out?
Thanks in advance.

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
Well, guys...
I did what you said... didn't succeed. I installed those patches, but it still says "not registered on network".
I wonder if it is an IMEI / EFS folder issue... As I mentioned on the initial post, I don't have a backup EFS folder.
Should I try to flash the stock ROM (I mean, the factory native ROM) so as to try to recover the IMEI?
If so, I don't know what was the original firmware because I got this mobile from a friend.
Thanks in advance.

Try patched MG4 modem

~ RazorMC

mauschuster

Jun 5, 2014
Try patched MG4 modem

~ RazorMC

I'm really thankful for the tips... but is there any tutorial on how to flash MG4 modem?
I've had a quick look on the net, but I couldn't find any 'step-by-step'...
I mean, do I have to save those 2 files (modem MG4 + kernel) in the SD card and flash using CWM?
Where can I download it?
Thank you all.

elelamy

Jun 5, 2014
Well, guys...
Thanks in advance.

U can try these patched modems
https://drive.google.com/folderview...usp=sha+ring&tid=0B6MIUd7HJudAbU5YaGkzOUowMG8
these are released after 4.3 upgrade with the issue not registered in network

koj

Sep 4, 2006
Flash

I would go back to an older version of standard rom. See if that restores imei efs back to version 1. Sammy mobile unbranded uk is version 2 so use an older version than that. I have gone back to this from version 4.3 stock. If phone boot loops after flashing do full factory reset. Then check imei. If still not ok. Install kies and it will upgrade to 4.3 and imei will be back.

Last edited:

mauschuster

Jun 5, 2014
I would go back to an older version of standard rom. See if that restores imei efs back to version 1. Sammy mobile unbranded uk is version 2 so use an older version than that. I have gone back to this from version 4.3 stock. If phone boot loops after flashing do full factory reset. Then check imei. If still not ok. Install kies and it will upgrade to 4.3 and imei will be back.

Koj,
Could you please post the link for the older version of standard rom? After flashing it, how can I check the IMEI EFS version? I just want to be sure I'm strictly following your tips.
Just to remind you, I got this S3 from a friend who had bought it in USA, and now I'm trying to use it in Brazil.
Thanks in advance. Greetings from Brazil!!

Top Liked Posts