[NEW] 16/05/10 28236 WWE Lite TAI EDITION - V5

Search This thread

heyi'm here

Dec 12, 2008
hey TAI, what software r u running on this ROM to make the Sense Theme??? it cant be TF2D 'cause i see there a Twitter widget :-?

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
Yeah, thank you for your feedback, im always appreciated your test. The next interface will be a PointUI with all the programs i write myself. It's between Hero, Sense and google UI. I hope finish it in next time.

I've been doing some research about PointUI and stumbled upon some videos
(some of them were with hermes and even older phones) and PointUI seemed to
worked like a charm, fluently and it seems pretty nice...I hope it will have more
ram as you say it will have TAI, and can't wait to see your rom with PointUI on
my phone...
Thank you in advance for your next rom :D

EDIT: I've just tried PointUI with Official AT&T stripped rom and its great!!! I
just love it!And the best of all is that i have 18.5 MB of free ram even it worked
for a while!!I hope your rom with pointUI would be even better TAI!Can't wait!

Last edited:

diegolaz

Sep 14, 2007
Capital Federal
I've been doing some research about PointUI and stumbled upon some videos
(some of them were with hermes and even older phones) and PointUI seemed to
worked like a charm, fluently and it seems pretty nice...I hope it will have more
ram as you say it will have TAI, and can't wait to see your rom with PointUI on
my phone...
Thank you in advance for your next rom

EDIT: I've just tried PointUI with Official AT&T stripped rom and its great!!! I
just love it!And the best of all is that i have 18.5 MB of free ram even it worked
for a while!!I hope your rom with pointUI would be even better TAI!Can't wait!

do you have pointUI scrrenshot from you phone?
I'm looking to change the rom shice HERO V3 home page is not working very well (the main clock got stucked at 13:56 a week ago)

thanks

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
do you have pointUI scrrenshot from you phone?
I'm looking to change the rom shice HERO V3 home page is not working very well (the main clock got stucked at 13:56 a week ago)

thanks

No i don't have any screenshots with pointUI, and PointUI is not a rom it's only a
today screen you can install on any other rom...Here is a video with it on some
guys hermes and thats pretty much how it's for real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwT-jiCmrtk.
I only have a few things that i don't like about pointUI...When in full screen,
one can't see battery as good as usual in windows Mobile, and you can't set
sound on vibrate or other way round as quick as on other roms, but I hope
TAIs rom will be with better and improved pointUI rom as he is doing some
work on it... :)

armedmetallica

Sep 24, 2006
New York
i tried the device update on here, which prompts to download a new version. upon installing that version, i am not sure how to get it to install apps to SDcard. i'm looking for the master thread on that - i see it was in feb, with some activity recently. is that the latest place that i should look ?

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
There are 2 things in settings for Device update and one of those is an answer to your
question. I think one of those things is: Use shell installer or something like it...Try to set it.

armedmetallica

Sep 24, 2006
New York
hello - thanks for your reply - i was digging around and found that.

also - i'm trying to use the connection sharing out to a vista x64 pc - i keep getting usb driver error on the machine and "check usb connection" on the device.

cable, computer and device worked fine on the past rom - CRC's v 13 i believe it was.

way back when, ( i think in winmo 5 or 6) i remember having to go through a whole series of steps to ge tthe latest rdnis drivers or something like that. help, as always is appreciated :)

armedmetallica

Sep 24, 2006
New York
okay - now i'm trying to install bing. m.bing.com just loads regular search page. downloaded the .cab link from pc - and got the .cab donwloaded okay on device. tried to install - got an error saying the display resolution isn't supported. then i went to the bing site again on pc, and used their "send to mobile" link. that, resulted in the same ole regular search page that i got from m.bing.com

any idea?

one other issue - when opening PIE, i always (ALWAYS) get an error "Internet Explorer cannot download blank."

Last edited:

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
Wow great news TAI!! This is the one with PointUI?Why is there no screenshots, so we can
see it before we try it...And just this morning i was hoping to put a new rom (because I was
using AT&T stripped cause i had some phone problems that turned out to be SIM card
problems) and I was wondering if you made this rom that we've been all eagerly waiting...I
am so eager to try this one for you...And I think I will do this later this day or maybe
tomorrow morning...Can you maybe give us some more info about ram usage and maybe
which panels (PointUI) it consists, maybe give us a clue on what were your improvements on this
rom...

Thanks a lot for making our Heremeses modern phones :)

Last edited:

TAI_Sw

Dec 9, 2008
Zurich
Wow great news TAI!! This is the one with PointUI?Why is there no screenshots, so we can
see it before we try it...And just this morning i was hoping to put a new rom (because I was
using AT&T stripped cause i had some phone problems that turned out to be SIM card
problems) and I was wondering if you made this rom that we've been all eagerly waiting...I
am so eager to try this one for you...And I think I will do this later this day or maybe
tomorrow morning...Can you maybe give us some more info about ram usage and maybe
which panels (PointUI) it consists, maybe give us a clue on what were your improvements on this
rom...

Thanks a lot for making our Heremeses modern phones :)

Thank you for testing ROMs. This one isn't with PointUI. I am still working on it because it need to much ram and working still slowly what i don't like it.
I will do my best to get more speed and ram. Maybe it will be finish another day. Thank you for waiting.

Cheers

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
So this one is Hero-like rom again??Well I told before that I just put PointUI on AT&T
stripped and the lowest ram value vas around 15MB...So i guess it's because AT&T stripped
is a 6.1 or 6.0 rom, and versions you are trying to build PointUI on are 6.5.3...I hope you
will manage to do something to make your rom fast and with a good ram size...Can't wait
for it...Anyways I will try this rom, because with this AT&T stripped i can't find some of the
settings that i need to change...And I hope if you could post some info on this rom so we
can know what to expect...I hope I am not to annoying about it :)

Thanks for your quick answer!!

TAI_Sw

Dec 9, 2008
Zurich
So this one is Hero-like rom again??Well I told before that I just put PointUI on AT&T
stripped and the lowest ram value vas around 15MB...So i guess it's because AT&T stripped
is a 6.1 or 6.0 rom, and versions you are trying to build PointUI on are 6.5.3...I hope you
will manage to do something to make your rom fast and with a good ram size...Can't wait
for it...Anyways I will try this rom, because with this AT&T stripped i can't find some of the
settings that i need to change...And I hope if you could post some info on this rom so we
can know what to expect...I hope I am not to annoying about it :)

Thanks for your quick answer!!

I can't...you know what i mean when you flasing the rom.

TAI_Sw

Dec 9, 2008
Zurich
Hi Dude,

First, i really happy to say... thank you for using my ROMs. The last rom Hero V3 with statistic downloaded over 2500 times. It's crazy :D

Cheers.

Livven

Aug 23, 2009
Wiesbaden
livven.me
Yeah... you and +QuePPC are the best chefs for Hermes... :) but I did not use your ROMs because they were all too heavy for me, with too many things cooked even in the lite versions. I see you removed Titanium in the new 28205. Is this version also generally cleaner and faster than the previous ones? This would make me try it out.

Wie ich sehe kannst du auch Deutsch, oder ;)?

lu56fun

Jan 2, 2008
hallo TAI_Sw,

i like und use your rom in ger-version,
will you do the 28205 olso in ger?
were bi nice.

viele grüße
sorry for mei english

Wam7

Sep 27, 2006
London
Yeah... you and +QuePPC are the best chefs for Hermes... :) but I did not use your ROMs because they were all too heavy for me, with too many things cooked even in the lite versions. I see you removed Titanium in the new 28205. Is this version also generally cleaner and faster than the previous ones? This would make me try it out.

Wie ich sehe kannst du auch Deutsch, oder ;)?
I understand and agree with what you are saying. I would have prefered a lighter ROM from Tai but I have to say the v4 seems to be the best one yet. I am still 'only' getting 17Mb free on restart and there's 38Mb storage but the new SPB GUI is the best and fastest one yet.

I have an Touch HD and was planning to give my Hermes to my mum but want to leave her with a decent ROM; this may be it.
Thanks for your continued hard work Tai. (btw, Tai is my youngest son's name :))

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts