[App] Wallpapyrus - Play with wallpapers

Search This thread

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
attachment.php

Wallpapyrus - Play with wallpapers.
Wallpapyrus is for you if you like iPhone style wallpaper (no scrolling)
or
a new wallpaper on each home screen
or
wallpaper change at intervals or on phone unlock
or
a running animated slideshow
or
iPhone DeepEnd app like 3d effect
or
see Boot animations as live wallpaper

read on for more........

Android Market link - https://market.android.com/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.wallpaper
attachment.php

Wallpapyrus has following features:
1) Four wallpaper modes:
a) Normal mode with four styles:
1. iPhone - Wallpaper does not scroll just like iPhone and of course like many other phones.
2. iPhone with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper does not scroll with home screen but can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
3. Android - Wallpaper scrolls with home screen like normal android wallpaper.
4. Android with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper scrolls and can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
It's not that normal mode after all. What do you think?

b) Chain - Different wallpaper on each home screen. Either set individual wallpapers for each home screen or set folders as wallpaper source. Ultimate option for theming.

c) Collage - Collage of wallpapers. Brings the feeling of randomness and chaos on your wallpaper.

attachment.php

d) Animated wallpaper - the coolest of the lot - an animated slideshow of wallpapers. See it to believe it. Don't overuse it. Other modes are also entitled for the same respect.

e) 3D Effect like Deepend app of iPhone - turn phone to see effect

f) Use boot animations as live wallpaper. Just unzip boot animations in a folder and put that folder in sd-card. Choose that folder in app. If multiple folders are selected boot animations are shown at random.

2) Wallpaper layout modes (available in normal mode only):

attachment.php
attachment.php

i. fill screen
ii. fit screen
iii. fit height
iv. fit width
Now don't get limited in your choice.

3) Set folders in sd card for wallpapers. Multiple folders can be selected and sub-folders support is also available. Wallpapers are selected randomly. For Normal mode (iPhone and Android without switching) wallpapers can be set from gallery or file manager apps - just like with normal wallpapers. Use “set as wallpapyrus” instead of “set as wallpaper”.

4) Wallpapers switch either at set duration or on phone unlock. Double tap to change wallpapers is also available.
Its the best wallpaper changer / switcher in the market.

5) Get cool pics from Flickr and your friends’ Facebook pics right on wallpaper.

6) Show/hide date, icons for facebook and flickr pics on wallpaper for easy identification on wallpaper.

7) Filters for color, brightness, saturation and contrast. Wallpapers look the way you want them.
attachment.php

8) Wallpapyrus does not run in the background but only when the user is on launcher. It goes to sleep when the user opens an app or locks the phone. For example if you don’t use your phone for a day wallpapyrus would not run in background and kill your battery. So the effect on cpu and battery is very limited.

9) Memory usage depends on screen size – less memory usage for small screen phones like Samsung galaxy ace, htc wildfire etc. So no worries for low ram phones.

10) All these features are made easy to use and organise by "Settings Wizard" and help button on each page of the app. It could not be easier.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Of course, more is coming....
Finally its upto you to decide whether wallpapyrus is worthy of what it claims to be. Your feedback by way of emails is imperative for improvement of existing features and addition of new features. Use "Email developer" provided in the menu for easier communication. If your language is other than english just send mail in your language - developer will use google translate. So don't hesitate.

If you like the app, share app with your friends by using "Share app" option provided in the menu.

A tutorial with filters : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261966&page=7

Things I am working on:
1) I have one little problem. Wallpapyrus has default wallpaper after reboot with text "Wallpapyrus". I have to set wallpaper again and again when I am rebooting. Can you look at it please? - Bugscze - solved
2) First, thanks for the app. Really impressive. I'm not sure if it would work with a Live Wallpaper implementation or not but I would love to see schedules for wallpaper switching. For example...set the app to use one folder for Monday during the day, and then switch to another folder for Monday evening. Another example would be to use one folder or image for weekday's and another folder or image for weekends. Pwall, a non Live Wallpaper app, has this functionality, but the image quality on AMOLED screen's isn't the best. - solarus2011 - I want to give you option to save each and every setting in a profile; not just folder - so its taking late.
3) This gray scale filter is really cool! Plz make more like sepia, rainbow, android green, orange sunrise, etc. I think that's makes this app very unique. - solved ;-) And don't forget an image quality option in, mhh, 3 steps? - Andrzej - - yet to be solved
4) Currently I can only select top level directories to display images from it. My images are all in subdirectories on my external SD card and there are also some directories among them I don't want to be displayed by Wallpapyrus - Karsten. - solved

9e1ef07cdda0bbf0e2f7372605596bfab6cbed68

Attachments

• feature_graphic.jpg
    feature_graphic.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 5,231
  • device-2011-10-17-015608.jpg
    device-2011-10-17-015608.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4,910
  • device-2011-10-17-015624.jpg
    device-2011-10-17-015624.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 5,014
  • device-2011-10-17-020046.jpg
    device-2011-10-17-020046.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4,882
  • device-2011-10-17-020103.jpg
    device-2011-10-17-020103.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 5,153
  • device-2011-10-17-020428.jpg
    device-2011-10-17-020428.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 5,170
  • qurified_message.png
    qurified_message.png
    455 bytes · Views: 5,050
  • device-2011-11-11-193619.jpg
    device-2011-11-11-193619.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 2,767
Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
This is a request to check my new app. It changes wallpaper based on set interval. Downloads pics from Flickr. Gives notification of friends's pic upload on Facebook.

https://market.android.com/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.wallpaper&feature=search_result

Thanks to all of you.

Nice application, congratulations. Maybe you should think of another name as this one might be misleading as there is a DroidWall app in the market, which is well known.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.googlecode.droidwall.free&feature=search_result

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
Suggestion Welcome.

so guys What do you think? What more should be added to the app?

Your precious suggestions are welcome.

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
1. options to remove the first row info like datetime, apps name
2. double click to change another wallpaper
3. when scrolling left or right, the wallpaper currently has some delay and not smooth

Thanks.

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
suggestions duly noted.

thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

1. options to remove the first row info like datetime, apps name
2. double click to change another wallpaper
3. when scrolling left or right, the wallpaper currently has some delay and not smooth

Thanks.

May I know which phone and launcher you are using?

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
- wallpaper switch/ no-switch mode.
- wallpaper scroll/ no-scroll mode.
- New and improved user interface. Now change settings easily.
- Wallpaper layout modes - fit height, fit width and fit screen.
- set wallpapers directly from home, gallery or file browser apps.

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
thanks for the big update

A lot of enhancement since my last trial. But my personal opinion:

1. when double click and changing the wallpaper, there's an extra orange screen which is annoying. Its better to show the current wallpaper until the next is loaded and displayed
2. Could I hide the top left icon please?
3. bug? double click to change wallpaper. Notice the center position of the wallpaper. Then swipe to another page and the wallpaper will shift to right side a bit (Go launcher here)

Thanks.

Reactions: vineetksirohi

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010

1. when double click and changing the wallpaper, there's an extra orange screen which is annoying. Its better to show the current wallpaper until the next is loaded and displayed
3. bug? double click to change wallpaper. Notice the center position of the wallpaper. Then swipe to another page and the wallpaper will shift to right side a bit (Go launcher here)

Thanks.

1. the orange screen is to notify the user that double click is registered. Now i will change it to current wallpaper and show wallpaper change notification on the current wallpaper itself. Is that ok?

2. I will give option to hide icon in next update.

3. Is wallpaper scroll on in settings? kindly check.

You can ask for any customisations you want. I am always eager to hear from you.

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
1. the orange screen is to notify the user that double click is registered. Now i will change it to current wallpaper and show wallpaper change notification on the current wallpaper itself. Is that ok?

2. I will give option to hide icon in next update.

3. Is wallpaper scroll on in settings? kindly check.

You can ask for any customisations you want. I am always eager to hear from you.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
1. Since user will see the wallpaper changed after double click, its unnecessary to state the notification at all in my opinion (and its stated in setting screen already)
3. Maybe I stated not clear enough or happen on me only. First load a new wallpaper and note the center position. Swipe to another page and then swipe back to the original one. The noted location of the 'center' is shifted to right edge. This only happen on the newly loaded wallpaper for the first time.

All wallpapers are 960x480 in size for scrolling and launcher is Go Launcher Ex if these matter.

Thanks the good work so far

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
Thanks for the prompt reply.
1. Since user will see the wallpaper changed after double click, its unnecessary to state the notification at all in my opinion (and its stated in setting screen already)
3. Maybe I stated not clear enough or happen on me only. First load a new wallpaper and note the center position. Swipe to another page and then swipe back to the original one. The noted location of the 'center' is shifted to right edge. This only happen on the newly loaded wallpaper for the first time.

All wallpapers are 960x480 in size for scrolling and launcher is Go Launcher Ex if these matter.

Thanks the good work so far

1. When i tested the app on a folder with 500 images, it took 1-2 secs to change wallpaper. So i provided the notification so that the user does not lose patience and double clicks unnecessarily.

2. you are dead right on the problem. thank you for pointing out. the problem occurs when you double click on a page other than the centre page. may be you have an even no of pages in your launcher. i am going to correct it soon.

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
1. oh, I don't have that much wallpaper (~30).

2. I have 5 pages with 2 is set to default

vineetksirohi

Oct 17, 2010
App updated with requested changes:

- new Wallpaper layout mode - fill screen
- option to hide image-source-icon
- No orange screen while switching
- Now wallpaper loads with correct offset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Wallpapyrus - Play with wallpapers.
    Wallpapyrus is for you if you like iPhone style wallpaper (no scrolling)
    or
    a new wallpaper on each home screen
    or
    wallpaper change at intervals or on phone unlock
    or
    a running animated slideshow
    or
    iPhone DeepEnd app like 3d effect
    or
    see Boot animations as live wallpaper

read on for more........

Android Market link - https://market.android.com/details?id=in.vineetsirohi.wallpaper
    attachment.php

Wallpapyrus has following features:
    1) Four wallpaper modes:
    a) Normal mode with four styles:
    1. iPhone - Wallpaper does not scroll just like iPhone and of course like many other phones.
    2. iPhone with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper does not scroll with home screen but can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
    3. Android - Wallpaper scrolls with home screen like normal android wallpaper.
    4. Android with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper scrolls and can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
    It's not that normal mode after all. What do you think?

b) Chain - Different wallpaper on each home screen. Either set individual wallpapers for each home screen or set folders as wallpaper source. Ultimate option for theming.

c) Collage - Collage of wallpapers. Brings the feeling of randomness and chaos on your wallpaper.

attachment.php

d) Animated wallpaper - the coolest of the lot - an animated slideshow of wallpapers. See it to believe it. Don't overuse it. Other modes are also entitled for the same respect.

e) 3D Effect like Deepend app of iPhone - turn phone to see effect

f) Use boot animations as live wallpaper. Just unzip boot animations in a folder and put that folder in sd-card. Choose that folder in app. If multiple folders are selected boot animations are shown at random.

2) Wallpaper layout modes (available in normal mode only):

attachment.php
    attachment.php

i. fill screen
    ii. fit screen
    iii. fit height
    iv. fit width
    Now don't get limited in your choice.

3) Set folders in sd card for wallpapers. Multiple folders can be selected and sub-folders support is also available. Wallpapers are selected randomly. For Normal mode (iPhone and Android without switching) wallpapers can be set from gallery or file manager apps - just like with normal wallpapers. Use “set as wallpapyrus” instead of “set as wallpaper”.

4) Wallpapers switch either at set duration or on phone unlock. Double tap to change wallpapers is also available.
    Its the best wallpaper changer / switcher in the market.

5) Get cool pics from Flickr and your friends’ Facebook pics right on wallpaper.

6) Show/hide date, icons for facebook and flickr pics on wallpaper for easy identification on wallpaper.

7) Filters for color, brightness, saturation and contrast. Wallpapers look the way you want them.
    attachment.php

8) Wallpapyrus does not run in the background but only when the user is on launcher. It goes to sleep when the user opens an app or locks the phone. For example if you don’t use your phone for a day wallpapyrus would not run in background and kill your battery. So the effect on cpu and battery is very limited.

9) Memory usage depends on screen size – less memory usage for small screen phones like Samsung galaxy ace, htc wildfire etc. So no worries for low ram phones.

10) All these features are made easy to use and organise by "Settings Wizard" and help button on each page of the app. It could not be easier.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Of course, more is coming....
    Finally its upto you to decide whether wallpapyrus is worthy of what it claims to be. Your feedback by way of emails is imperative for improvement of existing features and addition of new features. Use "Email developer" provided in the menu for easier communication. If your language is other than english just send mail in your language - developer will use google translate. So don't hesitate.

If you like the app, share app with your friends by using "Share app" option provided in the menu.

A tutorial with filters : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1261966&page=7

Things I am working on:
    1) I have one little problem. Wallpapyrus has default wallpaper after reboot with text "Wallpapyrus". I have to set wallpaper again and again when I am rebooting. Can you look at it please? - Bugscze - solved
    2) First, thanks for the app. Really impressive. I'm not sure if it would work with a Live Wallpaper implementation or not but I would love to see schedules for wallpaper switching. For example...set the app to use one folder for Monday during the day, and then switch to another folder for Monday evening. Another example would be to use one folder or image for weekday's and another folder or image for weekends. Pwall, a non Live Wallpaper app, has this functionality, but the image quality on AMOLED screen's isn't the best. - solarus2011 - I want to give you option to save each and every setting in a profile; not just folder - so its taking late.
    3) This gray scale filter is really cool! Plz make more like sepia, rainbow, android green, orange sunrise, etc. I think that's makes this app very unique. - solved ;-) And don't forget an image quality option in, mhh, 3 steps? - Andrzej - - yet to be solved
    4) Currently I can only select top level directories to display images from it. My images are all in subdirectories on my external SD card and there are also some directories among them I don't want to be displayed by Wallpapyrus - Karsten. - solved

9e1ef07cdda0bbf0e2f7372605596bfab6cbed68
    thanks for the big update

Thanks.
    Great work

i really like it!
    Great app! Works flawlessly on my G2.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
    Thanks! Something is a little off with the image processing though.

Compare this screenshot vs the wallpaper image.