Search This thread

suryasr007

Dec 4, 2012
hyderabad
kernel

hello everyone
i want to know that can i use hells fusion #50 kernel with purekat rom
or i need to use percy and blackheart only
i am gonna flash this rom as soon as i get to know this................

purekat is build on base as AOSP..... so u will need to flash percy or black reactor since hell's fusion supports stock base roms:laugh:

tony_stark_noob

Nov 14, 2013
Banglore
hello everyone

not sure about purekat. I tried hells fusion on reincarnation (cm7). .device boots... but wifi & bluetooth won't work ... guess it's same for purekat

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
hells fusion #50 can boot cm7/aosp but it does not have the correct moduals for wifi/bluetooth for use on cm7/aosp therefore if you want a fully operational phone you need to use a kernel built for cm7/aosp like percys or black reactor

Reactions: abhishekr700

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
NOPE ..... You can try Percy kernal but Hells fusion will Cause Boot loop

hells fusion will not cause a boot loop - hells fusion can boot cm and aosp based roms but does not contain the moduals needed for wifi and bluetooth to work (it contains moduals for use on stock based only) hense why you need a cm/aosp kernel for full phone functions

Lemon_Lime`s

Jan 27, 2014
I prefer u use BlackReactor . i have use it once .

[iPhone 6] or [Samsung Galaxy S5]
>>SG Y - Hyperion 8 Rom<<
>>SG S3 mini - Official Stock Rom<<

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
I think wifi and bluetooth dont work because oF drivers
Anyway tell me the correct procedure for flashing blackreactor kernel along with links
And yes if I just want to feel the rom not using wifi and bluetooth then can I flash rom on hells kernel

Reactions: iamrocker

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Anyway tell me the correct procedure for flashing blackreactor kernel along with links
And yes if I just want to feel the rom not using wifi and bluetooth then can I flash rom on hells kernel

like iv explained many times in this thread you cannot use hells fusion as it does not contain the wifi and bluetooth modual for use on cm7/aosp - that kernel is for stock roms only

hells fusion will boot it but you may find things start force closing on you and not work properly with not all phone functions working

you MUST use percys kernel or black reactor kernel if you are using cm7/aosp to get full phone functions - network wifi bluetooth etc

all kernels are in the dev section - a simple search and you will find it - in fact black reactor kernel is currently on page one of the dev thread so not really much searching required

and you just flash it in cwm with system mounted then reboot to recovery and format system data cache then mount system data cache then flash your rom zip

abhishekr700

Mar 20, 2013
New Delhi
www.geeksunboxed.com
like iv explained many times in this thread you cannot use hells fusion as it does not contain the wifi and bluetooth modual for use on cm7/aosp - that kernel is for stock roms only

hells fusion will boot it but you may find things start force closing on you and not work properly with not all phone functions working

you MUST use percys kernel or black reactor kernel if you are using cm7/aosp to get full phone functions - network wifi bluetooth etc

all kernels are in the dev section - a simple search and you will find it - in fact black reactor kernel is currently on page one of the dev thread so not really much searching required

and you just flash it in cwm with system mounted then reboot to recovery and format system data cache then mount system data cache then flash your rom zip
flashed blackreactor kernel through odin and phone does not boot past kernel logo even after 20 min
gonna try through cwm recovery....will update soon
and one more thing is v5 of blackreactor kerneel stable??

Reactions: iamrocker

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
flashed blackreactor kernel through odin and phone does not boot past kernel logo even after 20 min

why are you using v5 of the kernel for cm/aosp rom?

please read the thread fully!!

v5 is for stock rom (doesnt work on all basebands so use v4)
cm is for cm roms and aosp

if you are using cm7 or an aosp rom you MUST use a cm kernel!!!

Reactions: Nachiket.Namjoshi

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
so i can only use cm kernel not even v4 ?

I will say it one last time

if you are using cm7/aosp you MUST use a kernel built for cm7/aosp

that means you cannot use a kernel built for stock (they use different mount systems hense non booting)

To make it clearer - no you cannot use v5 or v4 of black reactor kernel on cm/aosp as they are stock kernels
You MUST use the cm version of black reactor!

Reactions: Nachiket.Namjoshi

Nachiket.Namjoshi

Aug 16, 2012
◄♪♫██ ♪♫►
I will say it one last time

if you are using cm7/aosp you MUST use a kernel built for cm7/aosp

that means you cannot use a kernel built for stock (they use different mount systems hense non booting)

To make it clearer - no you cannot use v5 or v4 of black reactor kernel on cm/aosp as they are stock kernels
You MUST use the cm version of black reactor!
Lull, thats frustrating enough...

however,

Read the op carefully guys,
ops are written very carefully.

so,

CM version == ONLY AND ONLY CM/AOSP roms.

v5 and v4 == Only for stock based roms... (However, they can booth both aosp and cm7, but ur wifi or bluetooth wont work,) pick ur poison ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello everyone
    hells fusion #50 can boot cm7/aosp but it does not have the correct moduals for wifi/bluetooth for use on cm7/aosp therefore if you want a fully operational phone you need to use a kernel built for cm7/aosp like percys or black reactor

why are you using v5 of the kernel for cm/aosp rom?

please read the thread fully!!

v5 is for stock rom (doesnt work on all basebands so use v4)
    cm is for cm roms and aosp

if you are using cm7 or an aosp rom you MUST use a cm kernel!!!