Criticism for improvement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
So i've been a Xperia Z owner since release and I would like to open this thread so that people can talk about the problems they faced with their phones and if it can be improved by Sony.

Problems I've had:
1. Power button suddenly stopped working, after which I went to a sony center to get it fixed. I had an unlocked bootloader and they refused to repair it, even if I was willing to pay money. I got it repaired from a third party shop. This is just poor customer support.

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
So i've been a Xperia Z owner since release and I would like to open this thread so that people can talk about the problems they faced with their phones and if it can be improved by Sony.

Problems I've had:
1. Power button suddenly stopped working, after which I went to a sony center to get it fixed. I had an unlocked bootloader and they refused to repair it, even if I was willing to pay money. I got it repaired from a third party shop. This is just poor customer support.

You can call it bad customer service/support which I understand....But you also broke the TOS.
When you work for a boss and you break the TOS there is also a big chance that you'll lose your job, which is kind of the same thing.

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
You can call it bad customer service/support which I understand....But you also broke the TOS.
When you work for a boss and you break the TOS there is also a big chance that you'll lose your job, which is kind of the same thing.

Except I've had samsung repair phones even with root. Maybe sony should make better terms. I know for a fact that they prosecuted jailbrakers of the PS3, I know they had a rootkit in one of their CDs.They should be more customer friendly.

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
There's a very clear warning that your warranty may be void if you unlock your bootloader. In fact, you're warned of this no less than 3 times during the process of retrieving your unlock key from the Sony bootloader unlock site. You can pretty much take it as read that it means it will be void, even if they say "may".

As for them not wanting to work on it even if you paid, maybe they only undertake warranty repairs at that service centre.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
There's a very clear warning that your warranty may be void if you unlock your bootloader. In fact, you're warned of this no less than 3 times during the process of retrieving your unlock key from the Sony bootloader unlock site. You can pretty much take it as read that it means it will be void, even if they say "may".

As for them not wanting to work on it even if you paid, maybe they only undertake warranty repairs at that service centre.

Since when did voiding warranty mean "we will not even touch your phone"? They outright refuse to even touch phones which have unlocked bootloaders. I went to 2 service centers and clearly offered to pay for repairs.

Code:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-refuses-to-repair-phones-with-unlocked-bootloaders_id32812

I found that link after I was a victim sadly. Maybe instead of defending Sony for crony practices you could petition them to have more user respecting policies.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Did you even read what I said? Maybe they only take repairs in warranty at the service centres you went to. In any case, the result was the same. You paid for the repair.

I have no need to petition them. If I unlock my bootloader, then I won't take it to a Sony service centre if it breaks without restoring my TA backup first, as I know the warranty is void.

Also, you should look up what the word "crony" means as it doesn't mean what you think it does. ?

Last edited:

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Since when did voiding warranty mean "we will not even touch your phone"? They outright refuse to even touch phones which have unlocked bootloaders. I went to 2 service centers and clearly offered to pay for repairs.

Code:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-refuses-to-repair-phones-with-unlocked-bootloaders_id32812

I found that link after I was a victim sadly. Maybe instead of defending Sony for crony practices you could petition them to have more user respecting policies.

Okay, for example, what if they took your phone, repaired it, but in the process something happened to your OS making you lose all your contacts/media etc. What then?
Yes you may have a back-up, but other people maybe don't.
Rules/contracts are made made for a reason.
And yes of course we all have some rules that we dislike, but that doesn't mean that we don't have to follow them.

P.S. repairing the phone yourself would have been cheaper and maybe also faster then a Sony Center.

alexdc12

Aug 15, 2012
Should of relocked the bootloader before getting it repaired :D

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
just because one repair shop is lame and have no idea what to do it doesnt mean that ALL support is bad. its like taking one phone from company and say tha ALL phones are bad ugly etc... how the hell you could say that if such company can have even 500 phones models???

You can say that repair service is bad in your city but not that all service are. Deal with it.

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
Did you even read what I said? Maybe they only take repairs in warranty at the service centres you went to. In any case, the result was the same. You paid for the repair.

I have no need to petition them. If I unlock my bootloader, then I won't take it to a Sony service centre if it breaks without restoring my TA backup first, as I know the warranty is void.

Also, you should look up what the word "crony" means as it doesn't mean what you think it does. ?

just because one repair shop is lame and have no idea what to do it doesnt mean that ALL support is bad. its like taking one phone from company and say tha ALL phones are bad ugly etc... how the hell you could say that if such company can have even 500 phones models???

You can say that repair service is bad in your city but not that all service are. Deal with it.

Jesus christ, you guys are worse than apple/samsung fanboys.I read what you said, the repair shop isn't lame, I even contacted sony via e-mail and they said the same thing that they wouldn't repair it.

Also, my power button was spoiled and I couldn't restore my TA.

Again, since when did warranty void = we won't accept your phone even if you pay? I think you are projecting, did you even read what I said? I had a samsung phone before this and samsung repaired it just fine despite the fact that I had root and every thing on it.

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
LOL. Having some common sense does not equal being a fanboy. The sort of person that immediately cries "fanboy" when someone disagrees with them generally isn't worth my time, so this is the last time I'll reply to you.

As far as Sony is concerned, you deliberately modified your phone and they warned you of this 3 times during the bootloader unlock process. If it's their policy to not repair phones with an unlocked bootloader at all, then you have to live with it. That is the price of them allowing modifications to their devices by having officially unlockable bootloaders.

Like I already said, the end result was the same. You paid for the repair as your device warranty was void, so there's no real cause for complaint here. Keep on complaining to people that can't do anything about it if you want, as it seems that was the real reason for this thread in the first place. I'm out.

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
LOL. Having some common sense does not equal being a fanboy. The sort of person that immediately cries "fanboy" when someone disagrees with them generally isn't worth my time, so this is the last time I'll reply to you.

As far as Sony is concerned, you deliberately modified your phone and they warned you of this 3 times during the bootloader unlock process. If it's their policy to not repair phones with an unlocked bootloader at all, then you have to live with it. That is the price of them allowing modifications to their devices by having officially unlockable bootloaders.

Like I already said, the end result was the same. You paid for therepair as yo ur device warranty was void, so there's no real cause for complaint here. Keep on complaining to people that can't do anything about it if you want, as it seems that was the real reason for this thread in the first place. I'm out.

Except Sony didn't repair it at all. Some third party independent guy did.

Again, I do not have a problem with paying Sony, they have a problem taking my money. Please tell me where they specify they won't repair modified phones, it wasn't in any step involving unlocking of the bootloader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts